RS on the ultrazone cover?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
frostie

On the ultrazone cover, the back of the vai - robot - thing there are two letters RS, anyone know what these mean?
NelssoN

Ruta Sepetys??? :?: (His manager).
Naffis-kun

I've always been wondering about the same thing.
But Ruta Sepetys it is.
EyE

I remember reading an interview with Steve back when he was working on The Ultra Zone that the original title would have been "Where Wild Things Are". Than later on it turned into "The Ultra Zone". Does anyone remember that? :wink:
lydian7

frostie wrote:On the ultrazone cover, the back of the vai - robot - thing there are two letters RS, anyone know what these mean?
I had the back-cover of my Ultra Zone album signed by Steve and the Ultra Zone band members at that time, including Philip Bynoe. Phill actually commented about the 'R.S' on the back of the cover, and suggested that perhaps it was just written in sequence to the alphabet. After a few seconds though though he said to me 'No. knowing Steve, it wouldn't be that simple!'. :lol:
EyE wrote:I remember reading an interview with Steve back when he was working on The Ultra Zone that the original title would have been "Where Wild Things Are". Than later on it turned into "The Ultra Zone". Does anyone remember that? :wink:
I seem to remember him saying something about that. I also remember him saying that Ultra Zone was the concept for his stage play, which later turned out to be Real Illusions. Actually, is there any word as to whether Steve is following through with the whole stage play idea? He said he was going to do it in 2007, but that seems too soon to still be on the cards to me.

I remember hearing in his diaries about the inspiration he had whilst watching an epic, spanish carnival show (or something), and that he had a devine flash of inspiration that he was keeping under wraps. Perhaps this inspiration was the seeds for Real Illusions? I wander...
Steve Himself
VIP
VIP

Radha Soami
cnc74

Steve Himself wrote:Radha Soami
Thanks, Steve!
Christin :wink:
wanted_lefthanded jem

Steve Himself wrote:Radha Soami
thnx steve i have wondered about it keep on the good work u are the best 8) :D
zappahead

cool, i've been wondering for awhile. plus r.s. are my initials.
ernzzz

Steve Himself wrote:
Radha Soami
thank you Steve for your answers, and for sharing your time with us, in that great (your) board.. and what can i say.. thank you for your work, and passion given; for each one of that musical pieces that fill our heads and souls.. specially that 7th ones.. :P (and the ones that deserve to be!)

and for making the guitar an even cooler instrument! hehe

you are a source of inspiration to all us..

greetings from Barcelona! :D
klangmaster TM

Who is Radha Soami? :?:
-yasi-

Wow....thx Steve for your answer!!

Yeah,who or what is Radha Soami??

:wink:
klangmaster TM

Heh, yeah it's great seeing Steve answering our questions...all folks thanks for answer and they are not curious about who that person is (RS). I think, that many of users here looks not what is written, but by who. :roll:

Steve, for me You're greatest musicians above all, so don't take it offensive. I can write quite long about my life in relation "me-You and Your music", but it's not a palce to do so. ;)

Best regards,
klangmaster :)

P.S. Poor my english ;)
pauldlr

-yasi- wrote:Wow....thx Steve for your answer!!

Yeah,who or what is Radha Soami??

:wink:
Guru of Bees

http://www.sikh-heritage.co.uk/movement ... soamis.htm

Wonderful thing google, I guess this is the same fella as its bees!
lydian2000

always find extraordinary from steve to actually spend time reading these boards and even answering them, further proof of true generosity.

found this article on wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radha_Soami