Why does Steve selling "mothership studio" ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

The client list is impressive :)
djhollowman

slash89 wrote:The client list is impressive :)
Certainly is! Notice a lot of "extended family" there?? :D
faithplusone01

Of course we could say that he is selling it because people keep downloading his songs...
leigh01

faithplusone01 wrote:Of course we could say that he is selling it because people keep downloading his songs...
Very good point. :o
PSD

leigh01 wrote:
faithplusone01 wrote:Of course we could say that he is selling it because people keep downloading his songs...
Very good point. :o
Something tells me Steve isn't quite ready to hold a bake sale and bazaar at St. Alphonso's parish to pay the bills. Although the pancakes are the finest in the town. :lol:
Last edited by PSD on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Brown

There goes a very large bit of Vai history. :cry: I bet a lot of sweat went into
building that as well as heache. For me it would be the perfect house.

Still......life goes on. :lol:

I can offer £200 a week for the rest of my life. Deal?lol :lol:

As I'll never get the chance..Can someone write FRETPICK on the wall for me please.
Last edited by Stephen Brown on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
SPQR

FRETPICK wrote:^
There goes a very large bit of Vai history. :cry:

Still......life goes on. :lol:

I can offer £200 a week. Deal? :D
Ur quiet right man, Its sad though i love the mothership like
DigitalSkull
Newcomer

I don't often post here but my 2 cents, I think Steve is making a wise decision. To clarify, "The Mother Ship" was built around analog technology and as we all know Steve is now moving into the digital domain. In 10 years it could be hard to sell any analog based studio. A sad time indeed as we watch the door close on analog recording. But, I could be wrong about this.

P.S. I know Steve upgraded TMS to digital tech but the commute must also be murder.

:)
null_is_one

hey! we should all chip in and rent it out for a day.
then we could have like, this big party of guitar-crazed vai freaks.

of course, for those of us who dont live in the area, the plane fare would be a bitch, but hey!

:twisted:
Bennett

null_is_one wrote:hey! we should all chip in and rent it out for a day.

of course, for those of us who dont live in the area, the plane fare would be a bitch, but hey!

hahaha nice one.. i'm in :D
Trinity777

I must confess , that before moving to NY I always wanted my own recording studio. I've often day dreampt about it. If I had a massive bank roll to buy it I would. And I would still keep the Mother Ship name.

With everything going digital I would convert over to that , but still keep some essential analog equipment for ( certian muscians ) that still like to record in analog. I know hand handfull that refuse to record in Digital.

I've taken a look at the Mother Ship photo gallery. I love the design & layout of the place. Who ever decorated the guest rooms ect. did an exceptional job!

Maybe Santa will bring many free samples of cash preferably in large increments of $100.00 :lol: And I can buy it!

And finally maybe Santa will give Steve that Island he's been waiting for so long! :wink:

Trinity777 8)
leigh01

If steve could perhap's take $2,198,998 off the price i could buy it. :lol: :lol:

Na it's just a shame it's gotta go but it mean' s his new studio will be more dynamic and done to perfection.
Trinity777

leigh01 wrote:If steve could perhap's take $2,198,998 off the price i could buy it. :lol: :lol:

Na it's just a shame it's gotta go but it mean' s his new studio will be more dynamic and done to perfection.

What's the going price? :roll: hmmm 3 million? Ya I think I'll write out that check right now!:lol: go to the bank and have a treasurers check drawn up from that! :lol:

Trinity777 8)
leigh01

Trinity777 wrote:
leigh01 wrote:If steve could perhap's take $2,198,998 off the price i could buy it. :lol: :lol:

What's the going price? :roll: hmmm 3 million? Ya I think I'll write out that check right now!:lol: go to the bank and have a treasurers check drawn up from that! :lol:

Trinity777 8)
I think that someone there is a link saying $2,199,000. and that's why i said $2,198,998, cos I can only afford about $2 hahaha ,cos my smilies aren't working
juliussontany

null_is_one wrote:hey! we should all chip in and rent it out for a day.

im with you man ......let me know when ... :P