My New Axe....

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
staggy2U

My New Axe....

#1 Post by staggy2U » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:33 am

staggy

EyE

#2 Post by EyE » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:11 pm

What can I say.........was it build from scratch?

staggy2U

Hi Ya

#3 Post by staggy2U » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 am

I bought this as a budget Steve vai Lefty.... from R.P.G. it arrived very quicly & it is an awesome guitar my friend has a 555 & we found little or no difference between the two all in all I Love her to bits...staggy

joshua202020

#4 Post by joshua202020 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:06 pm

no knobs?

RAI

#5 Post by RAI » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Exactly!
We like to play with knobs...
Show us your knobs!

boswell

#6 Post by boswell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:05 am

He's from the UK everything will be turned up louder than everything else! 8)

staggy2U

It Has Two Knobs!

#7 Post by staggy2U » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:00 am

It does have two knobs like the strat but only two one for tone, the other for volume, it's just difficult to see with the perloid pickguard...L.O.l....staggy :lol: .

And yeah we do crank high!!!

Last edited by staggy2U on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

staggy2U

Different Angle

#8 Post by staggy2U » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:31 am

As I said I have two knobs...staggy this is not my axe just an 'ad that's why it has a black headstock mine is white but in real life you can see my controls easily they have gold writing on them...stsggy.. :lol:

Over the past 4/5 years, I have owned many various guitars, both electric and acoustic, and each guitar I had, I could give a detailed description about, but there is only 1 word that comes to mind to describe this guitar...... "AWESOME".

here are many things that I like about this guitar, and I have found no faults with it at all, and believe me, I can be quite picky.

The overall style and colour choices of this guitar, are a definite plus, which is a lot better, than being expected to settle for the usual one or 2 colour options of either boring black or depressing sunburst, and so these new and wider colour options are nothing short of a breath of fresh air.

The maple neck, is just the right width and size, not too wide, not too skinny, and also is bare wood, which I prefer even more so, because this allows for a more natural feel for the guitar and allows for faster action, which is a must for me.

The jumbo frets are undoubtedly another major plus, purely because I have found that I can achieve the notes, without have to press with full weight on the string, and if I do, the note goes slightly sharp, which is a good thing, because with less pressure being required to play a note, also allows for faster action, but it also saves on the joins of your fingers from any eventual strain from lengthy periods of playing, which is definitely a good feature, especially for beginners, who will take some time to get accustomed to playing in general.

The double locking LFR (Licensed Floyd Rose) tremolo is another plus and a huge one at that, as with this guitar, the tremolo is much more balanced, and gives much more freedom when bending up or down in pitch with the whammy bar, unlike other tremolo units out there, that usually sit too low at the back end and are very restricted in this area, in upward pitch bending.

The pick ups have got a real nice clean sound and welcoming tone, also give that bit of extra kick, when I'm looking for it, and that's only running through a 10W practice amp, and also, I prefer the HB-SC-HB set up, as this gives much more selection of tone and gives that little bit more creative freedom when playing and composing my own music.

The set up of the guitar is bang on the money also, particularly with the action height of the strings, and this is another very important thing for me, because I like to use various tapping techniques, as well as general strumming and flat picking, and I play slide alt as well, and so, the action height is bang on target to allow for all of that, and therefore saves any hassles of having to do any tweaking to the set up.

Overall, there is not a thing about this guitar that I don't like, and for anyone out there looking to get a new guitar, regardless of they are buying their first electric guitar or if they are looking for a new addition to their collection, then these guitars are undoubtedly worth every penny, they are better, than a lot of the branded guitars that I have seen, that cost double the price, or more, and I sincerely and wholeheartedly recommend these guitars to any and every lefty guitarist out there.man they rock!...staggy

resha

#9 Post by resha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 am

Which bridge does she have?

staggy2U

Hi-Ya

#10 Post by staggy2U » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 am

I think it's the pro11 edge...staggy

dohnut

#11 Post by dohnut » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 pm

It's not an edge. It's a generic LFR. There is no manufacturers id on it as far as I'm aware. Could I also point out that the blurb in your post is actually a review posted on the RPG website
Staggy2u wrote:Over the past 4/5 years, I have owned many various guitars,.............I sincerely and wholeheartedly recommend these guitars to any and every lefty guitarist out there.
It's written by a guy called William Dines who I'm sure used to post on this forum. Personally I think it's over the top and as much as I'm happy with the purchase of my RPG, I found this review a bit misleading as in what to expect when you get this guitar, but then it is only someones opinion.

staggy2U

Review...

#12 Post by staggy2U » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:21 am

Yes this is a post written on the RPG web-site I agreed with the review which says much the same as I did....but I thought it was more in depth so i PASTED THAT REVIEW HOWEVER HERE IS MINE...

Hi Ross & Liz, the gorgeous Jem guitar came early this morning, poor driver must be knackered L.O.L......I've just given it it's road test...through a 15 watt practice amp & oh my God this is a beast in disguise...God this axe Rocks! the pups are fantastic they really kick butt!
Nice fingerboard too, jumbo frets which make it even faster with very little pressure...the intonation is just spot on the best I've ever known for factory set-up! 24 frets as well plenty of scope for fancy lead runs & riffs!
The licensed Floyd Rose is great for bending up or down nicely set yeah? I know this axe is emulating my friends 555 but he is so unhappy now coz this R.G.P. Axe is better & he paid over £2,000 hard earned lolly...he has Dimarzios evolutions which are nice but my axe with stock pups holds it's own too against his genuine 555 with Dimarzio evolution pups
This axe is obviously set up by professionals it's just so perfect how R.P.G. Do this axe at such a give-away price is beyond me? But I am so glad they do... it's my second guitar from Red Planet...& they are both so awesome well if you are a lefty I so much recommend Red Planet Guitars you will not be sorry but like me ecstatic!
I have multi pedal processors which I'm just about to try...., sorry neighbors L.O.L.....Terry, Cheers Guys we are staying in touch for a day at the races Terry,Kirsty,Jodie (7) & Keira (3)...(Our Family)

Andrew J Dampier

#13 Post by Andrew J Dampier » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:35 am

Of all the forums I've visited through the years, this is the only one with members dumb enough to come on and brag about bootleg goodies they've bought.

Congratulations, bro.

staggy2U

#14 Post by staggy2U » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:19 am

We're not all rich but I am more than happy with it yeah :lol:

boswell

#15 Post by boswell » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:15 am

Andrew J Dampier wrote:Of all the forums I've visited through the years, this is the only one with members dumb enough to come on and brag about bootleg goodies they've bought.

Congratulations, bro.

A bootleg recording is an audio and/or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist, or under other legal authority. The process of making and distributing such recordings is known as bootlegging.

The word you are looking for is possibly Fake

Fake means not real. For example, a document or other object created to look like a real object

Though fake would be an incorrect description of staggy2U's new guitar Jem style guitar maybe more appropriate, you know like a PRS singlecut is a LP style of guitar