Australian G3 06, vai satch and petrucci

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vaimai
Newcomer

#286 Post by vaimai » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:26 am

urm... sorry... but just 1 question. this gold ticket... is it specially purchased from either the satriani or petrucci site? because i purchased a gold ticket through ticketek. am i supposed to receive a t-shirt and also some picks? because when i collected my tickets... i didn't get any of those.

Camo/

#287 Post by Camo/ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:22 am

Vaimai - From my understanding, the gold tickets bought through ticketek just get you better seating then the cheaper ones - and congratulations on actually having the tickets in your hand, I'm currently pulling my hair out over these satch platinum tickets.

It turns out i still havent been charged for my tickets - but apparently they tried taking payment for the tickets on saturday, but the card was declined - and the bank shows absolutely no history of anyone trying to charge to the card, so now i have to wait until tuesday morning before i can fix that up with them (Oh and also, noone from fanfire bothered to call and inform me of this credit card mishap). Furthermore, the tickets are still in my Mums name - even though i rang up back in september and had them changed over.

So yeah - In the end it will have been close to $1000 spend for 3 tickets, a whole bucketload of trouble, heaps of stress induced headaches and what looks to be crap seats....but still....I think it's gonna be worthit :P

See yas there....Hopefully :?

slash89

#288 Post by slash89 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:31 am

That sucks Camo! Going through all this for some tickets. At least your going, and that's what matters 8)

markgrogan

#289 Post by markgrogan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 pm

BigBunny wrote:
markgrogan i hope you win a backstage pass 8)
So Do I :D

My FanFire order also says the tickets were shipped on the 16th....
Weird, I thought we picked them up on the night.

Probably just the shirt etc and Credit Card billing. Starting to look a bit better now.

cheers,
- Mark

DamoESP

#290 Post by DamoESP » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Spose I should check my order status with Fanfire now...

DamoESP

#291 Post by DamoESP » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Shipment information
Ship date Tracking number Shipper
Nov 16, 2006 Tickets ship prod DHL International Air and Ocean

Spose that is more info than Fanfire have been able to provide me in the alst 2 months...lol

Camo/

#292 Post by Camo/ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:07 pm

DamoESP - Did they actually give you the tracking number?, mine just says the shipping date was the 16th November - which was friday australian time...and didnt really tell me any other details other then who it was sent through, and a generic tracking number that isnt really a tracking number

Any idea on how long it'll take to get from the US to Aus?

DamoESP

#293 Post by DamoESP » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:11 am

I posted exactly what they gave me. No tracking number or anything.

I have had stuff psoted from the US before..normally takes like 6 weeks..but that is normal post.

I would say when orders for this kinda stuff is shipped...only a week MAX..when I joined the Megadeth Fan Club..it only took a few days for my package to arrive once it was shipped..and that had a t-shirt and shit with it.

So yeah..hang tight till the end of this week I say.

BigBunny

#294 Post by BigBunny » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:09 am

markgrogan wrote:
BigBunny wrote:markgrogan i hope you win a backstage pass 8)
So Do I :D

My FanFire order also says the tickets were shipped on the 16th....
Weird, I thought we picked them up on the night.

Probably just the shirt etc and Credit Card billing. Starting to look a bit better now.

cheers,
- Mark
they post out the t-shirt to us - i don't know if they are sending us the tickets by mail.....i think it's pick-up at the venue

lucky7

#295 Post by lucky7 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:32 am

Guys I love that everyone is keeping everyone up to date.
Now I am starting to get paranoid again.
I have actually moved from Frankston to Frankston and I hope nothing gets lost in the mail. :(
I was a little disappointed (if not greedy :wink: ) to find out I couldn't enter the Vai aftershow. I would've jumped on a Vai package before Satriani or Petrucci, it was only when we found out there wouldn't be one offered that we ran to Satriani.com.
Anyway I am pleasently suprised to find out it includes aftershow. :D
Does this mean all three acts will be together after the show?? 8)
Mikey, Mikey please tell me this is so. and make me one hell of a happy girl! :D 8)
Less than two weeks to go!!!!! :D 8)

Camo/

#296 Post by Camo/ » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:01 pm

:) coool - payment went through sometime this morning, and by the sounds of it i managed to get the name changed for the ticket pickup.

However, they said to bring the credit card along...strange, but anyways, Yaaay, now i just hope the shirts get here in time.

also, it is pretty awesome how everyone is giving updates on whats goin on, i also find it pretty ironic how this thread (mostly being about platinum packages) is the biggest thread available on any of the performers forums, and yet vai isnt actually doing a platinum package.

anyways, peace out

Bennett

#297 Post by Bennett » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 am

what shirt(s) do u get with the package?

BigBunny

#298 Post by BigBunny » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 am

Bennett wrote:what shirt(s) do u get with the package?
one that's "specially designed" :P whatever that means he he
maybe it's covered with Satch's drawings?

Bennett

#299 Post by Bennett » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 pm

BigBunny wrote:
Bennett wrote:what shirt(s) do u get with the package?
one that's "specially designed" :P whatever that means he he
maybe it's covered with Satch's drawings?
:D

Prev

#300 Post by Prev » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:25 pm

Got an email confirmation today from Fanfire so looks like everythings good! :D We get the t-shirts there on the nite as we're international customers. 5pm December 2nd Melbourne - Can't wait!