The Zappa Plays Zappa tour

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Ekim

This will bite so bad if they don't do any U.S. dates, even if just in select cities. I'd trek up to Chicago again for this one.
kurtavaiguy

Yes it would be nice if the Zappas, Vai and others can treat us USA folks to some performances before they head off to Europe.

Is there some reason why Europe is now the center for these sorts of things?
disaxster

Ant711UK wrote:
disaxster wrote:got my London ticket! hey Tony, we will be sitting on the moon but it's a great GREAT event so I guess we can say: we were there!
:lol:
Thanks for grabbing me a ticket Maria. Not only do I get see Vai again next year but I get to sit next to Maria for the show too (do you really know what you've let yourself in for!?):D

Tony
:lol: yeah right, Italian swearing and screaming all the time! ROCK ON!
8)
disaxster

pauldlr wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I also have the ticket to LONDON!!!!!!!!
Royal Albert Hall :peace
Section: CIRCLE
Row: S2
Seat: 40
Who wants to come with me??????
:guitar God s(h)ave the Queen :headbang
guess who got seats 41 and 42 in circle S2 8) :lol:
hey Paul,
I think me and Tony are in Q something... cannot remember now.
IT WILL BE A BLAST! :lol:
Glorious

Holy crap! I desperately need help.I went to ticnet.se to look up for the tickets but I've figured out I can't pay,I've no credit card,so how can I get a ticket otherwise?Anyone in Sweden land a helping hand!
Seraphim

Glorious wrote:Holy crap! I desperately need help.I went to ticnet.se to look up for the tickets but I've figured out I can't pay,I've no credit card,so how can I get a ticket otherwise?Anyone in Sweden land a helping hand!
Hi Glorious;
The only way that I have to help you is sending my credit card number and is code!!! But I can't do that :cry:
Or make a trip to Sweden... 8)

If I living there I would help you, you bet I would do!!!
C'mon guys, help Glorious... please!!!
Serap :wink:
sonny sixshooter

You can book a ticket and then pay cash when you pick it up.
Glorious

Hi,folks,yesterday I emailed Ticnet service asking them for any other payment alternatives and they offered me to reserve the ticket by the phone and transfer money to their bank account and then they would mail the ticket to me for the fee equal to 200 SEK which is half of the ticket cost.Jesus!It makes it way too expensive.Is there anyone in Sweden who can order the ticket and mail it to me and I'd mail a money order to that person?
Glorious

sonny sixshooter wrote:You can book a ticket and then pay cash when you pick it up.
Hey,is it really possible for a person living outside Sweden?
sonny sixshooter

Honestly I don't know. Maybe someone from Sweden could help you out here?
Trendmonger

R1FSR wrote:Dweezil and Ahmet have publisized 3 months of rehearsals for Zappa Plays Zappa - Tour De Frank.

There initial setlist was of 75 songs.
This may have to be trimmed down to about 45.

The rehearsal scenario will be very much like a Frank tour except this tour has a core band that will most likely be part of the 3 month rehearsals and entire tour and guest artists such as Flo & Eddie, George Duke, Steve Vai & Terry Bozzio being part of shows as is possible.

Dweezil has allready confirmed my previous reported speculation as to the reasoning of having a core band that are not all ex-Zappa alumni.

I agree with the decision 100%.

While there most likely will be other special guests for various parts of this tour, and the follow up tour, I speculate that Warren Cuccurullo and others will be involved.

Warrren was the first guitarist that Frank had hired to perform his guitar parts.

Considering he has always been good friends with the Zappa family and that his recording career and performance style had always been admired by Frank I would assess a high probability factor (assess sounds too official lets just say high probability) to Warren being involved at some point in time.

I briefly went through the catalouge, some unreleased material and came up with a setlist of 100 songs.

these songs could be done in there entirety or as part of a medley. No specific order for inclusion is given. The numbering coresponds with general release within the catalouge.

I have made selections based on material, core lineup and speculative guest band members.

If anyone else has any suggestions or comments please reply.

