If Steve would do a cover tune?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vickinator
Newcomer

He should do I'm every woman by Whitney Houston while he wears his beret.
vickinator
Newcomer

vickinator wrote:He should do I'm every woman by Whitney Houston while he wears his beret.
Wow. That'd be so sick!!!! %)
munchocruncho

Everyone knows he should do Brickhouse, and he should sing too. That would be a great cover, Or the Birthday song you know HAppy birthday to you, that one. He would make the birthday song amazing.
higson
Newcomer

One of 2 choices, "Afternoon Delight" or "Seasons in the Sun" :wink: :D
guyzif

higson wrote:One of 2 choices, "Afternoon Delight" or "Seasons in the Sun" :wink: :D
Who did those originally?
summer_sky

guyzif wrote:
higson wrote:One of 2 choices, "Afternoon Delight" or "Seasons in the Sun" :wink: :D
Who did those originally?
'k, i'll give it a try....

'Afternoon Delight' was a pop song done by a disco band called something like..Starland Band... i think. 'Seasons In The Sun' is from the early '70's and was done by Terry Jacks recently redone by Westlife.
ROCK KITTEN 76

i don't know i had this weird n wonderfull thought whilst listening to Thin Lizzy TRACK The sun goes down..

i was curiously thinking i wonder how this would sound with Steve doing it

yeah crazy thought but i thought it would work anyhow
steff

I'd like to hear Steve's interpretation of Steve Hacketts 'Spectral Mornings' or perhaps 'Firth of Forth'.
Some Al Di Meola would also be nice.
totallygeek

I don't know that covers need be note for note. More renditions and tributes are in order. I mean, SRV and Vai play Little Wing very different from Hendrix and each other and all versions are good. I personally would like to hear:

Vai's remake of Leo Kottke's work.
Leo Kottke's remake of Ballerina 12/24.
Vai tweaking EVH's Eruption.
A country guitarist doing a country remake of For the Love of God or Whispering a Prayer.
Vai doing the Super Mario Brothers music and/or the Tetris theme.
Otmar Leopart (sp?, don't have a CD in front of me) doing Ballerina 12/24 or Sisters.

Another cool idea came to me when I heard the Better Youth Organization's compilation of Rancid and NOFX. It was Rancid doing NOFX tunes and NOFX doing Rancid tunes of their own choice. This would be awesome:

Steve Vai / Joe Satriani
Joe Satriani
Eugene's Trick Bag
Sisters
Liberty
Jibboom
Whispering a Prayer
Steve Vai
Summer Song
Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
Circles
Surfing With the Alien
Always With Me, Always With You
Roy Boy

I reckon a bluesy version of FTLOG would sound very cool.

1 -e & 2 - e & 3 -4______
bwA-da-daaaa-da-da-daaaaaaaa *cha cha chaaaa cha cha*

heheheee
Ramma

I would actually really like to hear Vai do a cover of an SRV song or even (I know its simple, but I would love to hear it anyway), Dee by Randy Rhodes, Away by Kaizen would be awesome, Always With Me, Always With You, Marty Friedman - Corazon De Santiago, And of course the best cover I would like to hear Steve Vai do is...............

Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
Mr. Canadian

Vai with Terry Bozzio and the Ensemble Modern performing Zappa's most challenging stuff. Like, Mo 'N Herbs Vacation, all renditions of the Black Page, Moggio, Sinister Footwear including the yet to be released 1st movement etc..
summer_sky

how about Led Zeppelin's 'Moby Dick? :P

seriously.... i'd like to hear Steve cover Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song' and do a little improvization Vai style
Ryan Layton
Banned

some acoustic zep. The Rain Song would be my pick. sure, vai can play acoustic like no one else, but its not his strong point. i think he could have alot of fun on that.
jemgirl

how about radar love from the golden earring? 8)