You're Here lyrics

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
davidparis

I no this song is found in G3 .... but is it part of another studio album?
Angelicosis

the song is one of the finest tunes, I agree, and I remember reading in some interview that the song was composed especially for that G3 tour (Steve's words), so probably is not recorded anywhere else

all the best,
Angelika
cbr1000f

RhythMan wrote:Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has or could link me up to a site that has the lyrics for You're Here. I have the G3 dvd and cd, of which this song is on there, but I can't find the lyrics for it. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.

Mike B.
I Know You're Here lyrics
You're in my head
I pray for your voice every time I slip away
Though I don't understand
The reason I'm grounded here in eternity
Help me to save myself
Surrender to your grace

Take me right where I stand
You know that I know you're here

http://www.lyricsspot.com/steve+vai-i+k ... 22831.html
V41

Why do people have so much trouble figuring out what songs like this one are about?
smiffy

The song is truly great. Does anybody know if there is a chance that it will be released in a studioversion...for example on the next Real Illusions?
Jet444

Yeah, I love this song tons! It was the first ever Vai song I'd heard. I didn't even know what instrumental guitar WAS and I was listening to it like, "What the Hell! Who IS this guy!" :lol:
Needless to say, I've never looked back! :D
Jet
V41

It seems like it could fit into the Real Illusions storyline. It's supposedly a letter someone's writing to God, I heard that somewhere a while ago. But who knows. I'd like a studio version with the extended intro from G3 in Denver.
Splish

V41 wrote:It seems like it could fit into the Real Illusions storyline. It's supposedly a letter someone's writing to God, I heard that somewhere a while ago. But who knows. I'd like a studio version with the extended intro from G3 in Denver.
That's a very good point.. I doubt it would happen, but i'd would love to hear a studio version of I Know Your Here... I personally love the instrumental before the lyrics come in, but when coupled together, i do consider it to be one of Vai's best compositions :)

Splish
lydian2000

same here, I also think its one of its best compositions, and especially from a strict musicality point of view IMO.
fineweather

deleted by fineweather
Last edited by fineweather on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zappahead

awesome song!!
junko

Where is Steve's answer? :shock:
lydian2000

junko wrote:Where is Steve's answer? :shock:
-yasi- wrote:
why did stev e delet his post?

not only Steve'sposts but mine and a few on this page disappeared too...what the
hell is that all about????? :shock: :shock:

his number of posts suddenly went back to 60...did anyone steal his VIP identity Mikey? why the sudden delete?

I don't think any vital information about this song was released....is it a legal matter over lyrics publishing rights?

Mikey or Jeroen... could we have some kind of explanation?

What was wrong with his posts?

:shock: :shock:
fineweather

What happened? :shock:

Hmmmm... :(
leigh01

^ it's happened here too??????? :shock: