VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:19 pm 

Best night of my life? Quite possibly.

I also played FLO.

http://youtu.be/dMAPfEZZZ_8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 pm 

I've watched most of your youtube videos. Respect sir.

Hope your vai experience was enough to keep you inspired for a long time, I remember those threads from some time ago. Good luck bro.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am 

Awesome, dude. Awesome! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 am 

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:13 am 

When I saw Steve playing FLO later, I have to admit that I got a little jealous ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 am 
Banned

at 1:41 you can see result of what happens when you trust shitty tabs

look at kylie, rewind back and then look at steve hands, kylie uses the typical tapping, which is posted on every single shitty tab on the internet, yet look at steve, he uses no tapping, and simply stretches the fingers like fucking boss

Steve never uses tapping for this sequence, never and i have watched every single video out there

kylie's notes are not the same as steve's because he is playing from those crappy tabs

even I knew this before watching this video, that steve never uses tapping in that sequence, this is what happens when you play from tabs, instead of analyzing the videos and transcribing yourself

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:08 am 

If you put your finger on the second fret of the high E string- the note? is an F#
If you put your finger on the second fret of the high E string- the note? is a Gb

The third string 9th fret- is an E above middle C
the 5th fret- second string- is an E above middle C
the first string played open - is an E above middle C

fuck you
fuck your tabs
you can play anything whatever the way you want and it's the same fucking thing

----------
Smells like teen spirt- the two notes Kurt Cobain hits during the verse- a C and an F
99% of tabs put it at the first fret of the top two strings.

Kurt Cobain played it on the 2nd and 3rd strings

Kurt Cobain is dead and who the fuck cares

it's not wrong- same notes- same shit-

I more kyle does his own thing in a Vai song- the better.

Suck it bitches

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:03 am 

orlandopunk wrote:
at 1:41 you can see result of what happens when you trust shitty tabs

look at kylie, rewind back and then look at steve hands, kylie uses the typical tapping, which is posted on every single shitty tab on the internet, yet look at steve, he uses no tapping, and simply stretches the fingers like fucking boss

Steve never uses tapping for this sequence, never and i have watched every single video out there

kylie's notes are not the same as steve's because he is playing from those crappy tabs

even I knew this before watching this video, that steve never uses tapping in that sequence, this is what happens when you play from tabs, instead of analyzing the videos and transcribing yourself

YOU SAW IT HERE FOLKS. SHITTY TAB. Kylie's Notes are just SO WRONG that Orlando punk has heard it and taken note. He can hear the difference between tapping and stretching fingers, and has researched the topic of the particular run in "Building the Church" very heavily. Except for two things-

You've watched every single video out there? You want to make a bet? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make that bet with all your money/ the deed to your house/ etc!!!

1) Never used tabs for this song, I never use tab. I could have done it both ways, but flos strap was down to my knees, if you couldn't tell I was trying to prop it up, and so yes there are a few wrong notes. If you also can't tell, Steve didn't seem to mind. Also, I don't always play VAI songs the way Steve does.

2) Sorry to ruin your little shit facing, but if I could bring your insolent attention, to this http://youtu.be/YToSK-CO0S8

2:39 bitchass. Now go cry. And I'll be taking your house now.

Edit-you see this just goes to show how un-thought out your "factual" responses are. You didn't watch any videos, you pride yourself on your own transcribing and congratulations, now go watch Now We Run and get almost every possible note right. I did it, from watching and listening. There's only one video for that that's not mine, let's try not to get too confused now! You also do a lot of criticizing. I find it funny. Let's see you play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 am 
Banned

let's see, you claim to be 16 years old, and have been playing for 6 years, so you started out at 10

now, the only way to reach the level you display in those videos in only 5-6 years, is by basically playing guitar all day like a hermit

which means, you spent your whole childhood and adolescence, playing guitar, rather than socializing, dating, etc

nice life

you must be so proud of the guitar level you have accomplished lol

i see many kids like you on youtube, they abandon life to dedicate 100% to the guitar, as if they were gonna be famous or shit, and their egos get huge as hell, deep down, they believe themselves to be superior to others who have less technique, i can see this on your posts, constantly asking to see me play, as if it was a competition or something, probably wanting to see me play, and if somehow, my technique is not as good as yours, you would be all, oh so i win lol as if technique is everything

guess what, you won't be famous, there are thousands if not millions of kids who can play just like you, in the end, all you will accomplish, is playing in some unknown band, at the local coffee shop for a few cents a night, or maybe becoming a guitar teacher, where the pay is shitty

why?

you don't have the charisma
you don't have the looks
your technique is average, there are thousands just like you
you are a copycat of steve, no personal style
who would buy your music? lol

Then again, many kids nowadays are ocd

So, if you think about it, you just wasted thousands of hours on the guitar, when it will be nothing more than a hobby, you will rationalize, well, is something that i love, you won't understand, right lol

In the end, you may impress some noobs at guitar center, and play in some unknown local bands, but that will be it

so, don't feel so proud and egocentric of that little technique you have accomplished which is nothing to brag about, you just practiced like a mindless robot for years, there is nothing special about that, and anyone with a healthy body can accomplish it as well

you just happened to become OBSESSED more than others, that is all, there is nothing special about you, besides simply practicing more hours than the average guitar learner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 am 

Haha

I hardly read that.

I'm not playing guitar to get famous. Idgaf who can play like me/better than me. That's not the reason to play.

You wrote a 10 paragraph essay on me. Fucking creep. Calculating my whole life? Even fucking creepier.

The fact that you have unleashed such bullshit means I have struck a nerve of yours. You've gotten so angry you've resorted to "personal attacks". I'm really touched you would spend your time on this.

Oh, yes I have been playing for 6 years, like a hermit? Haha no not at all. If you think you're shedding light on my personal life, and embarrasing me, you'd be very dissappinted. I am having quite a bit of fun, in all aspects ;) Guitar comes pretty natural to me, it dosent take that long.

Thank you though, for complimenting my level of playing.

Oh, and I don't really want to see you play. I couldn't care less about your playing, but I'm making a universal point on how you like to criticize technique etc etc blah blah blah, and yet you probably suck beyond belief. Those who live in glass houses...

Im afraid didn't read past that.

I really hope you've researched me as much as you have that lick in building the church, if you have such an idea of me ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:02 am 

orlandopunk,

how about...I don't know, maybe leaving this messageboard? If you think playing the guitar without getting famous is a waste of time, why do you even play? Why do you still post on this forum when you hate on everyone and everything: Steve, his guitars, people who like his playing and play his tunes, tabs, whatever.
By the way I don't think you're just a 'troll', since you are already here for 9 years. I guess you used to like Steve and his music, so what is the reason you got so frustrated to turn into an annyoing troll?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If there's anyone obsessed, it's Orlandopunk and his wild assumptions.

Perhaps one day he will realize that all the comments he spouts here about others are just telling everybody more about himself rather than what he thinks he knows about others.

However, until that time has come, we'll unfortunately have to do without him because I really don't have any more time to spend on a mind as narrow as his.

J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:06 pm 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:05 am 

Hear hear! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm 
Newcomer

Nice play :wink: