I made a page about Steve Vai....

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
Sylvana0902
Newcomer

I made a page about Steve Vai....

#1 Post by Sylvana0902 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 am

Hi guys & dolls...

Yesterday i put a brand new page on my website about Steve Vai.
I made it because he is best gitarplayer on the whole world.

The first time i saw him live on stage here in the Netherlands ...he stole my heart for ever!

So ...I thank Steve he was in my country on Arrow Rock Festival in
Biddinghuizen, Netherlands!

You can see the page on:
http://www.rotterdam4ever.nl/Steve%20Vai.htm

RAI

#2 Post by RAI » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:24 am

Looks nice...
Do you have permission to use all the images?

Sylvana0902
Newcomer

#3 Post by Sylvana0902 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:27 am

RAI wrote:Looks nice...
Do you have permission to use all the images?
Well ...now you asking me something! :oops:

I made a tribute to Steve ...it is not like a wanna steal pics ofcourse!
If it is not okay ...he will let me know i hope! :wink:

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#4 Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:02 am

Please take all our images off your website. We explicitly state on the homepage of Vai.com that images may not be used without permission. You did not ask, and permission is not granted.

Mikey
vai.com

Sylvana0902
Newcomer

#5 Post by Sylvana0902 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 am

Mikey wrote:Please take all our images off your website. We explicitly state on the homepage of Vai.com that images may not be used without permission. You did not ask, and permission is not granted.

Mikey
vai.com
Well i am very sorry to hear that! :(
I made this because i like his music so much!

If i ask permission for it, or i make a link to his website, is it allright than? :roll:

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#6 Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 am

No - the content on Vai.com is exclusive to Vai.com. If we let anyone just take it and reuse it, it would no longer be exclusive. Furthermore, photographs I take are for use only on Vai.com. I didn't take them so you could add cheesy effects to them, or cut them up and reinterpret them as you see fit.

It has nothing to do with you linking to Vai.com. We own the content and we are asking you to take our content down.

Thank you,

Mikey
vai.com

iGer

#7 Post by iGer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:51 am

aw sorry for you Sylvana. I hope you don't feel offended or so.

Still, nice to know you're frm Rotterdam ^^, my big bro is from working there.

Mikey : I might have nothing to tell you about what to do because you know what to do, i'm in your territory, i follow your rules, but PLEASE, next time CAN YOU SHOW A BIT OF sensibilty here ??? this guy LOVES Steve vai and did this tribute with emotion and heart. You, for your EXCLUSIVITY, you are ready to take someone down without giving a shit of what is going on next for him. I'm pretty sure Sylvana felt REALLY bad because first he didnt know the exclusivity, second you might have hurted him SO BAD.

I'm SURE if Steve Vai himself would have known this, he would have not been that BRUTAL.

Sylvana : If you want quality pictures, you can BUY a lot of them on FrontRow-thing website. I recieved a mail about the new last ones from South America (or so).

But it costs a LOOT of money too, but for three of them you earn a Steve Vai pick lol (WHOWHOOO !!! they are kidding us, 75 US bucks paid and they give you one pick to thx you ... that is bullshit.)

micdreyer

pict.

#8 Post by micdreyer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:35 pm

hi sylvana. i have som pict i have taken at some vai concerts. ill se if i can find them, and then u can put them on your side. Maybe other people have some privat photo u can upload and then you can make a nice tribute side.

Naffis-kun

#9 Post by Naffis-kun » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:34 am

Basically when making a website, all images and content used must be made by YOU or you must have the author's permission to use the content.

Beginning webmasters often don't realize this. It's a common mistake, relax.

EyE

#10 Post by EyE » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:22 am

iGer wrote:aw sorry for you Sylvana. I hope you don't feel offended or so.

Mikey : I might have nothing to tell you about what to do because you know what to do, i'm in your territory, i follow your rules, but PLEASE, next time CAN YOU SHOW A BIT OF sensibilty here ??? this guy LOVES Steve vai and did this tribute with emotion and heart. You, for your EXCLUSIVITY, you are ready to take someone down without giving a shit of what is going on next for him. I'm pretty sure Sylvana felt REALLY bad because first he didnt know the exclusivity, second you might have hurted him SO BAD.

I'm SURE if Steve Vai himself would have known this, he would have not been that BRUTAL.

Sylvana : If you want quality pictures, you can BUY a lot of them on FrontRow-thing website. I recieved a mail about the new last ones from South America (or so).

