Steve Vai Video Game? Wow!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
spanishphrygian

[quote="Mikey"]Your biggest clue shoud have been that the entire idea was lame. ;)

Mikey :)
vai.com[/quote]

The only thing that I agree with you there Mikey is that lying about something that Steve is doing is lame for sure.

Yet the way this guy presented me the ideas it was just unbelievable! He made it sound like an active multi-media virtual vai experience. Of course, I doubt that most computer programers and machines could handle such a tall order right now with all of the limitations.

No way, he did not explain it like a traditional video game like "Rock Star," my friend made it sound more like a RPG or a choose your own adventure Rock Opera Video Game in a non-linear music format. Non Linear meaning that the music does not always go from point A to point B, maybe one Gamer will go from A to B but another will go from A to C to Z to B or whatever, just like in Eastern Imporvisational music you know. Yet the Gamer can suspend his disbelief in the concept.

Therefore the themes of music could be reflected in an Active pro audience participant way. I mean this would be more advanced then the Ring Cycle of Wagner, yet of course being a video game it would not be taken that seriously, and if the Vai Symbologies were used there would be a group of people that could already relate a participate with this.

I mean I hate to be such a darn sucker for a lame idea, but I was foolish enough to figure that if Gene Simmons had a Market for Kiss Action Figures that all of this could be a possibility.

I think that I am going to have to talk to my friend and tell him that he is lame for getting me all excited about this stuff, and that Steve Vai and Mikey think that it is the lamest ideas that they ever heard in there whole life! I hope that gets my friend to shut up next time!

Thanks for letting me know the truth so fast Mikey. Come on though, some of my friend's story did sound kind of convincing though? Right, I mean come on, if Vai did have a video game would it be the same olde boring run of the mill conventional video game? Nah!

I feel so goofy. haha. :oops: :oops:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

spanishphrygian wrote:
Mikey wrote:Your biggest clue shoud have been that the entire idea was lame. ;)

vai.com
The only thing that I agree with you there Mikey is that lying about something that Steve is doing is lame for sure.

Yet the way this guy presented me the ideas it was just unbelievable! He made it sound like an active multi-media virtual vai experience. Of course, I doubt that most computer programers and machines could handle such a tall order right now with all of the limitations.

No way, he did not explain it like a traditional video game like "Rock Star," my friend made it sound more like a RPG or a choose your own adventure Rock Opera Video Game in a non-linear music format. Non Linear meaning that the music does not always go from point A to point B, maybe one Gamer will go from A to B but another will go from A to C to Z to B or whatever, just like in Eastern Imporvisational music you know. Yet the Gamer can suspend his disbelief in the concept.

Therefore the themes of music could be reflected in an Active pro audience participant way. I mean this would be more advanced then the Ring Cycle of Wagner, yet of course being a video game it would not be taken that seriously, and if the Vai Symbologies were used there would be a group of people that could already relate a participate with this.

I mean I hate to be such a darn sucker for a lame idea, but I was foolish enough to figure that if Gene Simmons had a Market for Kiss Action Figures that all of this could be a possibility.

I think that I am going to have to talk to my friend and tell him that he is lame for getting me all excited about this stuff, and that Steve Vai and Mikey think that it is the lamest ideas that they ever heard in there whole life! I hope that gets my friend to shut up next time!

Thanks for letting me know the truth so fast Mikey. Come on though, some of my friend's story did sound kind of convincing though? Right, I mean come on, if Vai did have a video game would it be the same olde boring run of the mill conventional video game? Nah!

I feel so goofy. haha. :oops: :oops:
I'm not speaking for Steve when I say it's lame. I'm just giving my own opinion - and the concept really was nonsensical, and lame, and not for a second did it seem convincing.

Mikey
vai.com
saraht

spanishphrygian wrote:

Yet the way this guy presented me the ideas it was just unbelievable! He made it sound like an active multi-media virtual vai experience. Of course, I doubt that most computer programers and machines could handle such a tall order right now with all of the limitations...
There's something very worrying about this story - I think your 'friend' is actually in your head.

Are you on medication? If not, perhaps you should be! :lol:
spanishphrygian

[quote="Mikey"][quote="spanishphrygian"][quote="Mikey"]Your biggest clue shoud have been that the entire idea was lame. ;)

vai.com[/quote]

I feel so goofy. haha. :oops: :oops:[/quote]

I'm not speaking for Steve when I say it's lame. I'm just giving my own opinion - and the concept really was nonsensical, and lame, and not for a second did it seem convincing.

Mikey
vai.com[/quote]

Well now I know your opinion about it, and that you never liked it for even a second.

I still disagree with you though. Even though I really like what you've done here on www.vai.com. I still think that my friend's idea was great, and I don't care what others think.

Of course, because it is not popular here, and such. I will let the fact that I still like my friends idea go because I am not going to push something in a place where people don't like it of course.

I just feel the need to assert that I can respect others' opinions with out having to change mine, or be inappropriate about it and take it too personally.

I am still really glad that I shared what I wanted to say though, and that you let me do it.

Finally, I guess the Stevie's Spank'n Undershorts are not going to be very big seller either. :(

Peace 8)
giggy5150
Newcomer

Steve has contributed to soundtracks for movies and video games - I think Halo on the Xbox is one, haven't played it or heard the tune on it. But a game about bees would be ridiculous. Is your friend taking medication?
Ginner_321

slash89 wrote:
Ginner_321 wrote:If there was one. It would have to be along the lines of "Guitar hero", I reckon :D.

That game god damn rules.

Cheers,
I don't like that game at all. It has nothing about guitar playing at all...
I know, but it doesn't have to have anything to do with guitar playing, for it to be fun. :wink:.

Cheers,
spanishphrygian

Well, I would like to know which Video Game Sountracks Steve contributed to anyway. As I said before I am letting the topic go, but of course people can continue to give feedback on it if they want.

I still think that this new Video Game concept is a great idea of course. I am not willing to share anymore thoughts about here though.
Ant711UK

saraht wrote:
spanishphrygian wrote:

Yet the way this guy presented me the ideas it was just unbelievable! He made it sound like an active multi-media virtual vai experience. Of course, I doubt that most computer programers and machines could handle such a tall order right now with all of the limitations...
There's something very worrying about this story - I think your 'friend' is actually in your head.

Are you on medication? If not, perhaps you should be! :lol:
I'm with you on this one Sarah, I'd worked that out from the very first post :roll:
Real_Confusions

You have to admit still that the game is cool!

The second one is even better! And they surprisingly chose GREAT songs.

I never thought I'd hear "YYZ" in a videogame.
juliussontany

what a nice friend you got there...kick em in the nuts if you meet him after this....tell him..it's from me...lol :D
DR5150

Well, it would be a strange concept and Vai fans would really love it, but... There really aren't enough Vai fans for any game manufacturer to actually consider making a game about him.