Cool Doubleneck

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
ctlegacy
Newcomer

Wow... I don't know that you can say it "Clearly" reads ESP, but now that you mention it, I can see it. You have Great Eyes.

Here is a picture of my soon to be double neck.

The_Illusionist

Hehe, thank you very much! I once had an ESP custom that hade same logo on the back of the headstock, so i recognised it pretty fast ;)
thats a beautiful guitar your getting together there, what's the story behind it?
ctlegacy
Newcomer

The story behind it is that I was board one day, so I thought that I would try building a double neck jem. I build guitars all the time. Here are a couple of my other babies.

The_Illusionist

oh! cool! do you have like your own little company? or you build mostly for yourself?
ctlegacy
Newcomer

I build and sell them. for myself or whoever wants one.
The_Illusionist

cool :) do you have a website?
ctlegacy
Newcomer

Sweepinchord

You make some really nice guitars, perfectly chiseled stuff. Great :D
Where did you learn to do that? I mean, are there any schools that teach that stuff or is it more dad to son knowledge?
ctlegacy
Newcomer

It's been all just me learning from my own mistakes. It's always fun though. I enjoy it. I've made a few now, mainly Ibanez type guitars. Jem bodies, necks, etc. I can't wait to get the double neck done. Maybe this week even. Anyway, thanks for the interest. Let me know if you ever need one.
resha

ctlegacy wrote:Wow... I don't know that you can say it "Clearly" reads ESP, but now that you mention it, I can see it. You have Great Eyes.

Here is a picture of my soon to be double neck.

Will it have a mirror finish like Steve's one?!

It'll be so f***ing cool 8)
ctlegacy
Newcomer

I haven't seen Steve's before. Mine is going to white with pearl pickguard. I think it will look pretty sweet. I can do chrome finish now. I'll put some pics of it up on my site.

Thanks again.
slash89

ctlegacy wrote:The story behind it is that I was board one day, so I thought that I would try building a double neck jem. I build guitars all the time. Here are a couple of my other babies.

Those guitars are so cool dude!! How are they working? Do they sound good?

Peace,
Kristian :)
ctlegacy
Newcomer

They sound great.

I don't really play the one on the left much, but the one on the right is my ALL NIGHT STAGE GUITAR. I play it all night until I break a string or something, then my back up guitar is my Ibanez Jem 7v. The one on the left sounds just as good, but I don't like the frets on that old Jem555 neck.

Thanks for looking.
resha

ctlegacy wrote:I haven't seen Steve's before. Mine is going to white with pearl pickguard. I think it will look pretty sweet. I can do chrome finish now. I'll put some pics of it up on my site.

Thanks again.
Yep it will be a smaller version of Steve's 3 necks one!

Here's a pic of His actual mirror double neck took by someone from the boards I think (I searched through my live pics and I didn't find it, I guess it wasn't part of the guitars for the European leg of RI:R) :roll:

ctlegacy
Newcomer

That's not a chrome finish. That's an actual mirror acrylic bolted to the top of the guitar body. Cool effect, but here is a picture of a guitar that I actually did put a chrome finish on.