Real Illusions Tour Gear Photo Fest!

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
RAI

ridetherockit wrote:all his pedals, and Amps' have been Modded by Robert keelly
Really?
Wow, I did not know that....
:roll:
knarfzednem

endor wrote:please, will sonone tell me what that alchemist headste is,

thanx
i believe it's just a headset thingy with lights on it. it's something Thomas used backstage for maintenence and Steve just took it. i think.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

ridetherockit wrote:all his pedals, and Amps' have been Modded by Robert keelly
Uhm..no.
LordHar

Am I seeing things, or isn't he using his Bad Horsey anymore but a Crybaby instead?
pagliai

Ok,
First of all thank you so much to you Jeroen, you rule.
Now of course i 've got some technical questions for ya.

About pedalboard

Here he goes into the wha ----ibanez screamer-----ds1-------volume-----phaser--------whammy?
Because i think he goes with volume into FX loop
So what is the correct signal path for this pedalboard?

Amps

Does he still use main amp for send /return and return amp for return?

RacK
FRom send to zoom outL/R ----------------gforce down(comp + delay)-------gforce up(delay+chorus) is it correct?

FX preset for this preset
Zoom is a slapback delay is it right?
gforce 1 is a long delay
gforce 2 is a stereo delay + doubling with chorus?

is it correct?

Please Jeroen you were really a golden help so if you can replay at these questions i 'll really grateful ,really.
Thank you so much in avance
Alex
merlinlake78

Yeahh .. i wanna know too ..are there only a certain ways to
connect all this equipment ..pedals / racks and amps ..
Or does it really depends on what sound you want?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

pagliai wrote:Ok,
First of all thank you so much to you Jeroen, you rule.
Now of course i 've got some technical questions for ya.

About pedalboard

Here he goes into the wha ----ibanez screamer-----ds1-------volume-----phaser--------whammy?
Because i think he goes with volume into FX loop
So what is the correct signal path for this pedalboard?
I think it's jem => volume => wah => ds1/ts => whammy => mxr. But don't read it as gospel, I'm not 100% sure.
Amps

Does he still use main amp for send /return and return amp for return?
Don't know. I figgured he used one for mains, one for the fretless neck of the double neck / accoustic and one for backup in case one blows.
RacK
FRom send to zoom outL/R ----------------gforce down(comp + delay)-------gforce up(delay+chorus) is it correct?

FX preset for this preset
Zoom is a slapback delay is it right?
gforce 1 is a long delay
gforce 2 is a stereo delay + doubling with chorus?
Eek! What I know is that the Zoom is there for the cat sound of the fretless part of the double neck (for 'Glorious').
Seems to me both G-forces sits in the loop of each of the active Legacys (which matches with the legacy layout I mentioned above).
They're both on preset with Delay and Compression. I'm sure that there are also presets with chorus and other delay settings (for example for Whispering, one part needs a specific delay). But he can switch those from his DMC ground Control.

is it correct?

Please Jeroen you were really a golden help so if you can replay at these questions i 'll really grateful ,really.
Thank you so much in avance
Alex
These are my (uneducated) guesses. :)

Oh, and the dunlop wah is there because of the particular sound Steve needs for "The Audience Is Listning", my guess it's too much trouble to bring out a BH also, given the chronic lack of pedalboard real estate and the need to replug a lot during the show.

J
knarfzednem

i don't understand. why does Steve use compression in the effects loop? it would be kind of useless wouldn't it? and doesn't compression kill dynamics? I don't know, maybe Steve just prefers it for live playing. thanks for all the pics and answers Jeroen.
pagliai

Jeroen,thank you for the info
last 2 questions:
can you tell me if the input jacks of the 2 legacy are plugged?
For the people and people and people and anyone in this site can you tell us 1 of the parameters of his delays?
This is a really stupid question,but how many people 'll be happy and this is really educational for anyone to understand the way to set a delay.
The first question is important to understand if the second legacy works like you told us or it works only like a power stage alone.If fact if he uses one legacy with one gforce and second legacy with second gforce he 'll use 2 poweramps to go to 2 cab on stage,while if only 1 legacy is plugged in the second legacy works with power stage alone and this is the return of the right of left FX chain and the 2 gforce are plugged together in series.
Mh my english is sinking :roll: so.......
thank you so much Jeroen
Please,Give us a chake :wink:
Thank you so much again
Good tour to you and anyone there
Alex
pagliai

Jeroen can you put in this post some of your photoes of rear part of the rack and of the amps so your work 'll be really complete and we 'll be educated to plug a rack with the amp etc.
Don't kill me for this and the other question 'cause this is a really educational thread so please,
give us a little help
Thank you so so much again
Alex
pagliai

Jeroen thank you for your knowledge this is a really amazing issue
thank you so much
Alex
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey,

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the rear of the stacks and rack.

As for the delays, I'm sure the settings vary on a song to song basis, but I don't know the parameters for his patches.

By the way, I'm not on tour with the guys (I'd wish..besides that, the tour is now over anyway), I took the pics before the two shows played in Holland.

Cheers,
j
pagliai

Sorry for my mistakes ,however thank you so so much again for the photoes and for your grat work in this site and of course for your knowledge

You rule
play a groovy week
Alex
null_is_one

:) !!!!
this made my day!
the motal tools used to achieve superhuman feats!
(or something like that)
WOO HOO
Tonza
Newcomer

I think it's jem => volume => wah => ds1/ts => whammy => mxr. But don't read it as gospel, I'm not 100% sure.
I think signal goes like this: Jem => Little Alligator => wah wah => Whammy => EVH => DS-1/TS :roll:

I would sound better if distortion pedals are after all these modulation pedals and other stuff. This is my guess :D