Vai and Prince...when???

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
drummernowlin
Newcomer

I remember a long time ago hearing that Steve would love to record with Prince. (Anyone else heard this?) I was recently watching Prince Live at the Alladin and thought their styles would be very interesting together on a song or two.

So, who here thinks Steve and Prince should record together? Whatever they recorded, I'm sure STRONG and SMOOTH would sum up the song.
EyE

That would be so coooooooooooool!!! I would love to see that happen!!! :wink:
EddieVanHalenRocks

I heard Prince done a cover of Tender Surrender, anyone else know about this?
EyE

EddieVanHalenRocks wrote:I heard Prince done a cover of Tender Surrender, anyone else know about this?
Yeah, i've got it somewhere. Live at Pasley Park. :wink:
BSBoy

Could you send it to me please? Please, please,please? :)

dave@m4lam.freeserve.co.uk

:D
GreenMeanie

I believe if you do a search you will find the answer. I remember Mikey talking about Steve going to Prince's place and working or jamming. I believe Prince gave Steve a guitar too. Sorry my memory is poor on this but I do know it has been discussed.

Joanne
laficojr

IS that true Mikey?
GreenMeanie

Mikey wrote:It was a white Universe, not a Jem - it's actually the guitar that Steve used to record "For The Love Of God".

Steve and Prince have met on a number of occasions. As for what they talked about is for Steve to reveal. ;) Steve also visited Paisley Park and jammed with the New Power Generation.

A collaboration would be great - but I don't think anything is planned. But you never know!

Mikey :)
vai.com
Sorry I guess I got it backwards....Steve gave Prince a guitar

Joanne
resha

they could play some insane stuff together... and there'd be some freak dancing thing too 8) COOOOOOOOOL :D
badasstommyboy

resha wrote:they could play some insane stuff together... and there'd be some freak dancing thing too 8) COOOOOOOOOL :D
not with prince's bad hip, he's having it replaced
Adlais

This topic was my first question for Steve on our EVO Experience... (the first q of the whole occasion...sorry for the other two participants if I was too high driven by passion for the topic)...but I hope you too think it was thrilling to listen his opinions, stories, gestures etc. about other topics too, I wouldn't miss any second of it (stared at him with drilling eyes :shock: or that I felt inside - sorry for that Steve... lol :oops: )

....what was the topic again?... :) :wink:
xxxYNGWIExxx

Prince?
5thD

Steve told me he had sent Prince ten of his "Bad Horsie" wah wah pedals and that Prince had flipped out over it and his guitarist is now using one.

Steve also told me he gave Prince one of his very favotite Jems as a gift

We also talked about a all acoustic CD Prince released called "The Truth" that is just amazing, I am a huge prince fan by the way, that's why we starting talking about Prince
vaigod

Prince would be very cool. I have also spoke to Steve about that. Also another person I would love for him to work with would be Trent Reznor. Could you imagine all 3 of them in a room together??.. :)

~D
Adlais

Me and my brother are also huge Prince fams. I know here on this board are many topics where he is mentioned.
Use the search service - it takes a while to read them through but it's worth it.