Real Illusions Tour Gear Photo Fest!

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
Melvin

omg i would love to have all that stuff haha
to sick :)
Melvin

what sort of Paper binder is it ??????
beyondthenotes712

whoa... that's GREAT man! does anyone know what wah pedal that is? i just double-checked the morely website and it doesn't look like the bad horsie or bad horsie 2. is it a one-off? maybe a new prototype?

thanks again Jeroen
RAI

Steve doesn't always use the "obvious" endorsee items.
In those shots it looks like Steve is using a CryBaby...

:)
beyondthenotes712

LordHar wrote:Am I seeing things, or isn't he using his Bad Horsey anymore but a Crybaby instead?
ha i'm not the only one, it seems like he might need a crybaby (if it is one) for the audience is listening, the horsie's are a little more subtle
beyondthenotes712

Jeroen wrote:
pagliai wrote:Ok,
First of all thank you so much to you Jeroen, you rule.
Now of course i 've got some technical questions for ya.

About pedalboard

Here he goes into the wha ----ibanez screamer-----ds1-------volume-----phaser--------whammy?
Because i think he goes with volume into FX loop
So what is the correct signal path for this pedalboard?
I think it's jem => volume => wah => ds1/ts => whammy => mxr. But don't read it as gospel, I'm not 100% sure.
Amps

Does he still use main amp for send /return and return amp for return?
Don't know. I figgured he used one for mains, one for the fretless neck of the double neck / accoustic and one for backup in case one blows.
RacK
FRom send to zoom outL/R ----------------gforce down(comp + delay)-------gforce up(delay+chorus) is it correct?

FX preset for this preset
Zoom is a slapback delay is it right?
gforce 1 is a long delay
gforce 2 is a stereo delay + doubling with chorus?
Eek! What I know is that the Zoom is there for the cat sound of the fretless part of the double neck (for 'Glorious').
Seems to me both G-forces sits in the loop of each of the active Legacys (which matches with the legacy layout I mentioned above).
They're both on preset with Delay and Compression. I'm sure that there are also presets with chorus and other delay settings (for example for Whispering, one part needs a specific delay). But he can switch those from his DMC ground Control.

is it correct?

Please Jeroen you were really a golden help so if you can replay at these questions i 'll really grateful ,really.
Thank you so much in avance
Alex
These are my (uneducated) guesses. :)

Oh, and the dunlop wah is there because of the particular sound Steve needs for "The Audience Is Listning", my guess it's too much trouble to bring out a BH also, given the chronic lack of pedalboard real estate and the need to replug a lot during the show.

J
sry didn't see the bottom part :oops:

you're right RAI, he's already getting endorsed for the alligator anyway :D
wagner2004
Newcomer

Thanks for this amazing pics of gear !! 8) 8) 8)
blackwell

could someone send me a link or something for the g-force or g-major system and how much they go for, :P tah!!!
so happy

Try doing a search using' t.c.electronics g-force'+ country code where you live, on the net. you may be surprised. Sorry to state the obvious, but it's pretty obvious.

:roll:
beyondthenotes712

blackwell wrote:could someone send me a link or something for the g-force or g-major system and how much they go for, :P tah!!!
www.tceletronic.com should work... musician's friend sells the g-force for about $1500 and the g-major for about $400.
RAI

beyondthenotes712 wrote:
www.tceletronic.com should work...
Nope, but http://www.tcelectronic.com/ does...
GGGrev

Priceless, and all the photos were at the settings of each machine. :lol:
Splish

I dunno if anyone's noticed, but on the back of Evo, Vai has some sort of allen key holder....

Anyone know where to get these from? :)
EyE

Splish wrote:I dunno if anyone's noticed, but on the back of Evo, Vai has some sort of allen key holder....

Anyone know where to get these from? :)
Ibanez used to sell those. Don't know if there are still avaible.
Splish

kewelness, I'll check that out :)

thanx a bunch :D