"In My Dreams" Video

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

First of all, I have to say this video kicks major @$$ along with the actual song. The video is just so cool to watch. What I would like to know is if this video is available in any other resolution besides the crappy one available on Vai.com. I'd love to watch the video full screen sometime. Also, what is the name of the band and lead singer Vai plays with in the video. And lastly, are there any other videos or songs they made together, or is this "In My Dreams" video all there is. Thanks for all info on this matter.
RoiMichael

The singer is Devin Townsend.
Jamie FT

God I love Hevy Devy. :D
totallygeek

Seriously, Vai needs to release a video anthology with all his MTV videos and some little clips from interviews, concerts, and such. Something like Satch Tapes, but comprehensive.
lotus_girl

where did you find this video? i have never seen it. i'd like to see it since it's one of my favorite songs and has been since i was 10 years old.
stratocastermaster

he plays a few other songs with him... like almos tthe whole sex & religion album
resha

On vai.com there also was "down deep into the pain" vid... kinda dark :twisted: (the band was simply called VAI :) )
Mystic Fibrosis
Newcomer

Freaky... I saw this thread the exact second the song started playing :D
The video is really cool, but it's unfortunate that it was filmed with the touring band, and not Bozzio and T.M. Stevens. And Devy looks so young in it! He looks so innocent compared to the filthy metaller he is now :p
BigBadMoFoGangsta

lotus_girl wrote:where did you find this video? i have never seen it. i'd like to see it since it's one of my favorite songs and has been since i was 10 years old.
I downloaded the video from Vai.com in the Video Vault section. They've taken all these videos down since then. They are probably going to make them available again for a small download fee. That's the only reason I can think of that they would have been taken off the website.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:
lotus_girl wrote:where did you find this video? i have never seen it. i'd like to see it since it's one of my favorite songs and has been since i was 10 years old.
I downloaded the video from Vai.com in the Video Vault section. They've taken all these videos down since then. They are probably going to make them available again for a small download fee. That's the only reason I can think of that they would have been taken off the website.
They were taken down because the video downloads were too much of a drag on the server. Once we have moved to a new host, they'll return as usual.

Jeroen
lotus_girl

my favorite video with steve is the deeper the love when he played with whitesnake. motivation is:
great song with not one but two hunks in the video, adrian vandenberg and steve vai. steve is playing the solo and thats great because he plays 1000000 times better then vandenberg who is mostly just a pretty face.
*bows* thank you!!!
xxxYNGWIExxx

pm me if you want a link to that video
metalus

I saw this video on ITV (uk channel) in 1993. The video is quite surreal IMO. Especially when it starts to run backwards. Am i correct in thinking there is a normal forward version of this video?. I think in this video Hevy Devy is around 20 years old. If you seen him today in any of the the Strapping Young Lad video's, look at the differance in his look. Today he's insane compared to the more innocent version you saw in the In My Dreams With You Video. Look for what i think it the funny bit of this video, when Devy splits into 2 and smiles with a wry look on his face, almost like they had to shoot this bit a few times due to him laughing maybe!.

Loz :D