Steve Vai tour Finland: Tavastia/Nosturi 18+

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Naffis-kun

I read the newest tour dates page and it said:
Helsinki, Finland Nosturi / Tavastia

I was just wondering... Does that mean that Steve will either perform at Nosturi or at Tavastia?
Lmao.
He can't play at the Tavastia Club. People under the age of 18 can't enter the club. It would piss me off greatly if I missed the show just because I'm not 18 yet.
What's the point?
A lot of youngsters want to see him play live. In fact most of his fans that I know are 15-17 or so.

Lol I just hope he will play at Nosturi.

Edit: Ok I just heard that Nosturi is also a pub for adults. This sucks. I've been waiting for Steve for several years and now I can't see him play because I'm not 18 yet. Damn you.
Wempukkah

Really? This can't be true. The one and only chance to see Vai an I can't get in. What a shame. :?

EDIT: I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF :CCCCCCCCCC
Naffis-kun

Yeah! I knew someone would agree with me.

Just WHY can't he perform at the Helsinki Icehall where G3 2004 was held, too?!
http://www.helsinginjaahalli.fi/
There. That's the place.

WHY would Steve want to play at some "adults only" club?
Answers, please.
Massacre

Naf, you'll be 18 soon enough man. This happen to me one time when I wanted to see Malmsteen. I was 18 at the time but you had to be 21. So give it time man.
Naffis-kun

Yeah..
But God knows when Steve will come to Finland the next time.. I have to wait like 10 more years. And by then he's so old that he can't gig anymore.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Naf,

I feel your pain. But it's really not in Steves control. That's not how it works. It's also not his decision to make it 18+.

Basically, when a tour is launched, the local promoters in a country (guys who invite artists to play, in order to fill concert halls), need him to play a certain venue.

Then, depening on things like local alcohol laws or just the policy of the venue itself, a they may need to be 18+.

As has been posted many a times, Steve certainly prefers all ages, because he recognices that he has fans of all ages. Sometimes though, it just doesn't work out that way. I know that means shit to you if you can't attend the gig because of this, but I would just like to make sure you at least blame the right folks for it :)
The only thing you could try is call the venue, and see if their 18+ policy is in effect for this particular concert (and if it is, complain like hell). ;)
jemgirl

this really sucks!
i think everybody should see steve play a gig.
they should stop that 18+ crap.
so no alcohol. the concerthall owners should know that,and do that.
i feel sorry for you naf.

patricia
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It hasn't been confirmed which venue Steve will be playing yet.

And while it's easy to say what Jemgirl is saying above, in reality it's more complex than that. Many venues make money from bar sales and take a hit if the show is all ages.

Mikey
vai.com
jemgirl

i agree mikey, but why alcohol?why not cola or others?
shure venues must make money,but aren`t there other possibility`s?
oh well, naf i hope the next time steve is in finland you get the ticket without the 18+.
patricia :wink:
sisterinlaw

Guess because the venue (you know what a venue is now :roll: ) earn a lot on beer & other alcoholics.

I agree beer is not necesarry to have fun.

Hope Naffis can attend the concert.....

8)
Snow

But we finns drink a lot of beer :lol: so I think they won't make the event to be alcohol free.

Sorry bro. :cry:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Uh.. doesn't anybody read any more?

THE VENUE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET - SO I CAN"T SAY WHETHER IT WILL BE 18+ OR ALL AGES. WHEN I KNOW I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Jeez.. :roll:

Mikey
vai.com
Naffis-kun

Ok thanks guys.
I know that this 18+ thing is not the artist's fault..
THE VENUE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET
I know.. but both Tavastia and Nosturi are for adults ;P.
So it really doesn't matter which one he's going to perform at.
But.. sometimes they let kids in Nosturi, too. Let's just wait for the venue to be confirmed (even though it's all the same to you guys cause you're grown-ups :) ).
pace520
Newcomer

Helsinki concert venue has been changed to: To Be Announced. So hopefully, the concert won't be at Tavastia/Nosturi at all. Maybe at the House Of Culture (Kulttuuritalo)?
Naffis-kun

YAY! Let's keep our fingers crossed :).