My latest painting of Steve

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
lilyannie

Hi, thought I'll show you my new painting of Steve. After viewing most of the photos from his RI tour, this is the image that I have done my interpretation from. I wish to thank the person who posted the image since I do not know which concert and country it came from. I must add that this is the ONLY pose that has got me reaching for my paints! A very big thank you for the inspiration. I love it, it's so symbolic.
I am posting it for you all to make more images using Photoshop and maybe produced a few wallpapers for yourselves - enhancing the hue/saturation or even brightness/contrast - some of the results are stunning. This is due to my painting style which involves a tremendous amount of subtle colour mixing. It's still unfinished/unsigned so any criticism is much welcomed. Here it is:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2948/vaiforum4kz.jpg

Hope the link works! Have fun using Photoshop and show me some of your creations please.

Lily
Cleggy

I doubt you'll get any critiscm - thats amazing! Hope you do some more to show.
J Carlos

wow! its a very good work!
Instrumentalrockrocks

amazing... you can hartly see it's a painting.... if you'd said it's a picture I would've believed it too!

Great Work!

Shred On :guitar
merlinlake78

Ohh man . thats a cool painting ..Very Cool.
thanks for your contribution..
dreamongirl

lilyannie wrote:Hi, thought I'll show you my new painting of Steve. After viewing most of the photos from his RI tour, this is the image that I have done my interpretation from. I wish to thank the person who posted the image since I do not know which concert and country it came from. I must add that this is the ONLY pose that has got me reaching for my paints! A very big thank you for the inspiration. I love it, it's so symbolic.
I am posting it for you all to make more images using Photoshop and maybe produced a few wallpapers for yourselves - enhancing the hue/saturation or even brightness/contrast - some of the results are stunning. This is due to my painting style which involves a tremendous amount of subtle colour mixing. It's still unfinished/unsigned so any criticism is much welcomed. Here it is:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2948/vaiforum4kz.jpg

Hope the link works! Have fun using Photoshop and show me some of your creations please.

Lily
wow :D jes i like it
Balex the Shizzle

thats really good, i hope you feel the urge to make some more of these sometime :wink:
resha

OMG :shock: it's incredible! It looks like a pic... You're great lilyannie 8)

Sincere congratulations :)
slash89

Amazing! You're a really talented painter.
ppvai

holy shit!!!
thats amazing!!
congrats man!
:wink:
seashell

well done Lillyannie! thats really cool :D
lilyannie

Thank you, thank you all.
I am glad you like it, I have put on a few more touches to it now - added a bit extra to his gown, had to make the lower half up as the representation image cut short, just signed it to make it look finished - then I see more 'mistakes' and go for my paints again.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5232/steve1gq.jpg

Have a closer look at the colour mixing - you should put this under Photoshop too and see what other elaborations you can create!

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8666/detail2jo.jpg

Dear Mr Vai,
I will take this painting to show you at the back of the Carling Apollo, Manchester, UK on 1st June, please, please try to come and see it?
PLEASE? Love from Lily

Thanks fans, I know from your comments that I wouldn't embarrassed myself by showing this to Mr Vai.
zey

Hi Lilyannie!

Wow!!!! Congratulations for your work! It`s just that you got to transmit much of Steve`s energy, his expression, strenght, and, most of all, his attitude onstage!!! Wowww!

Whole lotta thanks for sharing dear!!!!

Best wishes,
stratocastermaster

Holy hell! That's amazing.
laficojr

AMAZING!!! :shock: