Did Steve Do Good in School When He Was a Kid?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Lucky

#16 Post by Lucky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:15 pm

[/quote]I agree, but a brainiac does not equal a guitar master. Take Yngwie...[/quote]

EVH might be another good example. :lol:

maximus

#17 Post by maximus » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:44 pm

I bet Steve was a kid in the last row of the class...the one who spitts paper-balls at the teacher Wink

I have a friend who's a great drumm player but he stinks in math! But then, drumms aren't art...or are they?
What did the drummer get on her math test?
DROOL.

HAHAHAHHALfjsod;jf;aosjfdij I love drummer jokes.

But I myself suck at math.

Cordi

#18 Post by Cordi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:46 am

maximus wrote:But I myself suck at math.
Me, too...But I love the languages I have! (English, Spanish,Latin, only German is really terrible!)
:mrgreen:

IanIfYouPlease
Newcomer

#19 Post by IanIfYouPlease » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:38 pm

maximus wrote:
I bet Steve was a kid in the last row of the class...the one who spitts paper-balls at the teacher Wink

I have a friend who's a great drumm player but he stinks in math! But then, drumms aren't art...or are they?
DROOL.

That's funny because sometimes I drool when I'm focusing on playing something that requires attention. Lol...but I've stopped that. It sucks cause I'll be playing and won't even realize it but all the sudden a huge ball of spit falls on my guitar. :( :oops:

Dan McAwesome

#20 Post by Dan McAwesome » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:43 pm

IanIfYouPlease wrote:
maximus wrote:

DROOL.

That's funny because sometimes I drool when I'm focusing on playing something that requires attention. Lol...but I've stopped that. It sucks cause I'll be playing and won't even realize it but all the sudden a huge ball of spit falls on my guitar. :( :oops:

Lol, your not the only one man, I have done that on more than one time and everytime it happens I feel like a dumbass, lol

- Dan

jam-man

#21 Post by jam-man » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:08 am

IanIfYouPlease wrote:
maximus wrote:

DROOL.

:lol: Me too! I really do it too often! When I do it I just look around with big stupid look on my face to see if someone saw it! :lol:

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL!

jimiyoyoyo
Banned

lol

#22 Post by jimiyoyoyo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:23 pm

imagine albert einstein playing guitar on drugs...........AIR FORCE ONE

maximus

#23 Post by maximus » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:42 pm

jam-man wrote:
IanIfYouPlease wrote:
maximus wrote: What did the drummer get on her math test?
DROOL.

:lol: Me too! I really do it too often! When I do it I just look around with big stupid look on my face to see if someone saw it! :lol:

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL!
When I play guitar, I don't know, but when I play bass, I push my lips out like Robert Plant a little bit! Do that less now though....

I can't imagine how Steve had TIME for all that, though! I have to be ready at 6:30 AM and I get home at 4:30 PM, do homework, eat, and shower until at least 6:30 PM, and then the absolute maximum I could do every day is 5 and a half hours, which I haven't yet managed to do.

So you can see why I desperately need to change schools. Maybe public would be better for me. I'd get home at 2:45 PM.

spanishphrygian

#24 Post by spanishphrygian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:25 pm

I remember that steve said in his diary that he went to Jail for the first time with his band members. haha.

I could imagine steve as being one of those kids that made a lot of animal, space, and other weird noises during class. haha. :lol:

maximus

#25 Post by maximus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:15 pm

Wait, what's a space noise?

-yasi-

#26 Post by -yasi- » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:55 am

maximus wrote:Wait, what's a space noise?
a rocked exploding... or better anmeteorit crashing into earth :lol:

joelcornell

#27 Post by joelcornell » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:48 pm

i drooled a lot too, so much that my friends began to always tell the story "hey, remember the time when joel drooled here", except there were like 20 stories, and they always said them in front of hot girls...so guitar became my only friend because it will never make fun of me...

JK

Seraphim

#28 Post by Seraphim » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:06 pm

-yasi- wrote:
maximus wrote:Wait, what's a space noise?
a rocked exploding... or better anmeteorit crashing into earth :lol:
Naaaaa... space noise is that:
http://www.vai.com/News/videos_2006/bigtravers.avi

Ibanezjem555

#29 Post by Ibanezjem555 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 pm

slash89 wrote:
davester1234 wrote:Well, music involves a lot of mathematics, as well as logical thinking. mabye they're not that far apart.
I agree, but a brainiac does not equal a guitar master. Take Yngwie; he basically quit school at the age of 10, but still he manages to create incredible and complex music..
Hahahahaaha.

spanishphrygian

#30 Post by spanishphrygian » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 pm

They say that Einstien was not good at the Violin too. He also got expelled from gradeschool and a few universities. My favorite Einstien story is when his teachers scolded him for trying to hatch a chicken egg by sitting on it. :lol: Some of these smarties are too weird to figure out. :?