Least Favorite Steve Vai Album

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
The Prez

It had to be asked sometime! (It might of already been asked, haven't found the post.) But what is the album you least listen/aprriciate. The only one I never really enjoyed was "Sex and Religion" I didn't like the vocals and only a couple songs on that were good. The Ultra Zone and P and W are my favorites.
pro-fleisch

irony on

passion & warfare kinda sucked

irony off
:roll:
playnoevil777

P&W and ALS are my favs.My least fav...well I've heard some bad stuff about S&R,but I don't know(I haven't heard it).I don't really not like any of em',they all have their own little place(well okay,P&W has a HUGE place.) :lol:
eyebnez

Dont have a least favorite sorry. I usually change my mind about my most favorite often :wink:
Jakan

My least fave is.......Sex & Religion by far. Man i really soooooooo do not like this thing.

Fave -> Fire Garden
ds23pallas

I still love Sex and Religion - some of the songs are fantastic, and really complex. Devins vocals are also amazing. It was "perfect" heavy metal to me - very heavy in places, great playing but with plenty of melodies and interesting bits. I just downloaded some of Devins songs from Mp3.com and it's great to hear him again, I still think he's one of the best rock singers of all time.

My least favourite would probably be Flexable Leftovers, although that's not to say I don't still like it!
Mr. Canadian

Alive In An Ultra World.
fyrie

My least fav is Fire Garden. I still like it quite a bit, but out of all of his non-compilation albums it has the most songs on it that I am not really into.
Bono

I have Fire Garde, ALS, Elusive Light and sound, 7th song, fire garden, Ultra Zone, Passion and warfare and Alive in an ultra world.

Here are my preferences:
1) Fire Garden
2) Alien Love Secrets
3) Alive in an ultra world
4) 7th Song
5) Passion and warfare (I only really like 2 songs off this)
6) Elusive Light and sound
7) Ultra Zone
Drewster

I liked S & R but it did'nt do to well money wise. And I don't really like the second half of Fire Garden where it has lyrics. But my least favorite is Flexable.
Octavian

Least favorite...very hard to choose....but I guess if you have your favorites and work backwards, you have to come up with something...

Probably Flex-Able Leftovers, but I still like that more than the majority of CDs I own.
GuitarStrings

I think Alive in An Ultra World is one of the most underrated albums in music bussnes, I simply cannot find a bad song on that album... Oh certainly, if you want to fully appreciate it, you got to have an fully open-mind when you listen to it.
Bono wrote:I have Fire Garde, ALS, Elusive Light and sound, 7th song, fire garden, Ultra Zone, Passion and warfare and Alive in an ultra world.

Here are my preferences:
1) Fire Garden
2) Alien Love Secrets
4) 7th Song
7) Ultra Zone
Octavian

I have to agree with you GS. Alive in an Ultra World is a fantastic CD. Each time I listen to it I hear more and more. For the last couple of weeks I've been completely immersed in it.
Texter

Don't like the Ultra Zone as much as the rest...it's pretty weak...although most of the songs are pretty cool live hehe 8) But windows to the soul or lucky charms...come on :twisted: you just find yourself wonderously observing your refrigerator or something like that...
Bono

Bono wrote:I have Fire Garde, ALS, Elusive Light and sound, 7th song, fire garden, Ultra Zone, Passion and warfare and Alive in an ultra world.

Here are my preferences:
1) Fire Garden
2) Alien Love Secrets
4) 7th Song
7) Ultra Zone
Eh heh...quoting myself, how sad lol :)

Well since posting this, I have actually bought the rest of his albums (along with the secret jewel box)...and here's the updated list

1) Fire Garden
2) Alien Love Secrets
4) 7th Song
7) Flexable leftovers
8) Ultra Zone
9) Flexable
10) Sex and Religion (no offence..but in my opinion, this album sucks...theres some nice stuff in there but the whole idea of Steve going gothic is a bit too much..or did i miss the point?)