RS on the ultrazone cover?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Ant711UK

It should have R.C (Riddles & Conundrums) written on there.

Steve does this all of the time 8)
He could have just told us what it means but that wouldn've been any fun.
He knows we're all going straight to google the check out the meaning!

He's always giving us little clues as to what is going on in his world :lol:

Tony
R1FSR

Hi Steve
Thanks for solving another 'Vai' puzzle...wich begs another question
'why' Radha Soami...and who is Radha Soami ?
Last edited by R1FSR on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-yasi-

Why Radha Soami???
Is it a speical person,or what??

:D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

pauldlr wrote:
-yasi- wrote:Wow....thx Steve for your answer!!

Yeah,who or what is Radha Soami??

:wink:
Guru of Bees

http://www.sikh-heritage.co.uk/movement ... soamis.htm

Wonderful thing google, I guess this is the same fella as its bees!
It doesn't have anything to do with "bees". :) You mis-read. It's "beas".

Mikey :)
vai.com
R1FSR

Part of the Lyrics to 'Under it all'

Pray for fortunes
Pray for love
Or the highest
Radha Soami

Or do you see that all
Is always within us all?

Deeper, look deeper

Or is there just nothing
There at all?
Dragonfly777

From what I understand, Radha Soami isnt a person at all, It's a Philosophy, or perhapse it could be considered a Religion.
Radha Soami was founded by Baba Jaimal Singh Ji Maharaj in 1891 at a site called Dera Baba Jaimal Singh on the West bank of the River Beas in Northern India.
I think Mr. Vai is a follower of Radha Soami, hence his strict vegetarianism and non-alcholism, which are important parts of Radha Soami Satsang Beas (RSSB). Also, In Surat Shabd Yoga (sound current Yoga; union of the soul with the Divine sound) which is supported by Radha Soami, The practical aspect of awakening the Spirit within through the aid of the Master is essentially the repetition of the Holy Name 'Radha soami'. In essence, ‘Radha Soami’ means ‘lord of the soul’, and ‘satsang’ describes a group that seeks truth. In the under it all lyrics i think he is saying pray for Radha Soami or Ultimate truth, awarness, nirvana or whatever. And hes saying that the truth is always deep within ourselves we just need to find it.
8)
Peace love and good happiness stuff,
Mark
Dragonfly777

actually I when searching deeper into the vastness of the Internet, I just read somthing else that has some good info about Radha Soami that I think i should add to my previous attempt at an explination.

"Radha Soami or the Radha swami sant mat faith has followers among both Hindus and Sikhs. The sect was founded in 1861 by Shiva Dayal Saheb, who preached that human beings could perfect their highest capabilities and reach God realization only through listening to the shabad ('sound'), or nam (name), of the Lord. Radha soami means the union of the soul with God, the name of God, and the sound heard internally that emanates from God or 'Shabad'. Great importance is placed on the "congregation of truthful people", the satsang.
The Radha soami philosophy is also referred to as the Science of the Soul or 'Sant Mat', which means ‘teachings of the saints’. The technique adopted by the Radhasoami's is the tuning in to the inner current of light and sound by means of the third eye. The Radha Soami philosophy, based on the teachings of mystics from all religions, has had its headquarters at Dera Baba Jaimal Singh near the river Beas in northern India since 1891.

Radha Soami Satsang Beas (RSSB), with centres located worldwide, is a registered non-profit, charitable society, independent of any political or commercial affiliations. "
pauldlr

Mikey wrote:
pauldlr wrote:
-yasi- wrote:Wow....thx Steve for your answer!!

Yeah,who or what is Radha Soami??

:wink:
Guru of Bees

http://www.sikh-heritage.co.uk/movement ... soamis.htm

Wonderful thing google, I guess this is the same fella as its bees!
It doesn't have anything to do with "bees". :) You mis-read. It's "beas".

Mikey :)
vai.com
D'OHH! :oops:

(it should be bees though, sounds better :lol: )
cbr1000f

Some answers can be found in an interview Richard Hallebeek did with Steve. This interview has already been mentioned in other threads and it's really interesting (a must read for every fan):
http://www.richardhallebeek.com/interviews/vai.php
Richard has some other interesting interviews on his site and he really is an accomplished guitarplayer too. But first of all: Read the interview! ;-)
dreamongirl

klick the link from lydian2000 than you can read what´s the meaning is. and it´s interessting
RoMeRz

yeah !!!!

cooltobecool
Newcomer

Guys Radha Soami is the name of the Lord Almighty, the Supreme Being himself.
The name itself indicates his nature.
"Radha" means the Rays emitted by the Source "Soami".
The whole creation is based on the concept of Source and its Rays, Radha and Soami, just like our Sun.
Thus, the name "RADHA SOAMI".
This clearly indicates that the Lord Almighty himself resides in each and every thing in the creation no matter how minute or small it may be. He is Everywhere.
FireComa

Interesting.........I was under the impression that Steve never told anyone what his religion was.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Radha Soami isn't a religion, but a spiritual path. Steve chose to post it here, so obviously he wanted to answer the question at hand.

Mikey
vai.com
RAI

FireComa wrote:Interesting.........I was under the impression that Steve never told anyone what his religion was.
Most likely because people take it too seriously.
It's only last week (or so) since someone got their panties in a wad over a silly song title (you know the one, from "Flex-able Leftovers", :wink: ), and just couldn't grasp how Steve could possibly write something like that.
He's human, and does not sit on a pedestal.
If he started to talk religion, people would take it to heart, and then blame him for...whatever.

I am interested in Steve views on religion and spirituality.
When he talks, I'll listen, but some people take it too far.

8)