Manchester Virtual Festivals Photos

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
BobsterLobster

I'm a professional photographer, I was taking photos for Virtual Festivals at the Manchester show on 24/10/05. I usually only display a few photos per band after a shoot, but this one was really special to me so I've included quite a few more than usual. Please let me know which ones you particularly like!
DO NOT use these photos without asking me first!
There's also my review here: http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... ht=#176921

The photos are here: www.EyesOpen.co.uk/VaiManchester2005

And some of my favourites below:

Last edited by BobsterLobster on Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocknuts

You are indeed a good photographer. 8)

Those pictures look almost 3D. Crisp and clear.

You must have a good zoom lens on your camera.

The best pics I have seen so far on this forum. Bloody well done sir!!! :D
Dany_Vai

:shock: Your pics rules!!!!!!!!!
I loved!!!

MILLION THANKS :mrgreen:
StephenECarter
Newcomer

Its alive...... Its alive.......

Absolutely fantastic - they are so good.

Well Done!

Steve
treeduck

Those are fantastic pictures!
NatiFable

rocknuts wrote:You are indeed a good photographer. 8)
That's exactly what I thought. You are a professional photographer. Man oh man, doesn't get much clearer than that!

Professional photogs stand out like professional musicians. That's one developed eye your looking through!

Excellent!

peace and light
BobsterLobster

I'm glad I've found my vocation in life after years and years of being a frustrated musician. Photographing musicians is a bonus! All the music without the practice, ego clashes, self-doubt, carting equipment about, etc LOL
cbr1000f

Wow, you're very talented. After looking at the Vai-pics I discovered the rest of your website. :shock:
Juice777

Great pics Bobster. Browsing the rest of your site, I notice you have a pic of Graham Garside, who I know from the Hudds music scene. It may be of some interest to you that there's a jam night at the Vox Bar in Hudds on 24th November, where you'll be able to see most of the best musos in and around Hudds, including Graham (probably), Martin Chung (phenomenal guitarist) and I'll also be playing. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you what info I can. As for the Vai pics, you really captured what a great night it was, and I'm sure Steve'll be interested in your pics.

Dave
BobsterLobster

Juice777 wrote:Great pics Bobster. Browsing the rest of your site, I notice you have a pic of Graham Garside, who I know from the Hudds music scene. It may be of some interest to you that there's a jam night at the Vox Bar in Hudds on 24th November, where you'll be able to see most of the best musos in and around Hudds, including Graham (probably), Martin Chung (phenomenal guitarist) and I'll also be playing. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you what info I can. As for the Vai pics, you really captured what a great night it was, and I'm sure Steve'll be interested in your pics.

Dave
Bloody hell, I'm also a guitarist on the Hudds circuit... Chungie is good isn't he? I missed him at the Marsden Jazz Festival, I heard that was a great gig. I love Graham's playing, glad Steveo's sorted him out... what's happening with that album anyway? What band do you play with? I use Ross the drummer (who's now at Uni) from time to time who's always inviting me to one of those Vox Bar jams, I've probably met you before!
Anyway, unfortunately it's a thumbs down from Mike as far as the pics are concerned, maybe next time!
resha

this are the best pics I've ever seen, really... can I pm you and have one of those mailed in a bigger size in order to stamp it the bigger I can? it would be really great for me :P
BobsterLobster

Hi, thanks for the praise,
I really can't give these out in higher res...
firstly, I've already been generous in putting them up without watermarks at quite a high size,
secondly, I can't sell them because I was given a press pass by Steve's management... unless they buy the photos and sell them on officially (which is unlikely, I've already tried), I can only sell them to magazines for editorial use, otherwise I'm taking away from Steve's merchandising profits.
Sorry!
Bob
R1FSR

Hi bob
i think we spoke briefly when we was at the stage waiting for the lights to dim..i also had a photo pass but unlike yourself im just a fan with a love of photographing Vai..im far from pro and it shows in the end product.
I thought i had some 'decent' photos..but yours are just inceredible.
I wish i could get half of that quality.
Im happy with the pics i have but yours kick mine in to touch.
outstanding well done.
BobsterLobster

R1FSR wrote:Hi bob
i think we spoke briefly when we was at the stage waiting for the lights to dim..i also had a photo pass but unlike yourself im just a fan with a love of photographing Vai..im far from pro and it shows in the end product.
I thought i had some 'decent' photos..but yours are just inceredible.
I wish i could get half of that quality.
Im happy with the pics i have but yours kick mine in to touch.
outstanding well done.
I loved your photos, thanks for sharing them! And thanks for your kind words :-)
R1FSR

Hi Bob

sent you a PM
:D