Yah I know Mr. Vai is busy, But it's time for a Hello.

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
TongueNGroove

Mikey or another admin. I think it would be nice if Steve could atleast once in a blue moon say Hi to his fans and thanks for hanging out on his site and buying his CD's and going to his concerts etc..

I know Steve is VERY busy with the new tour coming up etc... But it only takes 5 mins to log on and type a few words to his fans.

I'm sure we would all aprreciate a little feed back from Steve, so we don't all feel like we are just taken for granted. This is his site after all.

I would think that with his new tour coming up he would atleast come by and say a few words.

Maybe he has and I missed it? If so I'm sorry.

Thank you.
John

He occasionally says hi here or at the site (check out the updates, postcards and journal sections).
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

A hello takes only minutes, yes. But reading the board in order to post something relevant takes a long time.

You'll hear more from Steve when he's on the road.

- Mikey
vai.com
davester1234

Yeah, give Steve a bit of a break dudes...

It's tough being a guitar God! As dreamy as it sounds, there is a lot of stuff to do, and this forum is a big place. he's got ALOT on the table right now...dvd, essentials compilation, the jewel box, g3 tour, an album that was half completed and had to be put on hold...and that doesn't even get into the various other music related things he's involved in (ie, head man of favored nations, endorsee extraordinaire, etc...bee hive engineer :lol: )

Then, he does have a family. He'll be around soon enough.

Hell, many people who work 9-5 would have trouble making time to post regularly.

But let me tell you, although I'm sure it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously when it was posted, Steve does NOT take his fans for granted. Believe me.
TongueNGroove

Thanks mark.:)
Last edited by TongueNGroove on Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TongueNGroove

Mikey wrote:A hello takes only minutes, yes. But reading the board in order to post something relevant takes a long time.

You'll hear more from Steve when he's on the road.

- Mikey
vai.com
Yah I realize it would take a long time to reply to posts. I really don't expect Steve to read this board and post all the time.

Just a Hello every now and then would be nice.

I hope he does have time to post on the road. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Mikey.
Knightmeir

I'm nowhere near a quarter as busy as Steve is, and I barely have time to check the forums anymore... bloody time seems to just slip right through my fingers. Argh.
Not only this, but I don't have a family, and I don't have a tour to get ready for, and I don't make CDs or DVDs... There's only 24 hours in a day brother.
TongueNGroove

You also don't have a website where 100's of your loyal fans who help pay your salary congregate.
RoadStarII

Isn't the occaisional(sp?) hello from me good enough anymore???

lol, im kidding guys
Octavian

While it's nice to see a posting from Steve on the forums, that's not why I'm here. I'm guessing that's the case for most of the people here. It's the communitiy and the fact that we all share an appreciation for his music and what he's brought to the world of guitar.

There's a lot of good info on these forums, as well as some wonderful people. That also keeps me coming back to read them.

I think it's unrealistic to expect Steve to follow the boards closely. Personally I'd much rather he spend that time working on the next CD, tour, DVD, etc. :)
RAI

Octavian wrote: I think it's unrealistic to expect Steve to follow the boards closely. Personally I'd much rather he spend that time working on the next CD, tour, DVD, etc. :)
Amen!

It is very time consuming to keep up with this meassage board.
Now, if you only wish that Steve would come in and say "Hello" and pretty much nothing else, then why bother?

:wink:
guyzif

i think you miss the point my friend, personally he speaks to me when ever i put on one of his records. i know that might seem a bit dreamy but its true man. dont tell me im the only one who feels that?
VirtuosoX

You are right. Vai does alot of things to make his fans feel special. Like records, DVD's, autographs, Make A Noise, on and on and on. There are alot of us fans and only one of him. He has alot demanded of him. This is also taxing on his family. I am not too sure if Pia is on this tour or not, but I know that I get the nagging wife syndrome when I get of a 15 hour day, and that is only b/c she wants to spend time with me. We all want to be like Vai, play like him, and this is a place where he can peep in from time to time and see how he is appreciated. This may actually inspire him for more music, knowing that he is loved and admired. He has a family, and he needs time with them. This is why he put this forum here.

Off the Box and my high horse........

VX