Steve Vai European Tour: Dates - UPDATED 10/17!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
shacks

zappadons wrote:Can someone clear this up?

Can ANYONE buy normal tickets from Monday at 9AM? Or do you have do be a member of something?

Is it only that getlive site that is selling them from Monday at 9?

If you register with the website now (name/email etc) from the orange link at the top right of the page that will allow you to access the pre-sale tmrw at 9am. The pre-sale is open to everyone that registers...

http://www.getlive.co.uk/mygetlive/register.aspx

Cheers
shacks
zappadons

Thanks shacks.

Couple more things - will pre sale tickets cost any more than they will when pre sales finish??

Are they limited to a certain number? 5 of us are going.
shacks

zappadons wrote:Thanks shacks.

Couple more things - will pre sale tickets cost any more than they will when pre sales finish??

Are they limited to a certain number? 5 of us are going.
Sorry matey I cant help you with that one, Mikey is the man for that. Although I would think the pre-sale/normal sale will be the same price. Mikey did say the standard ticks will be around £30.00.

Good Luck tmrw!
shacks
Bono

Although I'm not sure, I doubt the pre-sale tickets would cost anymore than normal tickets...whether there is a limit on them is anyones guess though. I'm willing to bet there would be a limit though (usually it's limited to 4 or 8 or somthing like that). Fingers crossed :)
Cleggy

Can't find the Vai listings on www.getlive.co.uk. They were up yesterday so they had better be there again tommorow at 9am. Anyone else with this problem or is it just me?
jamtheguitarman

steve vai isnt listed on that site at the moment. will he be listed on monday , im assuming?
Cleggy

Well they were all up there yesterday. Oh well, i'll just wait til tomo. Not much i can do with it now anyway.
jamtheguitarman

if you use the link on the first page he came up.
Cleggy

And so it does. Cheers.
Roll on 9am.
stu_hig

I belive it's only getlive thats doing that and they will go on sale everywhere on 30th June I think.
Jonesy038

sonny sixshooter wrote:
Jonesy038 wrote:Mikey said on the last page that there won't be an aftershow pass competition. So it's Evo or nothing. Most disappointing.
Oh, I hadn't seen that... you're right, that stinks. I really think the aftershow thing was a nice gesture.
Yeah.... I feel pretty strongly about this. Steve is renowned amongst his fans as being a man of integrity, so I am very disappointed at such a divisive system. The biggest Steve Vai nut(s) may well miss out on meeting the great man because their sums don't add up. It's a great shame.
Big Bad Bill

But the aftershow pass competition was a random chance to meet Steve-a lottery. On top of that at some shows it was great experience, at others Steve was tired or didn't have any time and had to cut things very short.

The EVO experience means you get quality time with Steve-guaranteed-plus sound checks, Q&A session, various bits and pieces like CDs laminates etc. Yes, it costs-£124 over here in the UK, but we knew this was going to be the system a long tiime ago and if we put £5 away each week (equivalent to a packet of cigarettes, three bars of chocolate, a couple of pints of beer) we would have that sum in about 6 months!

It seems to me, this system seems to be a better one-especially after hearing what our cousins over the pond say about it. But I won't be able to give a definitive opinion unitl I have got a ticket in my grubby little hands and experienced it in September!
a_daft_punk

Hey I can't find Vai on getlive, anyone else got this trouble?

Cheers
joe
NoAngel

a_daft_punk wrote:Hey I can't find Vai on getlive, anyone else got this trouble?

Cheers
joe
Have you tried clicking on the link in Mikey's post at the start of the thread? Or the link in the newsletter email? They both work for me.
Bono

I think the main reason the aftershow passes have stopped is because some people were bitching about not winning in the US leg and accusing people of cheating etc...considering this is something that Mikey & the mods and Steve himself set up out of sheer kindness towards the fans, I wasn't suprised that they stopped this. I think Mikey said that the US leg of the tour would be the last time they would do the aftershow passes. I must admit I'm a bit gutted myself as I would have loved a chance to win one, but I can't help but feel I probably would have done the same thing if I were Mikey.