Steve Vai European Tour: Dates - UPDATED 10/17!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

adamhimself02 wrote:ive never been to a steve vai concert cos im only 16 and im still at skool and i duno if EVO experience is worth it. i duno. i was gunna buy it then i read on and found out u cant bring any cameras or anything. thats like against human rites! no happy memories if i aint got my camera/
Maybe you didn't read correctly. It states that you may not bring video cameras or audio recording devices, but we do allow small digital and disposable cameras - though this is usually subject to venue policy. On the US tour, everyone who came to the EVO Experience brought cameras, however at some shows they were only allowed to use them during EVO and not the show. We don't mind people bringing small cameras to shows. The happy memories you'll get from the EVO Experience can't quite be captured from a few photographs anyway. You'll need to rely on your brain for the best memories.

Mikey :)
vai.com
shacks

Does the EVO ticket guarantee a better seat over someone who buys a regular ticket in the pre-sale on Monday?

Oh yeah and how much are the regular tickets?

Cheers :D
shacks
Last edited by shacks on Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

adamhimself02 wrote:oh yea and it looks like everyone is gunna get EVO that sux cos i thought it was limited and it seems like theres 200 going. that sux i really wanted to see steve and meet him. but it wouldnt work with all the ppl and bombardment of questions.
Once again it appears that you're not reading the information we have provided about the EVO Premium Experience package. There are only 30 EVO tickets available at every show. We won't sell any more than that even if demand is really high. Once the 30 are sold for each show, no more are available.

30 is a good number because it's a small group and allows everyone a chance to ask a question if they wish. It also allows enough time for people to get a picture taken with Steve and get an autograph or two.

If you'd like to read about some people's experiences during EVO, just check out any of the review threads from the US Tour.

vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Ant711UK wrote:Mikey...... how does it work on the UK tour?

Can I buy an Evo for myself AND someone else ie: My son or a friend?

If I do buy for someone else will I have to state the name of the person?

If I buy two regular tickets and two Evo's, can I still sit with my group if I go for the Evo or do I have sit in a pre arranged seat?

Basically I want to attend the Evo experience with 'a.n other' but I want to watch the gig with my usual mad Vai devotee friends.

Decisions decisions??

Tony
Hi there,

Sure - you can buy an EVO ticket for you and a friend (or two). If you have purchased the tickets, you will need to provide the ID to collect them. You don't need to state the name of your guest when you purchase the tickets. When you arrive at the venue on the afternoon of the show, your name will be on out EVO list, along with a +1 or +2 etc showing your number of guests.

If you purchase and EVO ticket and your friends have regular tickets, there is no guarantee that you will be able to sit together. Our EVO tickets come from a different ticket hold to the pre-sale tickets. we are only selling EVOs, not regular tickets.

Hope this makes sense,

vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

shacks wrote:Does the EVO ticket guarantee a better seat over someone who buys a regular ticket in the pre-sale on Monday?

Oh yeah and how much are the regular tickets?

Cheers :D
shacks
The tickets the venues are reserving for EVO are, accoring to them some of the best seats available. As the promoter handles ticket sales, we are not privvy to how they divide up their seat allocations. They will give us a chunk of seats from what they define as their premium seating area, and the rest will be available to the general public.

This is how things work for seated venues.

For general admission venues, EVO ticketholders will get to select where they want to stand. For some people the "best spot" might be right up against the front of the stage. For others, it might be next to the mixing board. As they will receive early or first admission into the venues, they will be able to stake out the best positions available for them.

I believe the regular tickets are around £30 or so.

Peace,

vai.com
smeghead
Newcomer

thanks for clearing that up Mikey. so we can definitely book 2 evo tickets? (assuming we're lucky enough to get in there quick enough to book them)
any idea how much we'll pay other than the evo ticket price itself? i mean, how much do you think the booking fee will be? this may sound silly, but i only have so much funds on my card and it's looking like it'll be a close call as to whether i can afford it or not!
the worst case scenario is that i have to settle for JUST seeing the show. haha, if that's the worst that can happen then life's gonna be pretty damn good come october...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hi there,

Yep - you can buy two EVO tickets. As we did with our US EVO tickets, people can buy a maximum of 4.

I think booking fees will be around $13-$15 US dollars.

Best regards,

vai.com
shacks

Thanks for the quick response. Its def one EVO on Monday for me and I am working on others! :headbang

Cheers
shacks
smeghead
Newcomer

thanks for the reply! now i'm all set, i just can't wait to find out if i get an evo ticket or not. thanks again for the information Mikey!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Guys,

Please post and other questions regarding EVO here:

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8683

Thanks,

vai.com
sonny sixshooter

Jonesy038 wrote:I don't think I'm going for EVO. I'd love to have the experience, but I'm not a fan of platinum ticket things. I think they ought to be done as a competition like Satch does with his aftershows. I dare say a lot of Steve's biggest fans can't afford that kind of money, even as a one-off, and it's a real shame.

The Nottingham gig should be great though. I'll be on there 9am monday hoping to get front row!!
I agree on the aftershow competition, but Steve does that as well. The EVO, as far aas I know is a bonus thingy,and I do believe Joe does the same, only at a higher price.
Bono

Thanks for all that info Mikey...I was about to post a few questions of my own but as usual, the pillar of wisdom strikes again lol. Thanks for clearing it up :)
Jonesy038

sonny sixshooter wrote:
Jonesy038 wrote:I don't think I'm going for EVO. I'd love to have the experience, but I'm not a fan of platinum ticket things. I think they ought to be done as a competition like Satch does with his aftershows. I dare say a lot of Steve's biggest fans can't afford that kind of money, even as a one-off, and it's a real shame.

The Nottingham gig should be great though. I'll be on there 9am monday hoping to get front row!!
I agree on the aftershow competition, but Steve does that as well. The EVO, as far aas I know is a bonus thingy,and I do believe Joe does the same, only at a higher price.
Joe does indeed do platinum tickets yeah.......

Mikey said on the last page that there won't be an aftershow pass competition. So it's Evo or nothing. Most disappointing. I'd have thought that someone like Steve, more than anyone, would've been keen that it was not divisive and that your chance of meeting him didn't depend on your ability to pay......... I can afford it but I won't be doing it as it goes against what I believe. However I do hope that all those who go for it have a great time.

In the meantime I'm going to be poised tomorrow morning to get as near the front at Nottingham as possible!! I guess with all-seater events they sell the seats from the front of each block first so the earlier you get in the nearer the front?
sonny sixshooter

Jonesy038 wrote:Mikey said on the last page that there won't be an aftershow pass competition. So it's Evo or nothing. Most disappointing.
Oh, I hadn't seen that... you're right, that stinks. I really think the aftershow thing was a nice gesture.
zappadons

Can someone clear this up?

Can ANYONE buy normal tickets from Monday at 9AM? Or do you have do be a member of something?

Is it only that getlive site that is selling them from Monday at 9?