The Next Tour - You Tell Us...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bono

FloydianRuler wrote:One song that he does not seem to play anymore. Tender Surrender.
Oooh yeah...
LozMan

If Steve comes to Northern Ireland to play, I will be happy. Lets hear more of his fabulous voice too! :D
Guitars Rock!!

If Steve comes to Denmark, I would be happy :lol:

Everything else has been said.

My favorite reply is if, for maybe 20 min. or so invited a guest guitarplayer on stage. I mean someone professionel and not unknown!!
RM

Gary2005 wrote:hmm, in all honesty i'd love to get onstage and jam with steve over something...little wing, my guitar wants to kill your momma, loads of very jam-tastic songs!, and he could do a competition for each venue, and the lucky winner/s would get to meet up with steve for soundcheck, and go over a rough jam with him so that everyones cool and know whats happening exactly, does that sound like a good idea or what? :)
In soundcheck by all means but not in the actual stage...we all go to these shows to see Steve and a great band do there stuff...

There is nothing that will interrupt the flow of the show more than an audience member getting up on stage and embarrasing themselves
saxaxe

Mikey wrote:
  • He would like to know how you feel about high energy songs compared to ballads;
  • Would you like to hear more vocal songs? Less vocal songs?
  • Is the concert too long, usually it's way over 2 hours?
  • What songs would you like to hear?
  • Is there enough merch and what would you like to have made available.
He is also looking for interesting ideas that include audience participation to be included in the show.
1. More high energy than ballads, but not too many more.
2. I'd love to hear more vocal songs. Steve is a great singer.
3. The longer, the better.
4. I'd love to hear Tender Surrender, Frank, sisters!!, Genocide, Little Wing(I love his version of this song), I know you're here, Get the Hell outta here, Whispering a Prayer, Fuck Yourself :mrgreen: , and I'd love to hear him do Salamanders in the Sun live.
5. I've never been to one of his shows before, so I can'ts say...but his next show, if he comes near Salisbury, MD (hint, hint :wink: ) I will be going. Along with alot of other peopel I know. Please at least go to DC or Baltimore.

PS. I also think It'd be cool if he staged the crossroads duel with Dave or Tony.
eledance

[quote="Fabe"]Oh, I forgot: Why not do a poll to vote for a setlist like Satriani did last tour?

Who the fuck is Satriani
erickvai
Newcomer

HI, im form cancun mexico and i have only seen vai one time on the g3 2002 tour cause its expensive to go to mexico city from cancun but its worth it, im going again this nov for the g3 2004, but he should come alone, i mean just a steve vai tour, i have almost every dvd and i think his show is great and i just wanted to know if hes doing anything before the concert in mexico city, i mean autographs or something im arriving to the city 2 days before the concert and i would really love to see him and if his giving autographs would be great!!!! and ballads rock cause i sense a lot of soul playing and that is what makes him si spectacular i think any way thanks and please come to mexico frequently!!!!!!!

THe late thing is that i could'nt sing for the after show and im traveling a25 hours for the concert :cry:
VRock
Newcomer

Well... i started to know about this great and madness man called Steve Vai in the Crossroads movie! When i saw that for the first time i thinked: "This is my future" i will be a great rock and roll guitar player! So all that im asking its to put something like that DUEL in some part of the show and play Eugene`s Trick Bag, if he did that all the Hall of the Show will burn! =)

But... i dont have what say... The Steve`s Show its only PERFECT, the man its very, very a alien. Only to see Steve playing his perfect and sweet songs its a victory!
Snow

1. Would you like to hear more vocal songs? Less vocal songs?
2. Is the concert too long, usually it's way over 2 hours?
3. What songs would you like to hear?
4. Is there enough merch and what would you like to have made available.

Answers:
1. Would like to hear more vocal songs, especially Boy & Girl song and In my dreams with you.

