The Offical "Aching Hunger - phase 2" thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sisterinlaw

You need to get back from Groningen to The Hague after the show??
The last train from Groningen to The Hague runs at 10:17pm

From the Hague to Weert in the morning is no problem. If you wish to get there at 11am, you should leave at about 9am.

Check this site: Dutch Railways, English pages

8)
DragonForce
Newcomer

disaxster wrote:
DragonForce wrote:Man I sooo wish I could go to these gigs. I'm actually in Holland at the time so i'm deabating about whether to go.
Problem is I need to be in Weert for the 2nd for Bospop Festival. And I only fly in to Holland on the 1st. (I should arrive at 12:15)
So while i'm gonna be in Holland i'm staying with my friend in The Hague, so do you think it would be possible to go to The Hague, catch a train to Groningen arrive in time for the gig? and be able to catch a train from Groningen to Weert so i'd be in Weert by 11am on the 2nd?
And does anybody know what ticket sales are going like? I'm still not sure, what i'd do and I don't want to miss out on a ticket because there sol out.
:shock: that's a hell of a trip!!! :)
try this website for train schedules and timetables:
http://www.ns.nl
I know, whats kinda putting me of doing it. lol
DragonForce
Newcomer

sisterinlaw wrote:You need to get back from Groningen to The Hague after the show??
The last train from Groningen to The Hague runs at 10:17pm

From the Hague to Weert in the morning is no problem. If you wish to get there at 11am, you should leave at about 9am.

Check this site: Dutch Railways, English pages

8)
Nope. I'd stay in Groningen the night, would be to rude to go back there at aroun 3 in the morning waking her and her parents.

So i'd be going Groningen to Weert on the Saturday morning.

Cheers for the site. I'll look now. Can you book tickets in advance on it? or does it just tell you when the trains are?
sisterinlaw

DragonForce wrote:Cheers for the site. I'll look now. Can you book tickets in advance on it? or does it just tell you when the trains are?
You're welcome.
It's not possible to book tickets in advance. You can just go to the station and buy one before you catch train. There're lots of vending machines.

8)
DragonForce
Newcomer

sisterinlaw wrote:
DragonForce wrote:Cheers for the site. I'll look now. Can you book tickets in advance on it? or does it just tell you when the trains are?
You're welcome.
It's not possible to book tickets in advance. You can just go to the station and buy one before you catch train. There're lots of vending machines.

8)
Ok thanks. :D
blacknapkins_1977
Newcomer

well my tickets are have arrived!!! im sooo happy!!!!!!!!!
i keep playing lotus feet over and over !!!!!!!!!!!!!
02.07.05 -8.15pm is getting closer ever second,(tick tock....)
me and girlfriend(a non vai fan-waste of a ticket i know!) heading out from london luton airport to amsterdam on the 1st will stay in amsterdam for the night :D then train to groiningen on the day of the gig....then back to amsterdam till wednesday!!!!!!!.... wow!!!!!!! thats a weekend plan!!!!! see you all there!!!!
Last edited by blacknapkins_1977 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonForce
Newcomer

Right seen as this is actually looking, as Rod Smallwallet would say logistically possible, will cost a bit, but hey i'll be on holiday for a week, whats a bit more gonna cost? What I wanna know will this definatly be worth it? I mean it will knacker me out, and such. so will it definatly be wrth it? :D
pauldlr

Nah Totally overhyped.

NOT!!! :lol:
disaxster

DragonForce wrote:What I wanna know will this definatly be worth it? I mean it will knacker me out, and such. so will it definatly be wrth it? :D
(if i'm not wrong) the show in groningen will be the only one with the Orkest this year, so it's our only chance to see steve performing in a very different "environment". if you are open minded enough, in terms of music.... you better be there! :)
if you're not and you want to see steve playing crazy fast cool guitar, running allover the stage giving everybody a great time and having himself a great time too..... well, it's up to you.
somebody told me last year in amsterdam some people were very disappointed by the performance... :shock: I respect their opinion but I disagree.
just keep in mind that it's a very intimate and different show, you could discover a side of steve you didn't even think about. :) or a side that you don't want to hear.
:)
DragonForce
Newcomer

Well by the way i'm thinking now, I really don't wanna miss this gig, so I should be there. Just gotta sort something out with Maaike's parents. Get that sorted i'll be able to decide. :D

btw about the set list/what they're actually gonna play. Is it going to be like what Deep Purple/Metallica played when they played with a orchestra? Vai songs with orcestra composed around them? or will it be different?
disaxster

DragonForce wrote: btw about the set list/what they're actually gonna play. Is it going to be like what Deep Purple/Metallica played when they played with a orchestra? Vai songs with orcestra composed around them? or will it be different?
different I think!
DragonForce
Newcomer

Right, well still be good. :D

now I just need somewhere to stay, preferably near the venue! *to google and multimap* :wink:
Rochus

Got my tickets today lol, the guy at the box office told me these we're one of the last tickets availible for the Saturday show... sow anyhow I'll be there :D This is gonna be my first Vai show ever so I'm really excited
Mr midway

It would be sweet if they put this on dvd or cd :)
Dimi333
Newcomer

Does anybody actually know whether Groningen shows will have more or less the same setlist or if it's gonna be different?