1) Who Are The Brain Police
2) Call Any Vegetable
3) I'm So happy I Could Cry
4) Solitude
5) A Pound For A Brown On The Bus
6) King Kong
7) Cruising For Burgers
8) Peaches En Regalia
9) Theme From Burnt Weeny Sandwich
10) Directly From My Heart To You
11) Road Ladies
12) Chunga's Revenge
13) Sharleena
14) What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are
15) This Town Is A Sealed Tuna Sandwitch
16) The Sealed Tuna Bolero
17) She Painted Up Her Face
18) Shove It Right In
19) What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning
20) Magic Fingers
21) Strictly Genteel
22) Magdalena
22) Eat That Question
23) Montana
24) I'm The Slime
25) Dirty Love
26) Zomby Woof
27) Uncle Remus
28) Don't Eat The Yellow Snow Suite (Including Rollo)
29) Cosmik Debris
30) Pygmy Twylyte
31) Dummy Up
32) Village Of The Sun
33) Echidna's Arf (Of You)
34) Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?
35) Son Of Orange County
36) More Trouble Every Day
37) Inca Roads
38) Sofa No. 2
39) Advance Romance
40) Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy
41) Muffin Man
42) Black Napkins
43) The Torture Never Stops
44) Zoot Allures
45) Titties & Beer
46) The Black Page Drum Solo/Black Page #1
47) I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth
48) Punky's Whips
49) Revised Music For Guitar And Low-Budget Orchestra
50) Filthy Habits
51) Flambay
51) Spider Of Destiny
52) I Have Been In You
53) Flakes
54) I'm So Cute
55) City Of Tiny Lights
56) Wild Love - Yo Mama
57) Toad-O Line
58) Why Does It Hurt When I Pee
59) Outside Now
60) Watermelon In Easter Hay
61) Now You See It--Now You Don't
62) Easy Meat
63) five-five-FIVE
64) The Deathless Horsie
65) Theme From The 3rd Movement Of Sinister Footwear
66) Any Downers
67) Conehead
68) Jumbo Go Away
69) If Only She Woulda
70) I Come From Nowhere
71) Drowning Witch
72) Envelopes
73) Mõggio
74) Stevie's Spanking
75) Frogs With Dirty Little Lips
76) Sinister Footwear II
77) Stevie's Spanking
78) Night School
79) G-Spot Tornado
80) St. Etienne
81) Sexual Harassment In The Workplace
82) Things That Look Like Meat
83) Babbette
84) Tush Tush Tush
85) Approximate
86) Little Rubber Girl
87) Run Home Slow
88) German Lunch
89) Uncle Meat
90) Dog Breath Variations
91) Outrage At Valdez
92) Get Whitey
93) Put A Motor In Yourself
94) Amnerika
95) Wonderful Wino
96) Wonderful Tattoo!
97) Bavarian Sunset

Covers
98) Hitch Hike
99) Whipping Post
100) No Time For Loosers (Solo Over Queen Vamp)
R1FSR

I REALIZE THAT YOU WANT TO GIVE THE FORUM MEMBERS INFO BUT THIS WAS ONE OF MY TRENDMONGER POSTS FROM THE ZAPPA.COM NEWS GROUP. YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST USED A LINK AND MADE A PERSONAL NOTE> THIS MAKES PEOPLE THINK YOU WROTE THIS STUFF.

I suggest You Read This Article That I wrote which contains some additional info. As many know variosu tour plan changes have ben made and ot postponed. Enjoy The Livign Spirit Of Frank Zappa in Peace, Love & Harmony

VAULTMEISTER - NO TIME FOR LOSERS
Gary Titone.. Privacy Feature.. Jul 2005

Dedicated to Linda Anne Titone, born July 12, 2005.

http://www.cuccurullo.tv/articles/defau ... ews&id=192
Texter

Damn I forgot FZ's birthday yesterday...no wonder I was having a bit of an off day. And I can't afford E135 for a concert. Especially with the extra E40 on gas.
EyE

So go for the regular tickets they are €39,- each. That's what i'm gone do. btw the vip tickets at the HMH are not that special. They're balconyseats including fruits and drinks. That's all :wink:
R1FSR

R1FSR
I REALIZE THAT YOU WANT TO GIVE THE FORUM MEMBERS INFO BUT THIS WAS ONE OF MY TRENDMONGER POSTS FROM THE ZAPPA.COM NEWS GROUP. YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST USED A LINK AND MADE A PERSONAL NOTE> THIS MAKES PEOPLE THINK YOU WROTE THIS STUFF.

I suggest You Read This Article That I wrote which contains some additional info. As many know variosu tour plan changes have ben made and ot postponed. Enjoy The Livign Spirit Of Frank Zappa in Peace, Love & Harmony

hi there
id like to apologise for using the info that you wrote..i thought it was good enough to post on here for other to see..wich it is.
Maybe i should have used a link instead.it was no way intended to be used in a way to make others think i had wrote it .

No harm was intended and i realise the list of songs is speculation but what a awesome set list it would be .

R1FSR
Trendmonger

R1FSR wrote:R1FSR

hi there
id like to apologise for using the info that you wrote..i thought it was good enough to post on here for other to see..wich it is.
Maybe i should have used a link instead.it was no way intended to be used in a way to make others think i had wrote it .

No harm was intended and i realise the list of songs is speculation but what a awesome set list it would be .

R1FSR
R1FSR

I do not see any harm intended at all.

Whatever the outcome of ZPZ TDF is I am sure it will be the most spritual representation of Franks music in the last 12 + years.

Check out my The Living Spirit Of Frank threads here where I talk about Steve Vai's performance and corespondacne of "Ashes To Ashes" and Warren Cuccurullo & Terry Bozzio upcomming Playing In Tongues Project.

We can see how The Living Spirit of Frank Zappa has affected these musicians in a way that no other life force or universal energy ever could.