Steve Vai European Tour Setlist.

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Gary2005

Hey guys, just thought i'd create this for a little talk about what we'd like to see in the tour, what we wouldnt like to see and what we'd like to be added / removed from the USA setlist.

I'll go first, i'd like to see Die To Live and Tender Surrender. :)
Maybe the acoustic set could be dropped, though i would love to see it, BUT, with the song in their entirity. To me if i was to see the intro to Sisters, i'd be gutted that i couldnt hear the rest of the song hehe.

Lots of Merchandise! :D
Leanne_777

Dang, I thought someone knew what the setlist was :)

I'd love to hear the whole of Fire Garden bit I think that might be asking a bit much!!

I hope he plays Glorious and Firewall and Building the Church from Real Illusions. I'm trying to think of what I'd like to hear from the other albums but I'm getting too excited, I might have to go and have a lie down.
Gary2005

Hahah yeah, well if the american set list is anything to go by, then he'll be playing all that you asked for ;) apart from fire garden suite :( lol
Leanne_777

It's probably for the best that he doesn't play Fire Garden Suite. I'd just explode right there and it would be an awful mess. Something like that, it would be too much for me. Did he play I'm The Hell Out of Here? Or Shyboy (I would love to hear that again!!!!!) Or Blue Powder?

I'm getting over excited again! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang
cnc74

He played I'm the hell outta here. No shyboy or Blue Powder. I want to hear Blue Powder so bad. We should beg him at EVO.
He played Glorious, The Church.... I hope he plays Firewall this time around. I also hope he keeps Love Blood in the setlist. It's such a great song to hear live.
Leanne_777

I think Whispering A Prayer was the most amazing song to hear live. He played it before Alive in an Ultra world was released (I'm in one of the pictures in the booklet thing) I'll never forget it.

I'd like to hear Answers too. And anything from Sex and Religion.

Why is October so far away???????? :(
cnc74

Whispering A Prayer continues to give me chills. I can't wait to hear it in Ireland. How perfect.
He played Answers at my show. As for Sex And Religion, he played Rescue me or bury me in the acoustic set. It sounded great.
Just think: June is almost over. We will be seeing Steve before you know it. What an exciting build up.
Andelusion

Well he's definately go to play Building The Church as long as i see that i'll be happy.

I'd also like to see Love Blood 8) and The Riddle. Oh and The Silent Within.

Oh and All About Eve.
DTW

Yea, some real illusions tracks including church.
And I'd really love to hear the riddle, tender surrender and touching tongues.
Aaand WAP is always welcome.
Geez, already too much :P
resha

The Riddle :headbang
resha

Andelusion wrote:I'd also like to see Love Blood 8)
In the Usa setlist it was perfomed :wink:
Andelusion wrote:The Riddle
As my previous post says : :headbang
Andelusion wrote:Oh and All About Eve
it would be sooo great... :D

we share the same taste dude!
Rochus

I just HOPE he plays Tender Surrender and maybe one or two Hendrix songs :D That would be great
Lande
Newcomer

I would've loved it if Steve did Boston Rain Melody and All About Eve this time.. And of course Windows To Your Soul.. :)
treeduck

You know what...I'd like to see him do a full version of Little Green Men, with special effects space ship, aliens and Munchkin backing vocals...
treeduck

...and follow that up with a full version of Lucky Charms...with special effects, spaceship, aliens and munchkin vocals...