Login with a social network:

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Vai Box Set
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:22 am 
Newcomer

I'm beginning to feel the same way as you redrook.....waiting for a bit is one thing but it's been ten years since the last releases for the box set came out.....that's a bit much to leave everyone who is a fan and has patiently been waiting holding the bag this long. I understand there are tours and other projects but how about finishing this project up before starting another new one? I mean it should only be one more release to finish the set anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:54 pm 

You could probably say that if Steve had released nothing at all, but following his career you can see he barely has time to scratch himself, and he always told us he was doing the box set on his own....it will happen.....personally I really want the book/booklet that was mentioned was back in the beginning 2001 I think! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm 

OK, let's be realistic here. We always knew we were going to have to buy more CDs to fill the box.

So what you paid for? That's exactly what you got.

The rest will either come or it won't. I'm sure some of us will die before it's all out. And the earth will keep on spinning.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:03 am 

Ekim wrote:
OK, let's be realistic here. We always knew we were going to have to buy more CDs to fill the box.

The rest will either come or it won't. I'm sure some of us will die before it's all out. And the earth will keep on spinning.

Absolutely not the attitude I have. I didn't pay all that money for nothing. I think a lot of people forget that part of the concept behind the box was to reward his biggest fans. It was a limited release, and included a special booklet that was to be given to every box owner once the box had been filled.

I would rather he just came out and admitted he fucked up and realised it was a project that got out of control. I'd just like to know, because the box means nothing at the moment.

So to reply to the above.... what I paid for is exactly NOT what I got.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:32 pm 
Newcomer

Yeah, there's no real excuse for him not having released the CDs at this point. It's been almost thirteen years since the box came out. If he ran into "legal" issues or issues with "copyright" or whatever then that would have been made known. So it's clear that the only reason it isn't completed at this point is that he just doesn't care enough about the project and in this case also not enough about the fans. It's just not cool and I can certainly understand why some of the box owners are frustrated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm 

Well, there really should have at least been an official statement regarding the status by now so the people that invested into the boxset at least know what the deal is..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 am 

Prezidentman wrote:
Well, there really should have at least been an official statement regarding the status by now so the people that invested into the boxset at least know what the deal is..

Exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:04 pm 

Prezidentman wrote:

AGREED!! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 am 

Bryceybhoy wrote:
Ekim wrote:

Absolutely not the attitude I have. I didn't pay all that money for nothing. I think a lot of people forget that part of the concept behind the box was to reward his biggest fans. It was a limited release, and included a special booklet that was to be given to every box owner once the box had been filled.

I would rather he just came out and admitted he fucked up and realised it was a project that got out of control. I'd just like to know, because the box means nothing at the moment.

So to reply to the above.... what I paid for is exactly NOT what I got.

Exactly, I'm so sick of this defeatist nonsense. I paid for something which should have been completed by now, and which Steve himself said in 2006 (nearly 10 years ago!!!!) that "most" of the CDs are complete.

There is no excuse, I'm seriously annoyed about it, and feel extremely let down. If it doesn't get finished soon then it was nothing more than a scam. Yes, we knew we'd have to buy more, in fact that was the point! But if they don't exist, I can't buy them can I?

Make all the excuses you want, say it's no big deal. Sure, in the grand scheme of life it isn't. But we're on Vai.com, so stop the relativism. I want it completed, and I am appalled that it's not finished a DECADE later.