ideas for vai tattoo

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bennett

When I become 18 i'm definitely gonna get a tattoo.
Well I want to anyway, either my footy team's enitials or a music (vai) symbol. I think it'd be pretty cool but if I got a vai one, I'd only get one with a double meaning..
Moscow_Jem_Girl

And I'm going to make to easier trade mark Vai on my neck behind :roll:
Like this http://vai.com/FanForum/tattoo_02_27.html
Bennett

Moscow_Jem_Girl wrote:And I'm going to make to easier trade mark Vai on my neck behind :roll:
Like this http://vai.com/FanForum/tattoo_02_27.html
Cool! That's a good one..
Moscow_Jem_Girl

Actually I thought very long (about two years), whether it is necessary to make a similar tattoo which is connected with music or musicians. All my friends (including the master of tattoo) assured me, that I shall regret about it then, that musical tastes constantly vary. As a result I have solved, that I shall make it because so I want. Besides technics and medicine at a high level now. :D
:!: And I advise all of you properly to think, do you really want it?
Big Bad Bill

I think the trick is to make your 'celebrity-based' tattoo as ambiguous as possible, so that only people who really know about the celebrity understand it and those who don't, just see it as something pretty. I think the 'Vai-Eye-in-the-Triangle' is perfect for this. It means "I'm a huge Vai fan", or "I'm into mysticism", or "This eye watches over me" or "It's just a pretty design"! The Vai Vine of Life is similar in that respect. Subtlety is the key, so I'd avoid having, "I love xxxxx xxx. He's cool and stuff" tattooed on my forehead!

There are ways of removing tattoos now, but there hugely expensive, they can produce scars that are worse than the actual tattoo and they only really work on dark coloured pigments-reds greens and whites don't 'bleach' that well, so don't think that tattoos are anything but permanent.
Bennett

Big Bad Bill wrote:I think the trick is to make your 'celebrity-based' tattoo as ambiguous as possible, so that only people who really know about the celebrity understand it and those who don't, just see it as something pretty. I think the 'Vai-Eye-in-the-Triangle' is perfect for this. It means "I'm a huge Vai fan", or "I'm into mysticism", or "This eye watches over me" or "It's just a pretty design"! The Vai Vine of Life is similar in that respect. Subtlety is the key, so I'd avoid having, "I love xxxxx xxx. He's cool and stuff" tattooed on my forehead!

There are ways of removing tattoos now, but there hugely expensive, they can produce scars that are worse than the actual tattoo and they only really work on dark coloured pigments-reds greens and whites don't 'bleach' that well, so don't think that tattoos are anything but permanent.
well said :D