But it costs a LOOT of money too, but for three of them you earn a Steve Vai pick lol (WHOWHOOO !!! they are kidding us, 75 US bucks paid and they give you one pick to thx you ... that is bullshit.)
Oww boy. If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it. If you can't live within these rules here at Vai.com don't join the Vai.com community.

guyver_dio

#11 Post by guyver_dio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 am

if you need pictures, go into the photo gallery and discussion section of this forum, browse around at the compilations of pictures fans take at concerts (alot of them are extremely high quality and fairly professional looking). If you find some pictures you like get in contact with the member that posted them and ask for permission. I'm sure most people won't really care.

Sylvana0902
Newcomer

#12 Post by Sylvana0902 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 am

iGer wrote:aw sorry for you Sylvana. I hope you don't feel offended or so.

Hi iGer...well that`s nice to hear from you!
Are you Dutch too?

About my website, i worked a few month`s on this special page from Steve Vai. I wanna show Steve in my country...alot of people never heard about him. There is no competition with Vai.com and my site.
I link the EVO Experience 2007 ...so the visitors go to Vai.com.

I didn`t know they sell the images from Steve ...but they can`t steal them from my page, they are pretected here.
If they don`t like people steal images from Vai.com ...they have to pretect the images on the Vai.com and they don`t do that either!

I know a guy here he spokes alot with Steve himself and he told me Steve don`t care about that.

I can`t be mad about Mikey ..he do what he have to do... but it is very hard to hear it is not aloud to use the images.
I will check my page what is coming from here and what is free to use.
I will change my page ...I`LL BE BACK!!! :P

P.s. If you have some nice pic`s from Steve send them to my e-mail!
I will send my e-mail to you in a PM!

Thanks for your kind words!

Greetzzz Sylvana :peace 8)
Last edited by Sylvana0902 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvana0902
Newcomer

Re: pict.

#13 Post by Sylvana0902 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 pm

micdreyer wrote:hi sylvana. i have som pict i have taken at some vai concerts. ill se if i can find them, and then u can put them on your side. Maybe other people have some privat photo u can upload and then you can make a nice tribute side.
Thank you soo much!
You have a PM! :wink:

Virulent

#14 Post by Virulent » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:44 pm

iGer wrote:
What makes you think it doesn't hurt Mikey to see his hard work ripped and mangled and then be presented by a question if it's ok to do so as an afterthought? This site represents a huge effort, especially from Mikey, yet you ask him to accept that others will violate that work? With a smile and a complimentary handshake?

So she got chewed out. Perhaps next time she'll think twice before taking something that isn't hers to take - which she could and should have known, because 'copyright' is as much Dutch as it is English.
Well, I guess you're one that just doesn't want a freebie.

You're paying 75 dollars for a bunch of very high grade professionally shot pictures and there's a free pick thrown in. Most of the time when I buy something, nothing is thrown in for free. You pay some money, you get a product. That's the transaction. Vai.com and Front Row Center go a step further, throw in a nice little memento and all of a sudden it's bullshit?

So according to you it's like this; you think people should take what isn't theirs, and if they are given something for free it's bullshit?

The only bullshit I'm seeing is what I'm reading here.

-V

iGer

#15 Post by iGer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:03 pm

FrontRowCenter just sells printed pictures that they send to you. they are not mad, if one buy them, he can share them to all the others.

EDIT : Virulent.

Two years ago i was still a webdesigner working on freelance for entertainement when once, i was like 15 yo, i posted on an american forum some of my work (3D) because a friend of mine told them abotu the amazing work i did and they wanted to see. So i showed them. 4 months later i went back to the site because that same friend todl about something that will piss me off. I checked out, it was not the same site in fact it was a site where they SOLD 3D wallpapers and all the rest, well they sold this kinda designing stuff. My OWN projet i showed them was getting sold WITH THEIR OWN SIGNATURE ON THE Project at a certain price i wont tell you (cause i don't want to remember ... understand).
My mistake was the signature. I signed it, but on a white background which is #FFFFFF ... you can easily erase it and put something else, not even at this same place cause you fill it with plain white !! That was the most stupid error i ever did in there

So believe me, i know what is it to get stolen for a work i spent like 120h of working time on. Still i care about how Sylvana (if a girl, sorry i said "him" all along the first message ^^) got hurt. There is always a good way to say things. But i understand BOTH part, believe me. Mikey is a working man that spend time on it and is often busy so this particular matters get it angry or he just resolves them in a hurry, so without any emotion ^^.