How Jammy Is THIS!!

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
so happy

#16 Post by so happy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:27 am

Thanx for the comments guys, I love all 3, they're all different 'animals' , each with their own personality, and trust me, they're getting used and appreciated daily! The 7vwh is the only one to go out on the road so far, but that may change if my courage increases ( read 'trust' issues!). I tell you tho, the 20th is a shoulder destroyer, the thing weighs a ton....it may be relegated to studio / recording duties......I just have to convince the T.V. & film industry that shred is far from dead!! ( I feel a 'soul therapy' solo album coming on....Sod the media :guitar :headbang )

The pickups being white are indeed as a result of the light, took them in a rush, I now have a print of those photo's with " Steve Vai made him do it! " Signed Steve Vai, written on it, cheesy gimmick really but fun to have ( Steve thought so also).

For those who feel the urge to hide and cry at the sight of these photo's, Sorry.....all I can say is Just keep wishing & your wishes have to eventually come true....it's a natural law ( just be careful what you wish for!!)

So I just got back from Paris, met steve, saw the gig, will write a little on the review page after some sleep....one word for now....Speechless!!.......

feeling thoroughly Via-elated :D ( or should that be Vai-olated :shock: )

Peace.

Gavin.

drake

#17 Post by drake » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:05 am

congratS!! :D

theollieb

#18 Post by theollieb » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:23 pm

jamalicious! I like the second pic the most!

slash89

#19 Post by slash89 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:43 pm

A DNA too! :shock: You're one lucky lad, you know that :lol:

Seraphim

#20 Post by Seraphim » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi Gavin. Congratulations for the guitar and for have some time to attend the Steve show in Paris!!! We almost meet in Paris. I was there too and saw the people entering for the EVO experience and only have time to say "HI" to Mikey, then don't see you anymore... maybe next time!!!

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Peyre
Newcomer

#21 Post by Peyre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:53 am

argh :/ you're so lucky...

so happy

#22 Post by so happy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:39 am

Hey Seraphim......You were there eh! pity we didn't hook up, awesome show tho eh, all on form as always. Crazy beautiful with the violins...onwards and upwards as they say.

Take it easy, I'll be at the Birmingham show if you're there?

Gav.

By the way Seraphim....I thought of this crazy new logo for my solo project, since my name is Gavin,but everyone calls me GAV, I came up with this!! I think I saw it in a wild dream I had!.......Cool Huh!!!!??!***^$>?£*&£&*@*!!

Seraphim

#23 Post by Seraphim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Gavin!!!

Yes was a pity. No plans to see Steve in Birmingham... maybe in Dublin, Ireland, if I receive some extra money...

Coool logo, probably was a dream in front of a mirror... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have to register the patent for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you... God knows where...

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

so happy

#24 Post by so happy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Hey Seraphim, Yeah, maybe next time! Sure there will be one. I think Christin will be at Dublin, I won't, unfortunately.

Well I called the Patent office about the logo, but they were all out to lunch.....So I called Back later, and they said they don't patent extra-terrestrial symbols........Oh Well :roll: , the guy was mumbling something about pyramids, the US dollar, a memo from the U.S. patent office from 1947 and some other wierd stuff....sounded like jibberish to me. 8)

vaigod

#25 Post by vaigod » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:16 am

Sweetness
~D

Chris99

#26 Post by Chris99 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:32 pm

What is all that recording equipment in pic 2 it caught my eye more!

How does the 20th sound? Being plastic and all ^^ people said it was for collectors not playing i guess im wrong....give us a clip...you seem to be able to record it easily with that board!!!

so happy

#27 Post by so happy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 pm

Well, that's my studio....or at least a small part of it in the background, protools HD3A based, With a ton of outboard. As for the 20th, it actually sounds awesome, I knew it would, the only reason I'd buy something like that without a demo. I had a resin bodied guitar years ago, handbuilt by a friend, that sounded mental, real heavy hitting bright chunky sound, and the 20th is pretty similar....like I said in my original post, kind of like a hammer hitting Iron!! ( as usual, words often fail to describe). Despite what you might think, it actually 'sings' amazingly, real bright & punchy, with fantastic feedback charactaristics, totally unlike wood, I guess less 'organic' but with a very interesting sonic purity...sustain feedback is less prone to going AWOL thru the harmonics, but has a power all of it's own....more 'direct' :) :? 8) if that makes any sense.....I'll see if I can't get to putting a clip up in the next days, I'm pretty busy tho, but it's a fun idea so I'm sure I'll get it together in between everything.

Peace.

Gav.

P.S. tell you what tho, the thing weighs a ton!! I'd hate to do more than 2 numbers at a gig with it, but I'll let you know, I'm using it at a festival next weekend.

Jem-7vwh-agg

#28 Post by Jem-7vwh-agg » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:59 pm

They look great! post an audio clip since they're music instruments too!!

Angelicosis

#29 Post by Angelicosis » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:49 am

<Mike> wrote:oh man I am so jelous! :P
me either :!: :wink:

Chris99

#30 Post by Chris99 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:41 am

I'm doing a 2 years course in Audio Technology...(commonly named Music Technology) where I get use protools and recording equiment and studio... A few people I saw at it think they are gouing to be playing metallica riffs all day for 2 years (which i despise)

Is this course worth it?

anyway back on topic... How much does the guitar weigh?