Steve is inspirational!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Shalem
Newcomer

Steve is inspirational!

#1 Post by Shalem » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:26 pm

Hi I'm 22 and from New Zealand :)

I've been into Vai for about four years now and nobody does it for me like Vai. I really connect with his playing and think that he has a devine sense of melody and phrasing. Some day I hope to be able to phrase my riffs through the use of intuition like he does.

Really I just wanted to express my grattitude towards the humble star that he is, because he re-ignited an old spark I had for lead guitar.

I was pre-occupied when he made his last tour to Auckland in 2001, but I sure as hell ain't missing him on his next stop-over.

Cheers!

greg

#2 Post by greg » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:28 am

Yeah, Steve writes some vey cool music. Are you into Joe Satriani?

Shalem
Newcomer

Hi Greg

#3 Post by Shalem » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:10 pm

I am interested in Joe Sat.

I haven't heard a lot of his new stuff, though I started my lead playing by learning Always with me, Always with you.

Cheers 8)

eyebnez

#4 Post by eyebnez » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:57 am

Not at all bashing Satriani. But he just does'nt hold the emotional value in his playing that Vai does. Steve can put one in his realm of thinking while playing nothing but an instrumental. Steve's stuff is inspiring almost on the spritual level.
I do have to say one thing for Satriani. His newest release SBM is pretty good. :D

davemeetsworld

#5 Post by davemeetsworld » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:21 pm

I'd have to diagree eye, his latest album srange beautiful music is jam packed full of emotion, can't get enough of it! but the sort of emotion is different i agree. I feel diffrent when listening to vai - its more intense, but satch is so chilled and makes me cry sometimes :cry:

eyebnez

#6 Post by eyebnez » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:36 pm

davemeetsworld wrote:I'd have to diagree eye, his latest album srange beautiful music is jam packed full of emotion, can't get enough of it! but the sort of emotion is different i agree. I feel diffrent when listening to vai - its more intense, but satch is so chilled and makes me cry sometimes :cry:
Strange Beautiful Music is a very emotional album I do agree with you on that. But on a whole no. I think it's good that you let let yourself cry :wink:
Satch just never had that effect on me. But like you said the emotin is deffinately there, just different.
Question ? Is that a ritchie vallens cover on SBM. I have'nt read the linear notes, but I have listened to album alot and really like the way he done that. Please ingnore my ignorance :oops: on this song.

JAY

Shalem
Newcomer

Cool

#7 Post by Shalem » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:10 pm

8)
I think I'll have to have a listen to SBM now Eyebnez - if music ever gets in deep enough to truely touch someone, then it evidently works on deeper levels (like orchestral music).

As you all know; music has the potencial to influence one's mood, though I think the scope or degree that you can connect with is relative to the individual, or what that individual has experienced. :roll:

I like hearing anybody screaming out a beautiful melody on any instument, but I think Steve's music in particular is very emotive, and everybody has a valid, different and important understanding of it.

It is a spiritual experience for me. Anyone who knows me can call me Shay.

Peace.[/img]