Steve's perfume?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
chris_lpp
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:14 am

werehere wrote:He use perfume?
If he use, which brand?

Anyone know? Or Mikey?
i hear he uses ''sprissy kinks''

he especially dowses himslef in it when he dresses in pink with a scarf and make-up.
chris_lpp
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:14 am

Big Bad Bill wrote:Well, backstage at Manchester I saw Steve rubbing himself down with a stick of GHS Fast Fret-the fragrance of a true guitarist! He then slid right along the stage at a rapid rate of knots smack bang into his Carvin stack. It looked painful.
AWWW hell yea!!! i saw him do that, it was narly to watch.........

one time he covered himself in CAHNEL no.7 ...hell yea not 6, 7!!!!

he pours it into the neck cavity and pickup pots etc so he can smell good AND play well.....

remember folks.....smelling good is gigging good
JasonStolarik
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:26 am

Steve Himself wrote:It's fascinating to me that there are people interested in the way I smell, innocent enough. So please indulge me as I reveal the secrets to my odipherous reflections.

Hmmm, Well, generally I do not use cologne on a day to day basis unless I'm going to be going someplace, which I try to avoid, or if I'm doing a gig. I guess it's a manly kind of action to shave and then slap some stinging elixir on your face. I dig the exhilarating effect of it. Also, when I go on stage I like the fresh feeling you get when wafting of an uplifting fragrance.

For my face (after a shave) I create a blend of two of my favorite concoctions. One is Chanel for men and the other is a Tommy Hilfiger mist. I do enjoy the smell of women's perfume but not as much when it's on me. Then I might use a little bit of a vanilla mist from The Body Shop on my neck. Makes you smell sort of like a cupcake.

But I think the majority of the splendor comes from this special paste like substance I found about 10 years ago in a very funky underground type shop of metaphysical books and such someplace in Lake Tahoe. They only had two tiny tins of the stuff and I have not been able to find it since. I swab a dab behind my ears and, voila! instant message board posting material.

But for those of you who are transfixed by my vaporous delights, I still have enough of this stuff for the next 10 years because it is so potent.

Well, there you have it. If I could only get my guitar solos to reek so mellifluously I would be in audio fragrant heaven.

Peace
s
:)

Sorry to correct you but "Odipherous" as you put it is really spelled "Odiferous"...Must have been a long night of playing to slip up like that...Mellifluously is just a magnificent word though...Thanks for sharing that with all of us!

Mellifluous \Mel*lif"lu*ous\, a. [L. mellifluus; mel, mellis,
honey (akin to Gr. ?, Goth. milip) + fluere to flow. See
Mildew, Fluent, and cf. Marmalade.]
Flowing as with honey; smooth; flowing sweetly or smoothly;
as, a mellifluous voice. -- Mel*lif"lu*ous*ly, adv.
jam-man
Member
Member
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:19 am

Steve Himself wrote:If I could only get my guitar solos to reek so mellifluously I would be in audio fragrant heaven.
Now you're just being modest! :wink:
Mr. Wiggles
Member
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:35 pm

JasonStolarik wrote:
Steve Himself wrote:It's fascinating to me that there are people interested in the way I smell, innocent enough. So please indulge me as I reveal the secrets to my odipherous reflections.

Hmmm, Well, generally I do not use cologne on a day to day basis unless I'm going to be going someplace, which I try to avoid, or if I'm doing a gig. I guess it's a manly kind of action to shave and then slap some stinging elixir on your face. I dig the exhilarating effect of it. Also, when I go on stage I like the fresh feeling you get when wafting of an uplifting fragrance.

For my face (after a shave) I create a blend of two of my favorite concoctions. One is Chanel for men and the other is a Tommy Hilfiger mist. I do enjoy the smell of women's perfume but not as much when it's on me. Then I might use a little bit of a vanilla mist from The Body Shop on my neck. Makes you smell sort of like a cupcake.

But I think the majority of the splendor comes from this special paste like substance I found about 10 years ago in a very funky underground type shop of metaphysical books and such someplace in Lake Tahoe. They only had two tiny tins of the stuff and I have not been able to find it since. I swab a dab behind my ears and, voila! instant message board posting material.

But for those of you who are transfixed by my vaporous delights, I still have enough of this stuff for the next 10 years because it is so potent.

Well, there you have it. If I could only get my guitar solos to reek so mellifluously I would be in audio fragrant heaven.

Peace
s
:)

Sorry to correct you but "Odipherous" as you put it is really spelled "Odiferous"...Must have been a long night of playing to slip up like that...Mellifluously is just a magnificent word though...Thanks for sharing that with all of us!

Mellifluous \Mel*lif"lu*ous\, a. [L. mellifluus; mel, mellis,
honey (akin to Gr. ?, Goth. milip) + fluere to flow. See
Mildew, Fluent, and cf. Marmalade.]
Flowing as with honey; smooth; flowing sweetly or smoothly;
as, a mellifluous voice. -- Mel*lif"lu*ous*ly, adv.
Dude.

You just corrected Steve.



BLASPHEMY! DOWN WITH THE HEARSAYER!

lol j/p :lol:
Tobacco Road
Member
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:25 pm

werehere wrote:He use perfume?
If he use, which brand?

Anyone know? Or Mikey?


Men don't use perfume, i beleive it's called cologne if im correct
maximus
Member
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:45 am

Yeah, people have said that a few times. Doesn't really matter to me. It's smelly misty stuff you put on you to smell good.

Steve smells like a cupcake? :D Well now I know.
Bennett
Member
Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:16 am

doesn't change his music..so..
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

Bennett wrote:doesn't change his music..so..
Actually it does :wink: Kidding :P
Dragonfly777
Member
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:47 pm

JasonStolarik wrote: Sorry to correct you but "Odipherous" as you put it is really spelled "Odiferous
:shock:
I just realized that Steve misspelled that word and was just about to distinguise the correction but I see you've already beat me too it!

Well this proves that Steve is only human.
Post Reply