So you meet Steve Vai... and get him to sign... what?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
miker

So, whatta y'all get Steve to scribble his name on? Just curious...
Derek

I actually took the truss rod cover off one of my guitars and had him sign that, but then after about a week I forgot about it, so every time I would get it out of the case it would catch my eye and piss me off, "somebody scribbled on my guitar!!!.... oh wait.... I had that done intentionally...."
EVO 555

my gibson sg probably
sonny sixshooter

I had him sign my Secret Jewel Box and a poster from the Metropole show. Looks goood!
litlgrnman

I plan to have him sign The Frank Zappa Guitar Book. I think the silliest thing I had him sign was a 6' cardboard cutout of the P&W cover. If dragging a 6' piece of cardboard to a show to get signed doesn't say "freak!" I don't know what does 8)
EyE

litlgrnman wrote:If dragging a 6' piece of cardboard to a show to get signed doesn't say "freak!" I don't know what does 8)

FREAK!!!!!!!! lol :wink:
RickAllen

At the G3 '03 show I got him to sign a cd, my guitar on the front and on the back of the headstock, and I bought a poster that was already signed. I think the best thing is either a promo photo or a poster so it can easily be framed and looks great up on the wall. Guitars are okay but then you worry about the sig wearing off(or you don't play it). The best place on a guitar is behind the headstock.
viz

He signed my jem on the back plate, and I covered it with stuff they put on library books, which protects it pretty well.
GGGrev

Derek wrote:I actually took the truss rod cover off one of my guitars and had him sign that, but then after about a week I forgot about it, so every time I would get it out of the case it would catch my eye and piss me off, "somebody scribbled on my guitar!!!.... oh wait.... I had that done intentionally...."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GGGrev

I had him sign my Ultrazone notation book. :)

I had Satch sign the headstock of my RG550.
Eternity
Newcomer

If I had it to do over again, probably my Secret Jewel Box.

At the time, I was so jazzed, I didn't even think about my tattoo, which I'm not so sure I want signed now anyway.

One of the coolest things to me was his interest in my Dimebag magazine that I just happened to be reading when I ran into him. I've known Dime... f, I miss him, for 20 years. (Grew up in the same neighborhood.) Used to hang out at Stars games. I just thought it was really cool that he was so interested in someone who plays so differently.

Getcha Pull!!!
booandminx
Newcomer

We had Steve sign a picture of our twin boys! One of them has the middle name "Vai" - my husband is a die hard fan and it was a name we could agree on! My hubby also brought along a Guitar World Mag from March 1987, the cover is Steve Vai & Billy Sheehan. What an awesome night!
Minxy :peace
Evo2k0

Going to meet him today at the Wiltern theater aftershow. Cant wait! :D
Falcon Wing
Newcomer

I met him on the way into the venue at the Boulder, Co show and asked him to sign my new Jem7VWH...he was very polite about it too. He signed it in the front and back. He commented several times on how he liked my white coffin case. It was very cool to meet him.

Pics here in the JEM album: http://www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2
chrose1201

Kind of hard to see, there are a couple more in the pictures forum.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/92888e8c ... CBZQpGXifx

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/92888e8c ... CB1YNXIINN[/url]