Vai with Dev - Synchestra

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

#31 Post by s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:29 pm

cnc74 wrote:S&R is one of my favorite Vai discs. Well, they're all my favorites. Everytime I'm listening to S&R while driving, I tend to find myself speeding. :shock: It's a speeding ticket waiting to happen. :lol:
Christin
and when a cop pulls u over and says sir, you were speeding you can tell him:
well I got a ticket to ride you anytime I want to because IM ABUSIVE

heyheyhey!!

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#32 Post by Mikey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:31 pm

uh.. oookay...

:shock:

Mikey :)
vai.com

GreenMeanie

#33 Post by GreenMeanie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:35 pm

Mikey wrote:uh.. oookay...

:shock:

Mikey :)
vai.com
DITTO! :shock:

JO

cnc74

#34 Post by cnc74 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Whoa! :shock: Double ditto on that one. :wink:

Ekim

#35 Post by Ekim » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:03 pm

... and he says this product will say this many products in this demographical area...

...the pelicans.....

Vegas_Blues

#36 Post by Vegas_Blues » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:03 pm

....you have the personality of a traffic accident.....

Prezidentman

#37 Post by Prezidentman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:46 pm

This thread is officialy bankrupt...

Naffis-kun

#38 Post by Naffis-kun » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:32 am

Triumph gives me a cozy feeling :).
It's as if I was listening to a Vai song..

Petie

#39 Post by Petie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:03 am

Mikey wrote:Sorry - don't mean to tease at all. Just alerting you to something you'll want to check out when it's released.

Personally, I find this solo to be one of Steve's best.
Now I finally know what you're talking about! Steve makes some really interesting, out-there note choices on this solo. I love that first, sustained note leading into that section. It's like, "Steve's here now." :D Fantastic song too, regardless of the solo.

davester1234

#40 Post by davester1234 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:04 am

I'm looking forward to the new Dev.

Its still hard to imagine that some Vai fans don't like Sex and Religion. It has to be one of the coolest records ever made. He DESTROYS the guitar every time he lays a finger on it (and that's a good thing).

Some of those riffs man, whao....I wish I had come up with them.

Virulent

#41 Post by Virulent » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Woah! Just got this album. It's amazing! Dev delivers again in spades. And Steve's solo is otherworldly - but it just icing on an already moist delicious cake.

If you haven't got this album yet go out and get it!

Samuele

Synchestra

#42 Post by Samuele » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:41 am

I got the european CD+DVD version a few days ago. I tell you it's a beautiful record... beautiful. It's very subtle, dense, sometimes extremely heavy and overall different from the past records Devin worked on. And even though RI is my favorite project ever, I enjoy SAR from head to toe. I love Devin's singing, he has such a wide range of tonal capabilities - besides writing exceptionally great music.
Steve's solo on Triumph is "unconjurable by written or unwritten language". It sounds like he used FLO and his Pandora like he did with Feathers, but he might well have used the G-Force or the DSP4000 all the same. And although you can hear it's a totally Vai solo, it's still so fresh and original and unexpected. It's incredible to think that he recorded that while on tour - with all the things that can prevent you to focus on the creative moment (I think Steve's the one who has to care for most things while on tour, right?). Congratulations, Steve.

PS: Mikey, I see why you got so surprised by that phrase towards the end of the solo. I too was. :)
Last edited by Samuele on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prezidentman

Re: Synchestra

#43 Post by Prezidentman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:36 am

Samuele wrote: It's incredible to think that he recorded that while on tour - with all the things that can prevent you to focus on the creative moment
Exactly what I was thinking! That's what's really amazing to me.

resha

#44 Post by resha » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:29 am

Proview wrote:I think Sex & Religion is Vai's worst album by far. Mostly because Townsend sang in it :cry:
When I listened it for the first time I had the same feeling, but then -after lots & lots of listenings- I really love its atmosphere :wink:

EDIT:
About Triumph collaboration... well I think the editing-post production work is awesome, everything sounds clear and the song is like a little painting to me, wiht different sets changing constantly. I love the two guys together, they can build insane stuff up :P

lydian7

#45 Post by lydian7 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:59 am

resha wrote: About Triumph collaboration... well I think the editing-post production work is awesome, everything sounds clear and the song is like a little painting to me, wiht different sets changing constantly.
I feel exactly the same way about Triumph. I love the way the distorted guitars seem to build a huge wave of sound, with the melodic vocal work soaring above triumphantly. It's so refreshing to hear bands producing music to this standard, and pushing the boundaries of guitar production. :)

I love Synchestra, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone! An album you need in your collection. A modern classic.