has anyone met steve vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
woahstevevai
Newcomer

has anyone met steve vai?

#1 Post by woahstevevai » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 pm

Hi I am new I am wondering has anyone met steve?

if so tell me your story.......

thanx,
Annie

V41

#2 Post by V41 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:12 pm

I met Steve on Friday, before the concert in Hartford. He was such a great guy, really nice and easy to talk to. He looked me in the eyes, didn't act stuck up or anything, talked to me about Berklee and some things.

woahstevevai
Newcomer

that is aswome!!!

#3 Post by woahstevevai » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:19 pm

that is aswome!,

I met steve vai as well.... I went to his house and was in his recording studio.... my brother was his intern or something like that. he lived with him and worked with him. Steve is really aswome! he is really down to earth and like you said not stuck up at all!

thank you,
Annie

mphgt

#4 Post by mphgt » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:02 pm

I went to Amsterdam last year for the Aching Hunger shows and was waiting outside the venue when Steve turned up for soundcheck he stopped and chatted with the few of us who were there and posed for photos.

I was lucky enough to get into the Aftershow for both these shows with a few other members of this forum (thanks disaxster :D ) where we had yet more photos taken (a few of these are in the gallery).

A month later Steve was touring with G3 and I went to see the show in at the Albert Hall in London. While waiting outside I chatted to Pia Vai who remembered me from Amsterdam and kindly asked Dave Weiner to get me an Aftershow pass.

At the Aftershow I got to chat to all of Steve's band plus Joe Satriani and of course Steve himself.

This year I went to see Steve play with Sharon Isbin in Paris and they did an autograph signing after the show and I got to chat to Steve again as he signed the photo of me and him taken at the Albert Hall.

Everytime I have met Steve he has been friendly and easy to talk to and is a really a great guy.

Vaituoso

#5 Post by Vaituoso » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:04 pm

I've met him. :D

Parker_Fly

#6 Post by Parker_Fly » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:55 pm

:wink:

molgolsonden

#7 Post by molgolsonden » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:32 pm

I met Steve in Philadelphia. He's a real gentleman. Very receptive. It was a true pleasure to talk with him.

BobDaNob

#8 Post by BobDaNob » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:41 pm

...I live in hope.

Bono

#9 Post by Bono » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:06 am

I met him very briefly...it was in the period he was suffering the flu (I still have visions of him playing the guitar while blowing his nose lol). He couldn't speak much but was very gracious and posed for photos...such a nice little boy, that Steve Vai ;)

jemke

#10 Post by jemke » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:11 am

I've met Steve, twice after shows in Belgium. I also stood next to him on stage during this ultrazone tour due to coincidence and destiny. Never felt so much adrenaline running though my vains!

disaxster

#11 Post by disaxster » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:39 am

mphgt wrote: I was lucky enough to get into the Aftershow for both these shows with a few other members of this forum (thanks disaxster :D ) where we had yet more photos taken (a few of these are in the gallery).
:lol: thanks mikey (+jeroen)
I met him for the first time in 1997 during a music fair in italy, and then I had the worst bad luck you can imagine with backstage passes through these years (people at the venue changing the guest lists and ignoring my name, just to mention the first thing that came to my mind) until an australian guardian angel helped me in amsterdam. :lol:
in paris I just said hello, he looked at me without the sun glasses and asked me "why you look so familiar?mmm, amsterdam, right?" :)
when steve meets the fans is like an old friends meeting, like we were all together at school, this is the feeling I had.
:lol:

resha

#12 Post by resha » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:59 am

BobDaNob wrote:...I live in hope.
ME TOO... :cry:

Lucky

#13 Post by Lucky » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:00 am

Yes I met Steve in '99 on his Ultra Zone tour at the New Orleans HOB. He was extremely patient with everyone and he signed one of my gits. I thanked him for all his great inspiration and shook his hand...wadda guy! :)

Dany_Vai

#14 Post by Dany_Vai » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:57 pm

well , I meet to Steve and Joe in last december in my country, was a amazing experience !! :shock: , in these moments i can`t believe all ... Steve is a very good person :D and I remember that I`m very nervous these day , I forgott my english and everything :lol: :shock: My dream come true , and even I can`t believe this :!:
I never forgett that day! Thanks Steve :wink: :D

SRVoodoo

#15 Post by SRVoodoo » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:46 pm

I met Steve in Philly as well & yes he is quite the nice guy.
He honestly connects with you when he speaks.
He even had the presence of mind to thank me after the show
for sharing some heartfelt discussion with him earlier in the day.
Thanks again Steve!