Australian G3 06, vai satch and petrucci

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Virulent

It's a shame Vai isn't doing EVO for you guys in Australia. I did EVO and it was awesome. Compared to what you get from the Satriani premium ticket, EVO was far, far better.
Cozi101

Just got platinum tickets for the Dec 3rd show 8) .

One question, why does satch have 3 shows listed in Melb and vai.com has only 1? Why doesn't Vai have dec 3 or 4?
Last edited by Cozi101 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prev

Thanks for the heads up Lucky7, so with this Premium package at Satriani.com, does that mean that you also have a ticket for the show so you won't need to buy one from ticketek? Bit confused about what I should do right now.
Vaitastic

I think it is VERY confusing that some ticket sales start on site A on date X and that sales on site B start on date Y.

It is not only confusing, but not fair either. As I see it now Satriani fans have an advantage in buying tickets for the best seats over Vai fans.

I hope I am wrong.
BigBunny

lucky7 wrote:A friend and I have both scored front row, just earlier today. Of course I would've loved to meet Vai, but to be front row at the concert, as well meet Satriani. I can't wait.
lucky - how do you know you got front row? :?
when i bought my platinum ticket for Perth it just said the tickets were GA? and that we get let in the venue early hmmm
BigBunny

Vaitastic wrote:I think it is VERY confusing that some ticket sales start on site A on date X and that sales on site B start on date Y.

It is not only confusing, but not fair either. As I see it now Satriani fans have an advantage in buying tickets for the best seats over Vai fans.

I hope I am wrong.
i am a Satch & VAI fan 8) so for me it works out ok....it's a bummer that Satch doesn't do the soundcheck thingy like Steve......that's what would of made me choose the EVO over Joe Platinum tix, even though Joe is my fav. guitarist :wink:

Prev the Platinum Joe thing includes a ticket for the show :)
Prev

Dude I think the tickets for the Regent theatre in Melbourne are all seats. So it's prob GA for Perth. Could be a bonus for us in Melbourne with allocated seats, no getting there 10 hours early and lining up!!
Hey Lucky did the confimation actually tell you what row and seats you have been allocated? therefore you essentially have got your ticket even before the ticketek ones are up for sale, or is that just for the meet and greet etc so you would still need to buy from Ticketek. I'm still a bit :roll:
Prev

Ok thanks Big Bunny time to get tix!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Wazza

Just got my tickets from Joes website. :) Thanks for the info Lucky7.

Hey Mikey, since Australia misses out on evo tickets, would it be possible to have any individual items of the evo package available for us? "I would love to" be able to purchase a copy of the limited edition CD. :)
BigBunny

Wazza wrote:Hey Mikey, since Australia misses out on evo tickets, would it be possible to have any individual items of the evo package available for us? "I would love to" be able to purchase a copy of the limited edition CD. :)
oooo good idea - i'm thinking Steve can come out & say 'Hello' when we are meeting Joe 8) that would just make my day :shock:

Prev it looks like Sydney & Perth are GA - but we get allowed in the venue early, so that will help me get near the front. but seats would probably be better - though i do love to stand & play air guitar when watching Satch & VAI :wink:
spankstar
Newcomer

hey could anyone tell me how much the cheapest tickets are going to be ? since i'm pretty much broke at the moment, i'm planning to go to the melbourne show. thanks in advance.
vaimai
Newcomer

hi... just curious, when the vai.com store sells the Evo Premium Experience tickets, is it dealed in USD or AUD? cos for me i'm quite a newbie with all these stuff; this is gonna be my very first live concert...
what are the payment methods available for the Evo Premium Experience tickets?
also, the tickets go on sale at 9am US time or OZ time? thanks heaps :)
BigBunny

vaimai wrote:hi... just curious, when the vai.com store sells the Evo Premium Experience tickets, is it dealed in USD or AUD? cos for me i'm quite a newbie with all these stuff; this is gonna be my very first live concert...
what are the payment methods available for the Evo Premium Experience tickets?
also, the tickets go on sale at 9am US time or OZ time? thanks heaps :)
vaimai Steve will not be having the EVO Experience, please see Mikey's post above
Kilar

OK, i've checked all the links for the Melb show at the Regent and it does NOT say it's an 18+ only show, so I'm assuming it's an all ages venue.

Just wanted to cnfirm this as I'm looking at taking my 13yo Nephew so wanted to make sure he could actually get in.
lucky7

Questions, questions, questions!!!! :D
I will try to remember all and answer all.

Prev as was already answered The Satriani.com platinum experience includes tickets to the show, and as you pay it immediately tells you what seats you have.

The only bad part is I won't hold a ticket in my hand until concert day. :(
I assume Satriani.com is telling us all the Melbourne dates and Vai.com hasn't because they will not be on sale until the first one has sold out or is nearly sold out.

With regards to over 18, The Palace was always a venue that sold alcohol so I assume the Regent Theatre may, but won't have the same policy of over 18, but if I were you Kilar I would ring the theatre direct and query this show alone.

The Premium ticket prices I quoted were in US Dollars, it worked out about an additional $70 Aus, (our dollar must be okay at the moment)
I have no idea on normal ticket prices, check at a Ticketek agency.
I also would have loved to purchase an EVO experience ticket, so it is a real shame.

I don't know about a lot of you, but I hate all this pre sale stuff. I for one loved lining up for a ticket, knowing you had just as much chance as anyone else for great seats.

Joe is selling Platinum, which is the first four rows, then we have Gold, which is rows five to fifteen, then by the time the internet pre sale is over from Midday Tuesday until Thursday, what tickets are left??? :(
The internet is an amazing tool, that lets face it, if we didn't have it, how would we ever find out anything about Vai or Satriani.

Anyway I am digressing, I am so glad I was able to help all local G3 fans with access to great tickets.

So now we countdown to December!!!! 8) :D

P.S. I almost forgot Prev, let me know how you go for tickets!!! :)