12 Years Today

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
BSBoy

We lost one of the greatest musicians ever, Frank Zappa. Today, like every other day, I will be paying tribute by listening to his amazing albums 8) RIP Frank.
Seraphim

Hi BSBoy;
What a god topic!!!

We all miss him. :(
R.I.P.

Last chance to se him live :cry:
BSBoy

at least you got to see him live :cry:
williebee

Hey BSBoy, no doubt, we lost one of the masters that day. He stayed true to himself as an artist. That is one of the things that impressed me the most. During all the different musical trends that came and went you could always count on Frank not to go there, unless he was rippin it up to show what a load of crap it was. I had the honor of seeing him at The Palladium in NYC the night he filmed Baby Snakes, which was my first Zappa show. Caught a 1/2 dozen more of his shows after that and his last tour in '88. Always a great experience. As Frank always said "REGISTER TO VOTE" (He got my wife to register at one of his shows when he set up registration tables during the intermission) Thanks for all the great music Frank- RIP
Claus P

I agree with you folks - truly a sad date. I often wonder what kind of music (and comments not to forget) that Frank would give us to day if he still was a live. I followed his music and him from the early 70's until the end and I wouldn't be without it.
But let's see ahead: we have Steve who also combines the genius with a more friendly side, or should I say carisma.
Let's hope Frank has his coffee and smoke where ever he is right now.
greetings from Claus, Denmark
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

It's a lot of Zappa for me today. Immense talent, musical genius, one of the greatest composer/guitarists (among other cool things) ever, no doubt. Love the man & his music. Bit of a sad day today :( , but he's left behind a legacy of great music for us to enjoy, AND, he helped mold Steve Vai!!! :D