A Question for You...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

#196 Post by vaiisagoodguitarplayer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:22 am

Personally I'm really looking foward to RI:2. You've shown us what you can do in your past albums and they are some of the most revolutionary guitar albums of the past decade or so. However I really think that you have found yourself with the Real Illusions:Reflections album. It's your voice and even though I'm a guitar player that has been following your albums for a while, Real Illusions really hit the spot for me. I say do what you gotta do with the DVD and pour your heart and soul into Real Illusions 2. In the mean time, get those Zappa tunes under your fingers :wink:

khomel
Newcomer

#197 Post by khomel » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:26 am

I would love a record inbetween RI1 and RI2. I can't wait for RI2, but the thought of another instrumental, old school Steve style, is too good to not want right away!

sjengkie
Newcomer

hello!!!

#198 Post by sjengkie » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:29 am

HI Steve and all the fans!! :roll:

I like all the music you've made, especially Aching Hunger!.....Then I thought: Mike Oldfield...????....yes, sounds crazy huhhh!.....but I think an album or show with Mike Oldfield or Joe Satriani.....????....maybe an option???

Whatever....I' ll be very curious what's it gonna be!!

And I hope you'll visit the Netherlands real soon!!!

Greets to all of you out there!!!!!

Max

DJR
Newcomer

#199 Post by DJR » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 am

A balls out guitar record would be awesome! I was in my element with ALS, and the fact that it was backed up with a Video release was just great.

Here's one for you... How about taking the Alien Love Secrets idea, mix it with the Alive In A Ultra World formula and do a LIVE studio recorded AND performed DVD + CD!? So you are quite literally getting what you're seeing! it would be a challenge purely on the constraints of the idea. Balls out, stripped down, The Breed - "As Is"

I ...and I'm sure that goes for "we", would Love it! just a thought...

Peace

DJR

soto81
Newcomer

new music

#200 Post by soto81 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:31 am

Mr. Vai, as always you continue to inspire me, Ihad the pleasure of finally meeting you in Hartford,Ct. last year, Couldn't thank my wife enough for getting me the evo package.... as for anything new that your thinking about doing.. I've been listening to your playing since the Halloween concert in NYC 1981 with Mr. Zappa and what the coolest thing is your always changing.... everytime I think I can predict the next part in one of your songs.... well the outcome is always the same. Idon't think you need my humble opinion on if you should release anything new. I just wish I lived on the east coast so I could be at one of the Zappa shows. I look forward to whatever it is you do in the future.
thanks..
Billy

ldr5150
Newcomer

Re: A Question for You...

#201 Post by ldr5150 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:37 am

Yes yes yes yes yes....

Alien Love Secrets is probably my favorite album you've done, although I haven't heard all of the newer stuff. I would love to hear you do something similar that you threw together in a very short period of time. If you do do it, though: PLEASE! Use a live drummer. I love your stuff, and I always have. But, I'm a drummer, and the stuff with machines on it is much harder for me to get in to.

Thanks,
LDR

bubbish
Newcomer
Location: formerly of Berklee College of Music, now at MI in Hollywood

#202 Post by bubbish » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:37 am

The way I see it, musically, you can do no wrong. If you decided to do polka versions of Micheal Jackson tunes underwater, it would still sound great and I would still find something in it that I love. Rock on Steve! I think this type of question is gutsy btw...asking the fans to help you decide how you create your art

harm01
Newcomer

#203 Post by harm01 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:39 am

Hi Steve!

Yes, that would be a very good idea!
I think that would also be a very good idea to tour again :lol:

Just go for it and surprise us with the brain and finger food!

On steroids sounds ok, but keep in touch with the feelings like Tender Surrender! You could wake me for that any time.

From the Netherlands,

Harm

ChickenScratch

#204 Post by ChickenScratch » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:41 am

An emphatic yes Steve! Why not record an instumental CD ... unless it in some way interferes with RI2. It's up to you man but we would all be excited to hear an instrumental record.

GearBoxTy
Newcomer

Real Illusions part Deux

#205 Post by GearBoxTy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:41 am

Hey Steve,

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but honestly, I think you should stick to the Real Illusions pt. 2 plan. I know you're a driven music creator and your creativity is astounding. I'm sure you're aware of contractual obligations and your schedule, so it just seems to me it would make the most sense just to stick to the plan. I don't think you'll lose any fans by not having an interim release before RI2.

Just my $0.02.

~Tyler

dg1027
Newcomer

ABSOLUTELY STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#206 Post by dg1027 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:46 am

An instrumental record would be absolutely fantastic! DO IT!!!! :D

JackUnderwood
Newcomer

#207 Post by JackUnderwood » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:51 am

:? Grasshopper....I mean Steve. Keep in mind everything that follows is influenced by everthing that has come before. Working on the project you choose first will greatly influence the following body of work. Reach deep into your pocket for the correct pick to pull out first. Only you can know which box of crayons to color from first. Follow your own best advice. It has led you well thus far...
Laterz.
Kung Fu

:guitar

tgrace77
Newcomer

#208 Post by tgrace77 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 am

Hi Steve. It would be wonderful to have another installment like Alien Love Secrets! I tremendously enjoyed the spontenaity and sense of freedom in your playing that that recording presented.

tim

sdbull
Newcomer

New Stuff???

#209 Post by sdbull » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:59 am

Real Illusions 2 sounds exciting...
Acoustic instrumental sounds yummy...

Either way, I say... "Just go for it!"
I'm as giddy as a little school girl.
Whatever you decide upon, I'll support it.

taodude
Newcomer

new CD from Steve

#210 Post by taodude » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:08 am

Alien Love Secrets part 2 sounds awesome!! ALS is probably my fave, with Passion an extremely close second...Give us something to chew on while you write your opus, Steve!!!!