Steve Receives Grammy Nomination for Lotus Feet!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vukvai

They finaly got it right.....
Well done Steve, it made my day. :wink:

P.S. What does "Crab it" mean...hehe
T bird

stratocastermaster wrote:seeing steve vai win would make me about the hap[piest kid in the world... that being said i semi doubt he will.... he deserves it 10000 times over everyone else but... he isnt as popular and thats all the grammys care about... but im having a grammy party and we will all root for little steveie vai
T bird

Rock On!
pauldlr

wielaert wrote:I'm really proud to point out that choosing "Lotus Feet" for this Grammy nomination, is choosing for the song that was in fact played by Steve Vai and the Metropole Orchestra conducted by Dick Bakker.

"Lotus Feet" was recorded during the project that is well-known by the members of this forum as "The Aching Hunger", produced by Co de Kloet from NPS Radio in the Netherlands. "Lotus Feet" was recorded in De Oosterpoort in Groningen. Some members of this forum were there when Steve played the song…

This nomination confirms that the recent artistic power of public radio in Holland is at an extremely high level. It proves that artistic collaborations of this unique kind may not only lead to crucial new stages in musician's careers, but also to recognition by their regarded colleagues.

And since Co is a colleague of mine, I would really like not only to congratulate Steve for this Grammy nomination, but to congratulate Co as well, and urge him to keep up his great work for NPS and Radio 4FM.

At this moment the Dutch NPS ('National Program Society') struggles for its survival, due to politics and extreme budget cuts.

For many reasons, I really hope the Grammy in this category will be Steve's.

Marc Wielaert, NPS Radio 4FM, The Netherlands
Couldn't agree more. Lets hope it wins and gives everyone involved the adoration they deserve.
Best of luck.
seeking 7

so very well deserved, a beautful work of art by Mr Vai. Congrats!!
miker

It would certainly be great to see Steve win... he sure would have my vote.

If he doesn't win... you know they'll give it to Les Paul... man, that's gonna be a little tough going up against Les... judges might start thinking about his lifetime achievements... his age... and let that have more sway over their vote than the song he's up for... unfortunately.

ah well... anything can happen really, so... think positive! right guys! Go Steve! If they just vote on the song... Steve's a shoe-in. yah.

Eric Johnson is up for his Favored Nations album too. Wouldn't it be awesome if they both won? I'ma have to watch the Grammys this year...
Fire Garden

:arrow:
Last edited by Fire Garden on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everdessen
Newcomer

With all the honey, gold and silver in my soul I'll pray
Leanne_777

Wooooo
cnc74

I still want to see him perform it at the Grammy's. That would be the highlight. Beautiful stuff. I can see everyone's faces now. :shock:
Peace :guitar
Magnifico

it's one of the most emotional pieces of music ever made in my opinion if it doesn't win alot of guitarists around the world will send the grammy dudes tape of the song "my guitar wants to kill your mama"
Rochus

Lotus Feet is one of the best instrumental rock preformances ever (imo) and it'd be shit if Steve didn't win it this time. WAP really deserved that grammy last time...
femalefan
Newcomer

wielaert wrote:"Lotus Feet" was recorded during the project that is well-known by the members of this forum as "The Aching Hunger", produced by Co de Kloet from NPS Radio in the Netherlands. "Lotus Feet" was recorded in De Oosterpoort in Groningen. Some members of this forum were there when Steve played the song…

This nomination confirms that the recent artistic power of public radio in Holland is at an extremely high level. It proves that artistic collaborations of this unique kind may not only lead to crucial new stages in musician's careers, but also to recognition by their regarded colleagues.

And since Co is a colleague of mine, I would really like not only to congratulate Steve for this Grammy nomination, but to congratulate Co as well, and urge him to keep up his great work for NPS and Radio 4FM.

At this moment the Dutch NPS ('National Program Society') struggles for its survival, due to politics and extreme budget cuts.

For many reasons, I really hope the Grammy in this category will be Steve's.

Marc Wielaert, NPS Radio 4FM, The Netherlands
Marc is completely right, the Grammy nomination is good news for Vai fans AND for fans of artistic music way off the mainstream. I was at the Aching Hunger premiere in Groningen, and it was the best, most beautiful and breathtaking musical experience in my life. I am very grateful that Co and NPS helped to make this happen. I hope the grammy nomination will help NPS in its struggle.
Also: congratulations to Steve Vai!!! I talked to him briefly after the concert in Groningen, and I could feel he was happy and even a bit relieved that his musical experiment was so well received by the fans. I had never seen so many people in black tour t-shirts and leather gear in a classical concert hall before. It was hard to predict how they would react to their rock-guitar-god coming out as a classical composer. Well, the crowd reacted most enthusiastic, and you could see how moved Steve Vai was by this.
What makes me most happy about the grammy nomination: Steve is acknowledged not only as the stunningly virtuoso guitar player he is, but also as a great composer. I do so hope he wins the grammy and - yeah, let's just dream for a while - performs the song with the Metropole Orchestra.
cnc74

Rochus wrote:Lotus Feet is one of the best instrumental rock preformances ever (imo) and it'd be shit if Steve didn't win it this time. WAP really deserved that grammy last time...
I agree. I damn near cried when Steve didn't win for WAP. :cry:
resha

I just saw the news and I'm sincerely happy!
A chance for the masses to know Steve's music 8)