steve vai painting

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
ILOVEDeNiro

http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/241770255

i did this painting of Steve a few years ago, it's on A2 size art paper, done in acrylics. i think i painted it after Steve had toured Oz in 2000.....so this tour i'm hoping to give him the painting! :D

wish me luck!
RickAllen

Hey that's a really nice painting you did. Good job.
ILOVEDeNiro

RickAllen wrote:Hey that's a really nice painting you did. Good job.
thanks RickAllen 8)
here's a link to my other paintings http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/773912892

there's another one of Steve, 1 of Satch, SRV, Jimi....i made the mistake of glueing them to a backing though - won't do that again!
GreenMeanie

Very nice!! :)

Joanne
RickAllen

I like the frog and Stevie Ray.
frankie

Cool paintings bro 8)

Let us know how you go when trying to give them to Steve. :D
Bono

Woh...that's amazing! A2's massive isn't it?
ILOVEDeNiro

Bono wrote:Woh...that's amazing! A2's massive isn't it?
A1 is the biggest size paper - you know the usual A4 paper that you use for writing - double it over makes A3 - double that over makes A2 size 8)

i did a painting of Bono a few yrs back, swapped it for the Perth Popmart bootleg - but i don't have a photo of it, bummer - it was better then the Edge one. i mailed the Adam Clayton painting to a fan in South America who's sister wanted a poster of him but couldn't find any. gave the Edge one to Edge in Feb '98, he liked it, but the more i look at the cover of GUITAR World (where i got the photo from) the less i like it. i made him look like John Wayne blah!

frankie - i'll definetly post if i manage to get the painting to Steve - maybe i'll just try & pass it up to the stage.

RickAllen - i love frogs eh' :D i think they are just the best! i enjoy painting them - their eyes & toes are fantastic 8)
currently i'm working on a huge mutha of a frog on canvas!

i might start a new VAI painting - on A1 or A2 paper.....i'll muck around a bit with my acrylics (a bit like that photo on the inside of TUZ :wink: )
if i like what i come up with i'll put it up in this thread & ask you guys what ya think.
does anyone else here paint? or as i like to put it for myself, try to paint :wink: just when i think i might be getting good/better at painting, i see someone elses work & i deflate like a balloon :(
if you do paint, please put a link to your work - i'd love to see it!

ILOVEDeNiro
Perth, Australia
bring on July 22nd!
the secret of love

nice