Suggesions for the Real Illusions: Reflections DVD

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Gary2005

#61 Post by Gary2005 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:57 am

Die to Live....please. :)

Alun

#62 Post by Alun » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:48 pm

I'd go for:

-an entire show from ONE venue on ONE night. Like others have said - no random guitar/clothing changes mid song
-commentary - Astoria one is brilliant
- no crappy "my first video software" effects!!!!
-more soundcheck/rehearsal footage

On a personal preference - no Eric Sardinas. I can't stand him so I cringed when he turned up on the Astoria DVD.

Setlist wise, I'd be happy with whatever the current RI set is.

Alun

wattam

RI DVD

#63 Post by wattam » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:15 pm

I agree on the idea of one show fully filmed - with the good and the bad - Live is just that - LIVE! I like the shots of Steve's face - close ups of all the band members. And shots of the audience - how many people have tears streaming down their face during FTLOG or Whispering??? Cut from Steve's face to theirs - would be interesting. No wierd camera angles. And good shots at the end of the DVD - Steve is always so appreciative of the audience and he soaks it up at the end. That is always a special moment for me. And good bonus DVD stuff. It would be cool is Steve INTERVIEWED the other band members one on one - could be about their experience on the tour, with the fans, with the sound issues in each venue - just stuff.

I think it would also be great to show in the bonus DVD some after show meet and greets, EVO experiences, and fans hanging around before the show in the bad weather - maybe interviews with those fans - and the people hanging out at the tour bus in the wee hours of the morning hoping to meet the band.

What about a 'bloopers reel'? I'll bet some really whacky stuff happens that we never even see. And I do believe a 'day in the life on the road' would be a cool addition - interviews inside the bus as they travel.

sword

Re: RI DVD

#64 Post by sword » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:42 pm

wattam wrote:I agree on the idea of one show fully filmed - with the good and the bad - Live is just that - LIVE! I like the shots of Steve's face - close ups of all the band members. And shots of the audience - how many people have tears streaming down their face during FTLOG or Whispering??? Cut from Steve's face to theirs - would be interesting. No wierd camera angles. And good shots at the end of the DVD - Steve is always so appreciative of the audience and he soaks it up at the end. That is always a special moment for me. And good bonus DVD stuff. It would be cool is Steve INTERVIEWED the other band members one on one - could be about their experience on the tour, with the fans, with the sound issues in each venue - just stuff.

I think it would also be great to show in the bonus DVD some after show meet and greets, EVO experiences, and fans hanging around before the show in the bad weather - maybe interviews with those fans - and the people hanging out at the tour bus in the wee hours of the morning hoping to meet the band.

What about a 'bloopers reel'? I'll bet some really whacky stuff happens that we never even see. And I do believe a 'day in the life on the road' would be a cool addition - interviews inside the bus as they travel.

I have to say, these are some of the best suggestions yet. :D Keep up the good work, guys. Mikey, any updates as to what Steve's looking to accomplish in this next DVD? :? And when the Real Illusions Bonus Track will be revealed on the Inside Real Illusions page?

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)

shacks

#65 Post by shacks » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:23 pm

jenarom wrote:The most important thing for me is:

Please release it in a reasonable amount of time! Maybe early 2006.

In addition to that I would want:

- The entire concert
- Widescreen 16x9
- DTS and Dolby Digital
- Commentary
- Professional camera work
- Extras: Soundchecks, EVO experience, touring videos

I would also buy the entire concert in CD version.

I agree with all of the above!

Cheers
shacks

BobDaNob

#66 Post by BobDaNob » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:12 am

Maybe they'll be recording the show in LA? It is the last show in America and all.

shacks

#67 Post by shacks » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:00 am

BobDaNob wrote:Maybe they'll be recording the show in LA? It is the last show in America and all.
Mikey has said it will be recorded in Europe.

shacks

johnny boy

#68 Post by johnny boy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:21 am

I don't know if this has already been suggested, and i'm not going to read 5 pages to find out, but i think that they should make the show a 2 night deal. This way we can get all the songs off of RI and other favorites from past albums. I do understand that it might be difficult for steve and the band to do a show like that, but it is still an idea.

Eternity
Newcomer

#69 Post by Eternity » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:42 pm

Gary2005 wrote:Yeah, i have a few suggestions too...so bare with me lol.

4. One thing i know that will be very hard in the uk is having special guests. Maybe it could be possible in england but i mean in Glasgow....there's not may famous guitarists really :( But it would sure be a brilliant thing to see some special guests on the dvd :) Like Andy T and Eric J did in america, maybe we could get old Clappers and May ? How much would that ROCK ? :)

and 5. Just give it your best, guys. :)
You're not referring to Andy Timmons are you? I thought that was a pretty exclusive Dallas thing every time Steve comes to Dallas.

RM

#70 Post by RM » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:42 am

Gary2005 wrote:Yeah, i have a few suggestions too...so bare with me lol.

4. One thing i know that will be very hard in the uk is having special guests. Maybe it could be possible in england but i mean in Glasgow....there's not may famous guitarists really :( But it would sure be a brilliant thing to see some special guests on the dvd :) Like Andy T and Eric J did in america, maybe we could get old Clappers and May ? How much would that ROCK ? :)

and 5. Just give it your best, guys. :)

But the UK has such a vast history of very very special players...probably more than the states...

Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton
Pete Townshend
Keith Richard
Hank Marvin
Brian May
Jeff Beck

Plenty to choose from and that's just the beginning of the list!

saxaxe

#71 Post by saxaxe » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:57 am

Oh, and by personal preference, I'd much rather see the original version of FTLOG. I didnt much care for the new one. No offence.

Hakky

#72 Post by Hakky » Sun May 01, 2005 8:34 am

I'd just like to see more real interviews...

w/Mikey,Thomas, staff, drivers, whoever?
...To let us know about their jobs.

It'd be interesting for me n-e way...

Ekim

#73 Post by Ekim » Mon May 02, 2005 6:32 pm

- The entire concert
- Widescreen 16x9
- DTS and Dolby Digital
- Commentary

I'll second or third or whatever all of this.

Widescreen would kick arse. You can get more band members in each shot!

I would love all the solo spots to be on there as well. Make it two discs again if you must!

I also loved the commentary tracks as well.

alienillusions
Banned

#74 Post by alienillusions » Mon May 02, 2005 7:10 pm

Ekim wrote:

- The entire concert
- Widescreen 16x9
- DTS and Dolby Digital
- Commentary

I'll second or third or whatever all of this.

I would love all the solo spots to be on there as well. Make it two discs again if you must!

Bump.

sword

#75 Post by sword » Mon May 02, 2005 8:13 pm

I agree, but I would rather the Widescreen be an extra option in addition to the full screen view as opposed to the standard format.

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)