If Steve would do a cover tune?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
ultrazone_seeker

Rembrandt Q. Einstein wrote:While My Guitar Gently Weeps
YES, definitely. i wouldn't mind hearing that as a G3 jam song actually. :wink:
Henrique Henriques

lucky7 wrote:I truly believe Steve's voice has improved in the last few years ...
I've noticed that too... He has been practicing, you can clearly see that. He was better in The Ultrazone than in Fire Garden... I wonder if he has a voice coach or something like that... If he doesn't he should get one, the improvement would be far faster and better... :wink: 8)
summer_sky

Gtdork wrote:
lucky7 wrote:I truly believe Steve's voice has improved in the last few years ...
I've noticed that too... He has been practicing, you can clearly see that. He was better in The Ultrazone than in Fire Garden... I wonder if he has a voice coach or something like that... If he doesn't he should get one, the improvement would be far faster and better... :wink: 8)
i LOVE to hear Steve sing. Gt, do you really think Steve needs a voice coach? what would a voice coach improve in Steve's singing style?
Henrique Henriques

Hmmm....

Voice projection, in-key singing, breathing...etc...
Generally the voice coach would lapidate his voice so it wouldn't sound so "kareoke" like... He still can't go really high or low, Steve's voice is kind of limited to an octave or so, maybe a little over 2 octaves. And you can clearly hear IMHO that Steve is singing with his throat, and has no breathing technique. Working those details with a voice coach would make him a much better singer, but I don't think he really cares about that.

Singing in key is fairly easy, even I can do it. But REALLY sing is a whole different story... :wink: :P
summer_sky

i'd like to hear Steve do a cover of 1976's 'Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's Smile)' by Carlos Santana and Tom Coster..... what a beautiful, wistful, emotional, magical song that captures the feeling of freeing one's self from earthly binds and rising into heavenly bliss...

http://www.santana.com/sights/audio/europaL3.ram

no wait, better yet, i'd love to hear Steve duo live 'Europa' with the great Carlos Santana....
wintonsmith1984

Achilles Last Stand.
It would be very cool with steve's voice and guitar playing and with Jeremy colson and Billy Sheean.
saxaxe

I'd like to hear him cover some Eric Johnson. Im curious to see if he could get similar tone with his guitars. Desert Rose or Manhattan, or Cliffs of Dover.
As far as SRV covers go, Jibboom is almost a cover of Scuttle Buttin' The main riff, at least.
EyesOfFire0221

Thank you by Led Zepplin that song is so beautiful
totallygeek

I just thought of a great one with tons of fills and perfect chances for solos

Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla!
deep field

"Space Guitar"
by Johnny Guitar Watson.

I think Steve's interpretation of this song would by insanely awesome.