The official GOOD LUCK AT THE GRAMMY AWARDS thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Anybody have a seating chart?

Call me curious! :mrgreen:
stratocastermaster

has his award been given pre tel yet?
morgan243
Newcomer

Good Luck, your music always inspires me and lotus feet was no different, you really deserve this win, no doubt!

Yea so doe s anyone know when this will be aired or announced? Or will they air this one at all?
cnc74

Steve lost the grammy to Les Paul. :cry:
morgan243
Newcomer

Damn, well after some research, Its already been decided and he didnt win

go here
http://grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/Annual_ ... es.aspx#04

Notice that highlighted in Orange means thats the winner of said category

Then, off to the left click "Rock", and scroll down a bit to "Best Instrumental Rock" and you'll see that Les Pual Has already won it!

Im sorry Steve, Just keep making great music and they are bound to recognize you one day!
Willie

I hate to say this and I don't mean any disrespect to Les Paul by this, but I personally believe that Steve is undobtedly a much better guitarist than Les Paul is/was and there is nothing that can convince me otherwise :)

In my eyes, it doesn't matter if they award Steve a grammy or not because as far as I'm concerned, STEVE IS THE BEST :) and I would actually like to thank Steve for not only giving us guys a forum and loads of stuff to check out on his site, but also for giving us continueously amazing guitar playing, that never ceaces to make my jaw hit the floor :)

Thank you Steve 8)

Willie :)
fineweather

Congrats Les Paul and his friends!
...And I send my big hug to Steve! :wink:
Willie

Yes, actually I congradulate Les Paul too, I'm sorry about not adding that in, I was just hoping that Steve would get it and was dissappointed that Les Paul got it instead, oh well :)
felipe82
Newcomer

I was watching the show a little bit and when Billie Joe Armstrong came to present best rock album or something he sent a special greeting to Les Paul, something about being in a hospital. Did I heard wrong? I wasn't paying too much attention to the broadcast and google shows nothing about it.
Willie

I don't know about it either, I'm in the uK here and it's 3:15 am here :), I'm as wise as you are, but if he is in hospital, then I wish him all the best and I hope that he recovers completely from whatever is wrong :)

I must say, these rappers suck. :roll: :lol:
Fire Garden

I hope Steve will enjoy the Grammy Party tonight.

L.A. is sooooooo hot right now! :lol:
litlgrnman

Congrats to Les Paul. Don't know that much about him as an artist or guitar player but in the first sentence of his wikipedia entry it reveals that he's "one of the most important figures in the development of modern electric instruments and recording techniques..." Reminds me of someone else ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Paul

It's an honor to be nominated. While it would be a bonus to bring home the hardware it's good to see Steve get some recognition for all of his efforts. Thanks for everything Steve...can't wait to hear what you get nominated for next!
mrfastfingers

CONGRATULATIONS STEVE!!! For being one of the best damn players out there...and most importantly, the one who expresses himself the best with a guitar. What's music about?...isn't it about making ur inner world real? about transmitting emotions to others, no matter if it's only to one person? About composing a song that makes u cry, smile, love, cheer up, raise ur spirits, wanna be a better man? I believe so....CONGRATULATIONS ON ACHIEVING DAT!!!........oh, and, about the grammy, "better luck next luck" ;)

And congratulations to you mr Les Paul, ur music is great also...nice to have ur hard work recognized, huh? :) congrats ol' man