Steve Vai Clinic 4/30/03

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Carlo de Dios

Steve Vai Clinic 4/30/03

#1 Post by Carlo de Dios » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:01 am

I saw this posted at the Racer X forum.....

April 30 - Guitars In The Round
The Cotton Club, 152 Luckie Street, Atlanta, 8 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.)

The Atlanta Chapter welcomes top guitarists for Guitars In The Round, an educational workshop that will explore different styles of guitar playing and techniques. Panelists will include: Steve Vai (www.vai.com), Carlos Alomar (www.carlosalomar.com), Ernie Isley (www.theisleybrothers.com), Sharon Isbin (www.sharonisbin.com), Tony DeCaprio (www.tonydecaprio.com) and Pete Vogl (www.petervogl.com). The workshop will include panel-style industry discussion, Q&A, as well as a separate and collective jam session. Recording Academy members can purchase tickets for $10 in advance, or $15 at the door. Non-members can purchase tickets for $25 in advance, or $30 at the door. Advance ticket orders can be placed via credit card before 5 p.m. on April 28. For more information, please contact the Atlanta Chapter at 404.249.8881.

I went to the NYC one at the Bottomline (great little venue :) ). It was great, the other players there were just as incredible.

Tom

#2 Post by Tom » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:44 am

What Carlo said... the NYC "Nothing But Guitars" event was really cool. There's a thread here about "Whispering a Prayer" -- well, Steve gave a great demo of the technique of that song. (Though I recall he was bothered a little at first by a failing battery in the Sustainer.)

And Sharon Isbin will amaze you with her classical guitar. Wow.