GRAMMY Steve Vai Special Feature on CBS.com

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

If something like that gets started, the ignorants will just stomp all over it, & the media will follow suit. Bottom line is that people like that just don't care about people like Steve. Sad, but true. :(
guyzif

Looks like we;ll have to wait until steve's les pauls age before he get one...
RAI

guyzif wrote:Looks like we;ll have to wait until steve's les pauls age before he get one...
Well, that shouldn't be too long.....

:lol:
guyzif

RAI wrote:
guyzif wrote:Looks like we;ll have to wait until steve's les pauls age before he get one...
Well, that shouldn't be too long.....

:lol:
We shall see....
xifr

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:If something like that gets started, the ignorants will just stomp all over it, & the media will follow suit. Bottom line is that people like that just don't care about people like Steve. Sad, but true. :(
Yup, society doesn't like non-conformists. They're dangerous. Everyone needs to be the same.

The idea won't take off. The reason why the grammies are successful are that they follow popular artists. People watch it and know the names of the artists. They are probably tone deaf and don't know what they are listening to, but they know the name. Just like good ol brand name selling power.

It would be great if something like that could happen, but it can't due to the current world climate.

Yeah, I think the ignorants far outnumber the non-conformists. :lol: The media outlets are saturated with these kinds of people too, so it would never fly. They'd really come out of the woodwork on something like that. As with everything else, it's all about the benjamins, & the benjamins can't be made by "wasting time with unpopular bands & artists, & /or guitar virtuosos." Again, sad but true. :(

I mean come on, they put Steve & Les in there with the polka guys. Give me a break man. We're talking about Les Paul & Steve freakin' Vai here!!! Now don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy a little polka once in awhile & I'm not trying to diminish those guys' contributions & achievements, but my point is that this just goes to show you how screwed up these people are. An award with nominees like Les Paul & Steve Vai DESERVES to be given during the main show, not at some lame pre-tel with the polka people, that's a big joke in & of itself. :roll:

As Biff Byford would say: "These people are weird!" :lol:
altruistik

klangmaster TM wrote:Is that downloadoable? I have low bandwidth and I'd rather see it on my hard disc, than in Net Browser.
With firefox you can use:

Download Embedded - Firefox Extension

Download Embedded 0.2, by Andrew Ruder, released on February 03, 2006
Quick Description

Downloads all or selected embedded objects on a webpage. Can be used for downloading movies, mp3s, flash, quicktime, or other embedded files.

When the Download Embedded plugin detects an embedded object, a small red arrow will appear on the status bar at the bottom of your firefox window. Just click that and either download them all or pick which ones you want to download. Enjoy!

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... 10&id=1993
sword

After you've downloaded them, how do you view them again from your computer?

(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)
altruistik

sword wrote:After you've downloaded them, how do you view them again from your computer?

(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)
hi!

For IE use, 1st use:

Flash Capture (http://flashcapture.zbsoft.net/#download)

Then use:

Swiff Player?

Swiff Player is a Free stand-alone player that enables Web Designers and Flash Users to easily play their Flash movies. Swiff Player offers a variety of playback capabilities including full-screen mode. Swiff Player also includes the unique OpenGL hardware accelerated playback mode, for visualizing Flash movies full screen at maximum frame rate.

http://www.globfx.com/downloads/swfplayer/
---------------------------------------------------------------

BTW . . . wanna see something funny? check out:

Pee-Wee Goes To Prison by John Humphrey (bassist for Scott Henderson)

http://www.johnhumphrey.com/pxl_this_13.html
klangmaster TM

Mikey wrote:
klangmaster TM wrote:
axeman31390 wrote:try right-clicking and clicking "save target as"
It's allin flash. And there's a catch... :roll:
And I don't blame them. Too many people think they can just download videos and then do what they like with them - like upload the without permission to Google Video or YouTube. And that's totally not cool.

Putting videos in Flash prevents that.

Mikey
vai.com
What for? Isn't that for people? Everyone wants to have it on his drive, cause it won't be there forever. Refering to me, i'm doing archives so i can watch them 10 years later. Is that bad? That's free, so if i use it for home use, it's legall i think. You're right about other things, that are in shops or are recorded while concerts, but in this case I think i'm right.
No offence, bro.
Peace,
k :)
lydian2000

xifr wrote:
musicslave wrote:I think Steve would agree that Les winning is cool. He was responsible for so many things.
That's true, but I don't think they should give him a Grammy for that. The award is 'rock instrumental' not 'achievment award.'

But I guess it is the Grammies... they'd probably rather give their award to a big name like Les rather than Steve :cry: .
alas yes i third that, but something puzzles me here, and correct me if I'm wrong(I literally mean that) but the category is said to be best rock instrumental performance...to me it suits steve and joe perry very well but adrian belew and Les have IMHO not much to do with rock but jazz/country instead.

now i understand the choice of the academy to award something to Les "while he's still with us". :)

I think Kelly Clarkson is alright, but why were her & Gwen even nominated when their albums came out in 2004? Are the Grammy's a little behind? Shouldn't Kelly & Gwen's albums have been nominated at LAST YEAR'S awards? :? :roll: :lol:
Angelicosis

Well not really prevents. There's an app called Camtasia which records everything that goes on on the screen along with the sound. There is a little delay of the video comparing to audio, but the quality of the video and audio is awesome. You can save it later as an avi format with the compression You like (depends on the codec You've got installed).
Recording such things is not fair if You want to sell them later, but if You love the Man and want to look at him and listen to him as often as You desire and You don't publish such recordings, what's wrong with that?

All the best,
Angelika
Mikey wrote:
klangmaster TM wrote:
axeman31390 wrote:try right-clicking and clicking "save target as"
It's allin flash. And there's a catch... :roll:
And I don't blame them. Too many people think they can just download videos and then do what they like with them - like upload the without permission to Google Video or YouTube. And that's totally not cool.

Putting videos in Flash prevents that.

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

You should probably re-read what I wrote.

Mikey :)
vai.com