Slightly Underrated/overlooked/not talked about Vai song

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
stratocastermaster

sisters... frank... call it sleep
GrazZ

i'll go with Lucky Charms as well, i love that song
Instrumentalrockrocks

Real_Confusions wrote:"Tribute to Real_Confusions" is a good one.

Wait that wasn't Vai...

...it was Satch.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:
lmao

You're so crazy funny R_C

Shred On :guitar
mental speedin

giant balls of gold, sisters, touching tongues and windows to the soul
John

Mikey wrote:Essence... and Love Secrets.
I wholeheartedly agree. Also Oooo, Touching Tongues, Brandos Costumes, Melissa's Garden, Boston Rain Melody, I Know You're Here, etc.
ernzzz

call it sleep... christmas time is here...
litlgrnman

The Boy from Seattle!! Also Sisters, Love Secrets, Call It Sleep, and Rescue Me Or Bury Me
deep field

GOD BLESS VIDEO!!!!!!

I have a saved game in Vice City with that song cued up, and I used to load and reload that file so as to listen to that song over and over again. And over again. For most Vai fans, GBV is not on their radar, but gawdamn, it grabbed hold of me. I love that song. I worship that song. It rules. I love the riff. I love the solo. I love the whole thing. I wish Steve would play it live one of these days, just for the hellavit. That would be feckin awesome.

Oh and "YaiYai" is much better than people give it credit for. I kinda think it would be cool if he had snuck an un-yaiyai'ed guitar feed on one of the channels, buried way low in the mix so people could more easily appreciate the melody and geetar work. I still dig that song, very calming and dare I use that word- spiritual.

Just my humble opinion....on an internet message board.
wireman24

Babushka
I love the song Babushka. Actually the entire alive in an ultra world project is a little over looked if you ask me. I think it is Vai's best work along with the aching hunger project. If I was stranded on an island and could only have one cd it would be Alive In An Ultra World.
John

ernzzz wrote:christmas time is here...
Oh yeah that one also...
Js1000

maple leafs, selfless love, brandos costumes (i really love his acoustic songs :D )

and i like Yaiyai alot too, i think it's a very calming and charming little song

and asian sky too
resha

wireman24 wrote:Babushka
I love the song Babushka. Actually the entire alive in an ultra world project is a little over looked if you ask me. I think it is Vai's best work along with the aching hunger project. If I was stranded on an island and could only have one cd it would be Alive In An Ultra World.
I totally agree, totally 8)
Gandalph915
Newcomer

kill the guy with the ball, fever dream, the silent within[ solo, solo !]