2. Well I think like as all the others on this forum say. A Steve Vai concert can never be too long.

3. Well look at answer 1.

4. As previously requested, a hat would be nice. And maybe some stickeres.
V41

Mikey wrote:
  • He would like to know how you feel about high energy songs compared to ballads;
Gotta' have about half and half. Maybe energy songs to start and ballads later in the evening, makes things romantic. (In the classical sense of the term).
Mikey wrote:
  • Would you like to hear more vocal songs? Less vocal songs?
More vocal songs--I love when Steve sings! Maybe he could have some backup vocals from Billy or Dave or Tony?
Mikey wrote:
  • Is the concert too long, usually it's way over 2 hours?
No. No concert is too long. Everyone goes to see the Steve Vai band and Steve, we want to see them for as long as possible.
Mikey wrote:
  • What songs would you like to hear?
How about some songs like Blowfish or The Ultra Zone or The Boy From Seattle, the less popular ones?

Also, songs that aren't on studio albums! Maybe Love Blood, or Sofa, or Essence, or something.

And songs the other members have written!

And it would be really really cool if Steve did "Rescue Me or Bury Me."
Mikey wrote:
  • Is there enough merch and what would you like to have made available.
Picks? I don't know if they sell them already.

How about shirts of the specific concert you're attending?

Steve masks! Lol. :wink:
Mikey wrote:He is also looking for interesting ideas that include audience participation to be included in the show.
Have a pre-show audition from guitarists to play with Steve? o.o

How about having us sing some lyrics? Call and response is always good, too. Maybe he could give some guitar lessons!
Mikey wrote:Steve wants the next tour and show to be something that you will never forget...
That's nothing new. :D
Last edited by V41 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V41

Snow wrote:1. Would you like to hear more vocal songs? Less vocal songs?

Answers:
1. Would like to hear more vocal songs, especially Boy & Girl song and In my dreams with you.

2. Well I think like as all the others on this forum say. A Steve Vai concert can never be too long.

3. Well look at answer 1.

4. As previously requested, a hat would be nice. And maybe some stickeres.
How would they do In My Dreams With You? They need Devin's vocals.
Snow

How would they do In My Dreams With You? They need Devin's vocals.
Whoops. The song I ment to say was I'll be around, don't know why I said what I said. :oops:

... Devin's vocals... :) Sex & Religion :D .... sound good eh :lol:
Neube

1. More songs from sex & religion (touching tongues would be perfect);
2. Some acoustic would be fine;
3. As said before, The show is never long enough. 2 hours is good, 3 would be better.

txs for hearing us.

Neube
ArizonaSnake16

Snow wrote:1. Would you like to hear more vocal songs? Less vocal songs?
Answers:
1. I would love to hear him sing some more. I think his vocals have gotter really good I think. I love his vocals as much as instumental. JUST PLAY!!!

2. NEVER TOO LONG.....NOT WITH HIS LIBRARY OF SONGS!!

3. I would love to hear some of his stuff he did with David Lee Roth. On his last solo tour he opened up with SHYBOY and I just went YEEAAAAA. Some of his best work I think is with David. I would love to hear "Ladies Night in Buffalo", "Nina", "Yankee Rose" (I still play that every 4th of July)

4. Thongs.... I think my wife would like a pair of VAI Thongs, and I would like to see her in them!
Hat, Shirts. Something more Vai and not so "commercial", unique.
BREW CREW

Ballads or Rockers??? Vai songs are Vai songs!!!!! No classification needed! I would like to see him perform Hand On Heart...that song is emotional for me and it showcases Vai's ability to play a melodic song and not repeat what he plays (meaning he changes the feel and tempo while sticking with the main structure..but it is different....make sense????)
I wish he could play longer to make the experience more rewardable for us fans.
Merchandise: Picks, Masks, Programs (All about Steve in an up to date program)
Audience participation: a contest to get onstage with Steve and the band (kind of like the contest for the Ultra Zone tour).
I would also like him to play in Madison at the Barrymore Theater again, I do believe he played there while with Frank Zappa! :D
Anything that Steve does is cool with me, it is his choice...these are just my opinions of what I want...thanks for the opportunity!