Why does Steve selling "mothership studio" ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
nienturi

I've seen this

http://floorplaninc.com/viewer.php?propertyTourID=564

on 7string forum. And i wonder why does he sell his house? Are there any problems?
SPQR

First i heard about steve selling his house?
brentm

I hope it's so he can buy a larger one... After hearing him describe his studios on the "Take Note" DVD, it seemed like both studios are necessary.
leigh01

isn't that steve's first studio. :o
litlgrnman

I hope he has an ebay style garage sale before he moves! I want one of those rugs from the studio!
lydian2000

:shock: :shock:

yes unfortunately i'm just a couple million dollars short! :lol:

but i felt like visiting his home-studio...i had seen the studio before-on the net lOL-, but correct me if i'm wrong he doesn't live in ths house anymore, right? otherwise....having your house on public display like that...just like mtv cribs...hummm i 'd be too shy to do that :oops:
brentm

litlgrnman wrote:I hope he has an ebay style garage sale before he moves! I want one of those rugs from the studio!
Ya, me too!!!! Also, maybe one of the JEMs underneath the bed in the master bedroom.
nienturi

It is 2.2 million dollars ;)

By the way you can find much cheaper rugs than those in Turkiye ;)
munchocruncho

Nice sauce.
al

Wow thats cool!
Stephen Brown

nienturi wrote:I've seen this

on 7string forum. And i wonder why does he sell his house? Are there any problems?
Is nothing private. :cry:
brentm

FRETPICK wrote:
nienturi wrote:I've seen this

Is nothing private. :cry:
Not when it comes to Real Estate. Heck, I bet with a little effort, you can find out past owners, the past purchase price, and what the assessed value is...

Besides, he's been pretty open about his studios in the past.
nienturi

FRETPICK wrote: Is nothing private. :cry:
It is all about financal problems, you say?

I'm sure about this. He had a succesful album, grammy nomination, very succesful tour...

No, i should not be, imo.
Fanch

Wow, sadly, I'm sure Steve will have no problem selling this property. I fondly remember seeing pictures of this house, studio, bedrooms, etc. on the mothership website and wishing I could afford to book a week to record there. :cry:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Steve hasn't lived at the Mothership Studio for about 10 years, although he continued to record there, and at the Harmony Hut which is now his main place of work at his large property in Encino.

When Steve wasn't working at the Mothership, he rented it out and many other bands have recorded there. You can see a list at http://www.mothershipstudio.com

Steve is selling it because he no longer needs the Mothership - as he is expanding the Harmony Hut to include a larger performance room for drums and a full band setup. Maintaining a large studio like the Mothership also can be costly, so if you're not using it much, there's no point in hanging onto it, right?

It has nothing to do with financial troubles. Steve is doing just fine. :)

And the guitars under the bed are not Steve's. They belong to whoever was working in the studio at the time the photos were taken (the house that the studio is in also doubles as accommodation for bands who may be working there.)

Mikey
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.