VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Secret Jewel Box Prices
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 pm 

Hey everyone, I was wondering how much the original Secret Jewel Box cost and what your opinion on the price should be now for a collector of Vai memorabillia. I know it was limited to 10,000... I think. But I was trying to find one, ebay seems to think they are worth hundreds of dollars with none of the CDs purchased yet. Was just wondering what you think they might be worth. Quite frankly, it seems they are worth whatever someone will give for one. I for one would like to try and pick one up. Thanks for any info!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 pm 

I'm interested in and collect- lots of stupid things.

In my opinion- in general not about the set...

when things are made to be collected/collectable- they're not worth what people think they're worth and don't have the future value they think they have.

10,000 in the span of 'collectibles' and limited editions- is a HUGE number

Baseball cards are worth something today because kids abused them- put them in bike tires and traded them aimlessly- they're valuable because they're tough to find- and were all destroyed so ones in good condition are sought after- and carry a premium.

things run in 30 year spans too...

Back to the future is 'hot' now because people 5-15 when it came out- now have money and can go buy deloreans and stuff.

so anyway be weary of anything limited edition and sold as collectors items- because most of the time they're mass produced crap.

realistically it's worth $50-100 i'd say

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:41 pm 

I got one when they first come out, where it had a couple of cd's and picks as well as the secret cd included. I can't even remember the price, I am sure if you look back on posts here you will see what they were sold for.

They are something I never see for sale myself, maybe what you should do is post on here that if someone wants to part with one you will buy it.
The cd's themselves are great.....the first cd with all the crossroads and soundtrack music is great. Hope you get one! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 am 
Newcomer

I sold mine for about 20 Euros; it's a cardboard box with some velvet, three picks and a few second hand CDs.