Steve's largest performance

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Lotus Eater

Quick question:
Does anyone know the largest audience that Steve has ever played for?
Or perhaps the biggest selling show in the history of Mr.Vai's solo career?
Just wondering because I saw the video for the Audience is listening and WOW! I had no idea how large some of his past shows have been!!!! :headbang absolutely stunning!
Kilar

I'd guess to say probably some staduim show during the Dave days or the Donnington festival with Whitesnake.
EyE

Kilar wrote:Donnington festival with Whitesnake.
Ooh, 4sure!!!
b2

Also the concert on the "Crossroad guitar festival" (Eric Clapton)
I believe was with alot of people?
And also when playing with David Lee Roth I believe.
Gulliver

Kilar wrote:I'd guess to say probably some staduim show during the Dave days or the Donnington festival with Whitesnake.
Cool. But these are not "solo Vai" concerts...
Last edited by Gulliver on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPQR

The grammy's with nelly furtato i belive over 75 million viewers watched it lol, WOW what if he had of made a mistake howbad wud u feel lik, but being steve everything went his way

:lol:
Ant711UK

I watched the grammy performance and I was nervous for him.
Nelly looked pretty nervous too! That was a big audience.

Tony
RAI

As a solo artist, I would think the relatively recent performance in China was one of the biggest crowds.
A couple of years back, I believe....
resha

fortheloveofgod wrote:what if he had of made a mistake howbad wud u feel lik, but being steve everything went his way

:lol:
well, not to be iper-critical or something, but as far as I remember He misses a harmonic during the very first part of the performance. Which doesn't mean the performance itself wasn't good, not at all! Really amazing and touching, one of the best guitar arrangements for a pop song actually :wink:
Anyway I can't really remember any other mistakes in His live shows recorded, neither during the most difficult parts... Steve's just great 8)
KeithH

I went to the Donington festicals when Steve played, and I know for a fact that the 1998 one with Dave Lee Roth had a crowd of 105,000, but two fans got crushed and killed so they restricted the capacity for the next one (when he played with Whitesnake) to 75,000, so I would say the 1988 show with Dave.