Holy crap! FTLOG is very similar to...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
playnoevil777

rockabye baby!The first 3 or 4 notes(depending on if you think a slide is one or two)are the same.I was playin; it,and I flubbed up the timing,and came out with rockabye baby! :lol: I wonder if Steve based FTLOG on rockabye baby?
Haydn

playnoevil777 wrote:rockabye baby!The first 3 or 4 notes(depending on if you think a slide is one or two)are the same.I was playin; it,and I flubbed up the timing,and came out with rockabye baby! :lol: I wonder if Steve based FTLOG on rockabye baby?
No it's far closer to the theme to Kung Fu (the 70s TV programme starring David Caradine)
jmchambers5

yea, and if you change the rhythm, add some notes, and switch the ones that are there, it's EXACTLY the same thing as Crazy Train, its really bizarre. :lol:
Dan

lol
Reaper

jmchambers5 wrote:yea, and if you change the rhythm, add some notes, and switch the ones that are there, it's EXACTLY the same thing as Crazy Train, its really bizarre. :lol:
actually, if you play the second riff of Mr. Scary... now that's just like Crazy Train (really!)
Drewster

AND IF YOU START PLAYING THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON ON THE THIRD LIONS ROAR IN THE WIZARD OF OZ THE ALBUM PLAYS EXACLY ALONG WITH THE MOVIE.
jmchambers5

i've seen the dark side of oz, its the coolest thing ever. Pink Floyd swears up and down it wasn't intentional, but its gotta be.
JEMavenger

Dark side of oz? Is that available somewhere?
Henrique Henriques

I did that once I started to play For the Love of God and just switcvhed to rockaby baby...(my friends cracked up!!) :lol:

heheheh
jmchambers5

JEMavenger wrote:Dark side of oz? Is that available somewhere?
Dark side of Oz is a do it your self kind of thing. You have to have Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon album, and a video of the wizard of Oz. If you start playing the album at the right time, then they'll line up for all kinds of fun stuff. The munckins dance to the music, people in the songs say things that line up with the movie, its pretty cool. You can find somewhere on the net where to start the album, or someone on this board might could tell you.
bkornaker1977

actually, FTLOG sounds a hell of alot like "windows to the soul"..........
lydian7

playnoevil777 wrote:rockabye baby!The first 3 or 4 notes(depending on if you think a slide is one or two)are the same.I was playin; it,and I flubbed up the timing,and came out with rockabye baby! :lol: I wonder if Steve based FTLOG on rockabye baby?
Don't be daft, there are thousands of examples where people use perfect 4th/5th intervals to create the start of a melody. John williams makes a living out of it! :wink:
Tom

I think that the first (main) theme to "Incantation" echoes the opening to FTLOG.